Hellas futebol

Covenant

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 22 de Março de 2024, 18:38Great win yesterday.

Yea. I am of the mind you should only enter a tournament if you got a chance of winning it. Not sure these players have that...

DoubleJ

Sporting interested in Ioannidis

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Março de 2024, 08:38

Yea. I am of the mind you should only enter a tournament if you got a chance of winning it. Not sure these players have that...
Not really. For teams like Greece it's important because they can improve.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 23 de Março de 2024, 15:38
Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Março de 2024, 08:38

Not really. For teams like Greece it's important because they can improve.

Good point but part of me thinks that would truer if young players are given time. When you see our squad and those who start games... Zeca (35), Kourbelis (30), Tzavellas (36), Mantalos (32), Baldock (31), Bakasetas (30), Pelkas (30)..

Faliro

diogo32

Ioannidis linked with sporting. Is he good enough?

Faliro

Citação de: diogo32 em 23 de Março de 2024, 17:14Ioannidis linked with sporting. Is he good enough?

I wouldn't recommend him for Benfica.. put it like that..  :rir:

For me he hasn't stood out but he could be an interesting player.

Faliro

Almeida strangling a PAOK official after PAOK trash AEK 3-2.

DoubleJ

Its been a while now, so what are your thoughts on the current league system, Faliro?

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 29 de Abril de 2024, 21:37Its been a while now, so what are your thoughts on the current league system, Faliro?

I dont mind it. This 2024 play-off league has been very thrilling. It is also an instant coach killer which is fun. Terim basically lost PAO the championship yesterday with the home loss to Aris. Also it highlights the corruption in Greece. Almeida strangled a guy yesterday and the EPO didn't even ask him for an apology.

Because the stadiums are better, the games ate more fun to watch too. Only Lamia has a weak stadium out of the 6 teams.

DoubleJ

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Abril de 2024, 22:00
Citação de: DoubleJ em 29 de Abril de 2024, 21:37Its been a while now, so what are your thoughts on the current league system, Faliro?

I dont mind it. This 2024 play-off league has been very thrilling. It is also an instant coach killer which is fun. Terim basically lost PAO the championship yesterday with the home loss to Aris. Also it highlights the corruption in Greece. Almeida strangled a guy yesterday and the EPO didn't even ask him for an apology.

Because the stadiums are better, the games ate more fun to watch too. Only Lamia has a weak stadium out of the 6 teams.
Speaking of it, hows the rest of the league going? The Salonika stadium plans, the mid table teams operations, other future stadiums?

Panserraikos project, SL2 teams going up?

What I'm asking for, is basically a detailed round up of the league :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 30 de Abril de 2024, 20:08
Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Abril de 2024, 22:00

Speaking of it, hows the rest of the league going? The Salonika stadium plans, the mid table teams operations, other future stadiums?

Panserraikos project, SL2 teams going up?

What I'm asking for, is basically a detailed round up of the league :rir:

Great question.

Now I have somewhat recovered from Thursday.. and work today.. Here goes.

PAOK stadium plans on hold. Savvidis basically gave up after Ukraine. He is apparently close with Putin, so it is 'difficult' to talk new stadia while Ukraine is ongoing.. whatever that means.. I don't think he was ever serious.

Aris stadium quiet..

Iraklis stadium the most movement. They want to build a 12k stadium on their land next to the Kaftanzoglio at their stadium Γήπεδο Χορτατζήδων.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/CQH1uFiGQTsdStx19

That one probably has the best chances up there.

Panserraikos staying up. They are doing fairly well. Fuck knows about their stadium, it has earthquake damage like many old stadiums in Greece. Parts of it can't even be used. Sadly Kyfissia may go down - they were fun. 

Looks like Levadiakos and Kallithea are coming up to the Super League. No thrills or fans there. The big teams; AEL, Kalamata, Panaxaiki Patras and Iraklis once again don't get prmotion due to terrible management.

I guess to talk a bit about the Super League this year.. Very close at the top. The league is the most competitive I have ever seen it. AEK are basking in the glory of their new stadium and the league is stronger for it. Hellas is getting there, albeit at a snail's pace.

PAO have begun earthworks on the Votanikos stadium:

When this stadium is complete - Athens will be a giant of football.

I think Greek football is in a very strong position atm.