Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 11 de Abril de 2024, 19:39
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Março de 2024, 03:20
Citação de: diogo32 em 29 de Março de 2024, 22:52
Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Março de 2024, 12:56
Citação de: diogo32 em 28 de Março de 2024, 22:55Fcporto chairman said that Olympiacos has informed that will trigger the 17M buy option of David Carmo.

Olympiacos biggest transfers were Zahovic and Giovanni (13M) in 99/00.

Since 2010 the club only bought 6 players for >5M.

Money laundry? Anyway it's a case for the police. Clearly.

Carmo has said and done the right things since he came. He said for example he will tell his family for years the honour it was that he played for Olympiacos. Stuff like this counts and also Olympiacos want leaders in defence and he fits as a leader.

I will be impressed if the total goes as high as 17 million but it will easily eclipse all records (although 13 million for Giovanni in 1999 maybe be with inflation around 17 million in today's money?).

As for the wealth of Marinakis. Shippers made not millions but billions during Covid. They raised their prices not only because of Covid but due to problems in Panama and other dangerous routes. The only redeeming feature about Greeks is that many of them are spenders when they make a lot of money. Marinakis spent so much money at Forest, they have been deducted points.. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forests-latest-accounts-reveal-9196318

Marinakis has been impressed by the signings this winter as have I. Horta, Chiquinho, Carmo have been very professional.

As for Horta and Chiquinho, I suspect both will stay and I think they have added a quality to the team. https://www.ojogo.pt/6707347276/chiquinho-feliz-no-olympiacos-o-benfica-deu-me-estaleca/

He may be wealth, but that can't be seen on the team in the last years. Who did he bought? Any player for half of that amount? And it can be seen in your results.
Teams like PAOK and PAO haven't been worse and don't have high budgets. Even AEK can compete nowadays. And suddently he wants to invest that much in a center back?! Weird.

I agree. He hasn't spent much on Oly but still more than AEK, PAO, PAOK etc spent. Oly has been behind Forest for him because he wanted to establish Forest in the Prem. That is changing I think. It won't only be Carmo he buys, it will be Horta, Chiquinho, Podence etc and he will renew Fortounis, Masouras etc and maybe even buy another striker.
What you think about Ortega?

7/10 player. Not great in defence,  not great in attack... Tries hard and needs to improve.

Retsos is a disaster.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Abril de 2024, 19:47
Citação de: Covenant em 11 de Abril de 2024, 19:39
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Março de 2024, 03:20
Citação de: diogo32 em 29 de Março de 2024, 22:52
Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Março de 2024, 12:56
Citação de: diogo32 em 28 de Março de 2024, 22:55Fcporto chairman said that Olympiacos has informed that will trigger the 17M buy option of David Carmo.

Olympiacos biggest transfers were Zahovic and Giovanni (13M) in 99/00.

Since 2010 the club only bought 6 players for >5M.

Money laundry? Anyway it's a case for the police. Clearly.

Carmo has said and done the right things since he came. He said for example he will tell his family for years the honour it was that he played for Olympiacos. Stuff like this counts and also Olympiacos want leaders in defence and he fits as a leader.

I will be impressed if the total goes as high as 17 million but it will easily eclipse all records (although 13 million for Giovanni in 1999 maybe be with inflation around 17 million in today's money?).

As for the wealth of Marinakis. Shippers made not millions but billions during Covid. They raised their prices not only because of Covid but due to problems in Panama and other dangerous routes. The only redeeming feature about Greeks is that many of them are spenders when they make a lot of money. Marinakis spent so much money at Forest, they have been deducted points.. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forests-latest-accounts-reveal-9196318

Marinakis has been impressed by the signings this winter as have I. Horta, Chiquinho, Carmo have been very professional.

As for Horta and Chiquinho, I suspect both will stay and I think they have added a quality to the team. https://www.ojogo.pt/6707347276/chiquinho-feliz-no-olympiacos-o-benfica-deu-me-estaleca/

He may be wealth, but that can't be seen on the team in the last years. Who did he bought? Any player for half of that amount? And it can be seen in your results.
Teams like PAOK and PAO haven't been worse and don't have high budgets. Even AEK can compete nowadays. And suddently he wants to invest that much in a center back?! Weird.

I agree. He hasn't spent much on Oly but still more than AEK, PAO, PAOK etc spent. Oly has been behind Forest for him because he wanted to establish Forest in the Prem. That is changing I think. It won't only be Carmo he buys, it will be Horta, Chiquinho, Podence etc and he will renew Fortounis, Masouras etc and maybe even buy another striker.
What you think about Ortega?

7/10 player. Not great in defence,  not great in attack... Tries hard and needs to improve.

Retsos is a disaster.
Thanks.

DoubleJ

Congrats. Hopefully you go all the way.

Godescalco

Iconic victory in Constantinople tonight!

Now Villa comes next. No pressure on Olympiakos' side, it would be a dream to go to the final.

Faliro

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 18 de Abril de 2024, 23:02Congrats. Hopefully you go all the way.

Thanks man. Only the 3rd time a Greek team gets to a Semi.

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Abril de 2024, 00:39
Citação de: DoubleJ em 18 de Abril de 2024, 23:02Congrats. Hopefully you go all the way.

Mendilibar will mark a new era in Piraeus.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 19 de Abril de 2024, 00:41
Citação de: Faliro em 19 de Abril de 2024, 00:39

Mendilibar will mark a new era in Piraeus.

He has already done something that will be remembered for generations.

DoubleJ

I was very wrong about him :rir:

Faliro

IPASLB

Covenant

Citação de: IPASLB em 25 de Abril de 2024, 17:14
Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Abril de 2024, 19:18UEFA Youth League Final:

Olympiacos 3
Milan 0

First ever Greek champion of any UEFA competition.

https://www.fosonline.gr/podosfairo/diethni/article/298845/olympiakos-milan-3-0-protathlites-eyropis-oi-magkes-toy-sylaidopoyloy-highlights
Also the only greek club who became european champion.
Nobody Cares about Youth League, unless it's your club.😅

Now, Olympiakos have to take advantage of this players. Without that, it's nothing.

IPASLB

Citação de: Covenant em 26 de Abril de 2024, 13:16

Olympiacos 3
Milan 0

https://www.fosonline.gr/podosfairo/diethni/article/298845/olympiakos-milan-3-0-protathlites-eyropis-oi-magkes-toy-sylaidopoyloy-highlights

Now, Olympiakos have to take advantage of this players. Without that, it's nothing.

Olympiacos 3
Milan 0

Benfica have some professional teams;

Football;

SL Benfica A.
SL Benfica B.*
SL Benfica A (Women's Team).
SL Benfica u23.*
SL Benfica u19.*
SL Benfica u17.

Only Men Teams;

Basketball;

SL Benfica A.

Handball;

SL Benfica A.

Futsal;

SL Benfica A.

Roller Hockey;

SL Benfica A.

Volleyball;

SL Benfica A.

Rugby Union;

SL Benfica A.

eSports;

SL Benfica A (Men).

All the rest of the SLB Teams aren't Professional, some are Semi Professionals and the rest, Amateur Teams.

So...yes the UEFA Youth League it's important, not like the other UEFA Football Competitions but still important, more relevant than most sport competitions in Europe envolving club Teams who aren't Professional such as Athletics.

*;The three Teams work with each other in order to provide what each Team needs to acomplish in various competitions such as UEFA Youth League itself.

Faliro

You make some very important points.

I feel often Greek youth teams are exceptional but the players go on to do nothing, most end up in Poland or the Greek second division. I can name 100s of players like these.

This championship is important. Olympiacos must start to integrate some of these players. I watched the game in parts. The attacking play was flawless at times, looked like a mid table La Liga side.. The papers have already said, these players must not be abandoned. The coach must integrate them.

The stand out players are the Keeper: Antzelo Sina.
Outfield:
Papakanellos - Attacking Midfield.
Theofanis Bakoulas - Defensive Midfield.
Charalampos Kostoulas - Centre-Forward - stand out player*
Christos Mouzakitis- Central Midfield

* Son if this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasios_Kostoulas

Faliro

Citação de: IPASLB em 26 de Abril de 2024, 14:38

Olympiacos 3
Milan 0

Olympiacos 3
Milan 0

Benfica have some professional teams;

Football;

SL Benfica A.
SL Benfica B.*
SL Benfica u23.*
SL Benfica u19.*
SL Benfica u17.

Only Men Teams;

Basketball;

SL Benfica A.

Handball;

SL Benfica A.

Futsal;

SL Benfica A.

Roller Hockey;

SL Benfica A.

Volleyball;

SL Benfica A.

Rugby Union;

SL Benfica A.

eSports;

SL Benfica A (Men).

All the rest of the SLB Teams aren't Professional, some are Semi Professionals and the rest, Amateur Teams.

So...yes the UEFA Youth League it's important, not like the other UEFA Football Competitions but still important, more relevant than most sport competitions in Europe envolving club Teams who aren't Professional such as Athletics.

*;The three Teams work with each other in order to provide what each Team needs to acomplish in various competitions such as UEFA Youth League itself.

I can't believe you added the e-sports.. 😂