Olympiacos Piraeus

Godescalco

I should say that I wasn't able to watch a single minute of the first leg in Piraeus but judging by the result, it was an unmitigated disaster.

Regardless, this evening was magical, @Faliro! 6-1! One for the ages.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 14 de Março de 2024, 22:41I should say that I wasn't able to watch a single minute of the first leg in Piraeus but judging by the result, it was an unmitigated disaster.

Regardless, this evening was magical, @Faliro! 6-1! One for the ages.

Man I watched that first game and even lost some money on it. It was disgusting. Every time Tel Aviv got the ball on the break they scored - even though we usually had 4 defenders in the box! The 1-4 was so bad, Mendilibar didn't even talk to the players about qualification before the game last night, he just asked them to put on a show for the fans.

This game last night was like a Barcelona game when they had Messi. We went in there away from home and went to out-score them big time. Was an incredible night, one of the best of Olympiacos. The passion, the pure attack. The high line. The intense defending the few times they had the ball. Retsos was terrible again but we did it regardless. Israeli sides have such a good record against Greek sides so this game was important to stop that. Excellent night.

Must also say the stand out players were Podence, Carmo, Fortounis, Rodinei and the strikers.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4g0Z5FN6ac/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4g2qeWtutv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Arceus_17

Wooow what a night!! :dance:  :clap1:

Haifa is getting used to be trashed 1-6 by red and white clubs.  :smokin:

Espártaco

Faliro

Citação de: Espártaco em 15 de Março de 2024, 11:51Congratulations, Faliro. :bandeiraslb2:

Citação de: Arceus_17 em 15 de Março de 2024, 10:29Wooow what a night!! :dance:  :clap1:

Haifa is getting used to be trashed 1-6 by red and white clubs.  :smokin:

Thanks guys.  :tocha:  :bandeira1:  :tocha:

Godescalco

Fenerbahçe's next. They're a good team.

However, I think Olympiakos can legitimately aspire to be in the semi-finals. If you can perform at last evening's level (or close to it), you can beat the Turks.

Faliro

Citação de: Godescalco em 15 de Março de 2024, 17:35Fenerbahçe's next. They're a good team.

However, I think Olympiakos can legitimately aspire to be in the semi-finals. If you can perform at last evening's level (or close to it), you can beat the Turks.

I agree. We also have a good record vs Turkish teams. Also teams at this stage are carrying injuries, are tired etc. I think this will be a good game for the neutral considering the political angle and passion of the fans.

About the UEFA co-efficient points, we were getting 400 points for a victory. From the quarter finals on, how much will a victory bring or does the increase only start from the Semis?

diogo32

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Março de 2024, 18:29
Citação de: Godescalco em 15 de Março de 2024, 17:35Fenerbahçe's next. They're a good team.

I agree. We also have a good record vs Turkish teams. Also teams at this stage are carrying injuries, are tired etc. I think this will be a good game for the neutral considering the political angle and passion of the fans.

About the UEFA co-efficient points, we were getting 400 points for a victory. From the quarter finals on, how much will a victory bring or does the increase only start from the Semis?

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/club/about/

Congratulations. But with Chiquinho on the team you should know it would happen  :D

Faliro

Citação de: diogo32 em 15 de Março de 2024, 23:41
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Março de 2024, 18:29

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/club/about/

Congratulations. But with Chiquinho on the team you should know it would happen  :D

He played well, a few misplaced passes, but good. Horta too.

diogo32

Fcporto chairman said that Olympiacos has informed that will trigger the 17M buy option of David Carmo.

Olympiacos biggest transfers were Zahovic and Giovanni (13M) in 99/00.

Since 2010 the club only bought 6 players for >5M.

Money laundry? Anyway it's a case for the police. Clearly.

Faliro

Citação de: diogo32 em 28 de Março de 2024, 22:55Fcporto chairman said that Olympiacos has informed that will trigger the 17M buy option of David Carmo.

Carmo has said and done the right things since he came. He said for example he will tell his family for years the honour it was that he played for Olympiacos. Stuff like this counts and also Olympiacos want leaders in defence and he fits as a leader.

I will be impressed if the total goes as high as 17 million but it will easily eclipse all records (although 13 million for Giovanni in 1999 maybe be with inflation around 17 million in today's money?).

As for the wealth of Marinakis. Shippers made not millions but billions during Covid. They raised their prices not only because of Covid but due to problems in Panama and other dangerous routes. The only redeeming feature about Greeks is that many of them are spenders when they make a lot of money. Marinakis spent so much money at Forest, they have been deducted points.. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forests-latest-accounts-reveal-9196318

Marinakis has been impressed by the signings this winter as have I. Horta, Chiquinho, Carmo have been very professional.

As for Horta and Chiquinho, I suspect both will stay and I think they have added a quality to the team. https://www.ojogo.pt/6707347276/chiquinho-feliz-no-olympiacos-o-benfica-deu-me-estaleca/

Faliro

diogo32

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Março de 2024, 12:56
Citação de: diogo32 em 28 de Março de 2024, 22:55Fcporto chairman said that Olympiacos has informed that will trigger the 17M buy option of David Carmo.

Carmo has said and done the right things since he came. He said for example he will tell his family for years the honour it was that he played for Olympiacos. Stuff like this counts and also Olympiacos want leaders in defence and he fits as a leader.

I will be impressed if the total goes as high as 17 million but it will easily eclipse all records (although 13 million for Giovanni in 1999 maybe be with inflation around 17 million in today's money?).

As for the wealth of Marinakis. Shippers made not millions but billions during Covid. They raised their prices not only because of Covid but due to problems in Panama and other dangerous routes. The only redeeming feature about Greeks is that many of them are spenders when they make a lot of money. Marinakis spent so much money at Forest, they have been deducted points.. https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forests-latest-accounts-reveal-9196318

Marinakis has been impressed by the signings this winter as have I. Horta, Chiquinho, Carmo have been very professional.

As for Horta and Chiquinho, I suspect both will stay and I think they have added a quality to the team. https://www.ojogo.pt/6707347276/chiquinho-feliz-no-olympiacos-o-benfica-deu-me-estaleca/

He may be wealth, but that can't be seen on the team in the last years. Who did he bought? Any player for half of that amount? And it can be seen in your results.
Teams like PAOK and PAO haven't been worse and don't have high budgets. Even AEK can compete nowadays. And suddently he wants to invest that much in a center back?! Weird.

Faliro

Citação de: diogo32 em 29 de Março de 2024, 22:52

He may be wealth, but that can't be seen on the team in the last years. Who did he bought? Any player for half of that amount? And it can be seen in your results.
Teams like PAOK and PAO haven't been worse and don't have high budgets. Even AEK can compete nowadays. And suddently he wants to invest that much in a center back?! Weird.

I agree. He hasn't spent much on Oly but still more than AEK, PAO, PAOK etc spent. Oly has been behind Forest for him because he wanted to establish Forest in the Prem. That is changing I think. It won't only be Carmo he buys, it will be Horta, Chiquinho, Podence etc and he will renew Fortounis, Masouras etc and maybe even buy another striker.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Março de 2024, 03:20
Citação de: diogo32 em 29 de Março de 2024, 22:52

I agree. He hasn't spent much on Oly but still more than AEK, PAO, PAOK etc spent. Oly has been behind Forest for him because he wanted to establish Forest in the Prem. That is changing I think. It won't only be Carmo he buys, it will be Horta, Chiquinho, Podence etc and he will renew Fortounis, Masouras etc and maybe even buy another striker.
What you think about Ortega?