Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Celticfan em 26 de Junho de 2022, 19:02
Random question. Was Barkas actually good for AEK or as bad as he was for Celtic and only played well against them?

I like Giakoumakis for Celtic. Isn't the most skilled player but a good target man who gives his all. Reminds me a lot of Jan Venegoor of Hesselink

Heya mate.

Yea Barkas was useless at AEK as well. They are a terribly managed club with many useless players. Sadly, that team is a conveyor belt to the Greek national team, thus explaining why Greece hasn't qualified for a major tournament since the World Cup in 2014. The owner - nicknamed Tiger - is worth around 4 billion, but he is exceptionally tight. The last few years they have been spending most their money building their new stadium which will be ready for next season. The keeper that impressed more than Barkas in the season AEK won the league (2017-2018) was Anestis.

Giakoumakis imo is talented and comes from a family of footballers. He was feeding off scraps at AEK as they have terrible creative players. Also I think the pressure got to him. I was amazed continental clubs weren't clawing at him after the season he had but Celtic were very wise to pick him up. There is always risk bringing Greek players to the UK as they can be hit and miss. The leagues in the UK are very physical. I think he is a player that would do well in most leagues, physical, awkward to mark and doesn't miss sitters. If the Greek NT had more creative players he would have more goals there as well.

Celticfan

Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Junho de 2022, 15:23
Citação de: Celticfan em 26 de Junho de 2022, 19:02
Random question. Was Barkas actually good for AEK or as bad as he was for Celtic and only played well against them?

I like Giakoumakis for Celtic. Isn't the most skilled player but a good target man who gives his all. Reminds me a lot of Jan Venegoor of Hesselink

Heya mate.

Yea Barkas was useless at AEK as well. They are a terribly managed club with many useless players. Sadly, that team is a conveyor belt to the Greek national team, thus explaining why Greece hasn't qualified for a major tournament since the World Cup in 2014. The owner - nicknamed Tiger - is worth around 4 billion, but he is exceptionally tight. The last few years they have been spending most their money building their new stadium which will be ready for next season. The keeper that impressed more than Barkas in the season AEK won the league (2017-2018) was Anestis.

Giakoumakis imo is talented and comes from a family of footballers. He was feeding off scraps at AEK as they have terrible creative players. Also I think the pressure got to him. I was amazed continental clubs weren't clawing at him after the season he had but Celtic were very wise to pick him up. There is always risk bringing Greek players to the UK as they can be hit and miss. The leagues in the UK are very physical. I think he is a player that would do well in most leagues, physical, awkward to mark and doesn't miss sitters. If the Greek NT had more creative players he would have more goals there as well.

Barkas was blaming covid today for being crap and saying keepers shouldn't sign for Celtic  :2funny: Somehow Joe Hart did fine despite covid when he came in. We literally have a manager that can talk Greek. Genuinely never saw him make a save at Celtic.

So far I love Giakoumakis. He puts in a power load of work. If he was a big more clinical he wouldn't be at Celtic and likely in a top 5 league but his scoring rate is still decent. He has a good presence up front. I know what you mean by pressure, he had a poor start at Celtic where he missed a penalty that cost us 3 points then got hurt for a few months. Once he got over that penalty miss and had a run of games though his confidence shot up, boldly telling the media back in January that Celtic had the title in the bag.

The most frustrating player i've ever saw was Georgios Samaras. When he was in the mood he was literally effin Messi but unfortunately he was only in the mood 1 games in 5 and the rest he was either meh or anonymous. He had all the tools as well including great pace. When he hit a purple patch he was a joy to watch but then could go months doing little.

Faliro

Citação de: Celticfan em 27 de Junho de 2022, 22:01
Barkas was blaming covid today for being crap and saying keepers shouldn't sign for Celtic  :2funny: Somehow Joe Hart did fine despite covid when he came in. We literally have a manager that can talk Greek. Genuinely never saw him make a save at Celtic.

Just such a useless keeper. How he even got 13 caps for the Greek NT is just absurd. Weirdest thing was the Greek press were always bigging him up. They do the same with the other Dracula keeper*, Kapino. (*a keeper who has issues with crosses). I was amazed when you signed him.

CitaçãoSo far I love Giakoumakis. He puts in a power load of work. If he was a big more clinical he wouldn't be at Celtic and likely in a top 5 league but his scoring rate is still decent. He has a good presence up front. I know what you mean by pressure, he had a poor start at Celtic where he missed a penalty that cost us 3 points then got hurt for a few months. Once he got over that penalty miss and had a run of games though his confidence shot up, boldly telling the media back in January that Celtic had the title in the bag.

He has something. If he continues to be brave I think he can achieve some great things with Celtic. Like most Greek players - it is the phycological confidence aspect that is the key to success.

CitaçãoThe most frustrating player i've ever saw was Georgios Samaras. When he was in the mood he was literally effin Messi but unfortunately he was only in the mood 1 games in 5 and the rest he was either meh or anonymous. He had all the tools as well including great pace. When he hit a purple patch he was a joy to watch but then could go months doing little.

I could not stand him. I remember when he came red hot from Heerenveen. He had the world at his feet. For me his issue was he was just a pussy deep down. He needed a good beating. He needed raw desire. He needed to be raised in some South American shithole and to know the value of making it big. I just remember him now mostly for the shampoo adds. The talent was there, but the hunger wasn't. I remember, even Greek NT players found him wet. Who can forget when he tried to play it tough to young K.Papadopoulos (who is a genuine hard man) and grabbed his neck etc in the 2012 quals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLJQu-fHw8

Celticfan

Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Junho de 2022, 22:33
Citação de: Celticfan em 27 de Junho de 2022, 22:01

Just such a useless keeper. How he even got 13 caps for the Greek NT is just absurd. Weirdest thing was the Greek press were always bigging him up. They do the same with the other Dracula keeper*, Kapino. (*a keeper who has issues with crosses). I was amazed when you signed him.

CitaçãoSo far I love Giakoumakis. He puts in a power load of work. If he was a big more clinical he wouldn't be at Celtic and likely in a top 5 league but his scoring rate is still decent. He has a good presence up front. I know what you mean by pressure, he had a poor start at Celtic where he missed a penalty that cost us 3 points then got hurt for a few months. Once he got over that penalty miss and had a run of games though his confidence shot up, boldly telling the media back in January that Celtic had the title in the bag.

He has something. If he continues to be brave I think he can achieve some great things with Celtic. Like most Greeks players - it is the phycological confidence aspect that is the key to success.

CitaçãoThe most frustrating player i've ever saw was Georgios Samaras. When he was in the mood he was literally effin Messi but unfortunately he was only in the mood 1 games in 5 and the rest he was either meh or anonymous. He had all the tools as well including great pace. When he hit a purple patch he was a joy to watch but then could go months doing little.

I could not stand him. I remember when he came red hot from Heerenveen. He had the world at his feet. For me his issue was he was just a pussy deep down. He needed a good beating. He needed raw desire. He needed to be raised in some South American shithole and to know the value of making it big. I just remember him now mostly for the shampoo adds. The talent was there, but the hunger wasn't. I remember, even Greek NT players found him wet. Who can forget when he tried to play it tough to young K.Papadopoulos (who is a genuine hard man) and grabbed his neck etc in the 2012 quals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLJQu-fHw8

I genuinely think our old manager signed Barkas off of the back of a good game against Celtic without doing any further scouting. He has a genuine case to be one of Celtics worst ever signings between the fee paid and wages stole.

Yeah we use the term 'shitebag' in Scotland and most would argue that was Samaras. When he hit a purple pitch everyone would get excited and think he had figured it out but he was an absolute enigma of a player.

This was probably his best moment at Celtic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz-EZ40_sw&t=206s

but a couple of weeks later he missed a penalty against Rangers that cost us the league.

I think he scored against Benfica once but I think we lost so it doesn't matter.

Faliro

Any thoughts on the Lizard Jovane Cabral?

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Julho de 2022, 13:50
Any thoughts on the Lizard Jovane Cabral?
Very irregular player.  Able to solve a game with a good move, but can completely miss the game for the rest of the time.

Covenant

Arceus_17

0-4 against an israelian team?  :huh:
That has to be one of your most embarassing results ever.

Covenant

Faliro, no comments just likes?

Red Eyes

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 28 de Julho de 2022, 17:24
Faliro, no comments just likes?

In Nice surrounded by my lovely wife and lovely hot women everywhere. Priorities..

OK, finally back at apartment.

Firstly, on the Olympiacos international podcast I and others were very pessimistic about this game, I thought we would lose before the first ball was kicked in Israel, but not by that much.. not such a thrashing.. I come in around 40 mins in the wife beater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x3DmkwBQVc&ab_channel=Gate7International

So many of us knew we would lose but tried to stay positive. Why did we know we would lose? No creation since last season. Fortounis out the team but reluctant to sign for anyone else - probably gambling Martins will be fired. Our new signings have done little to nothing. We still have no number 10.

Either Olympiacos wanted Fortounis out or Martins did. Either way, bad decision. Cost us the CL.

As for Martins himself, massive fan of his. Lovely guy too. However, seems even Gavros has now turned on him so I expect him to be gone very soon.

https://www.gavros.gr/article/monimes-sthles/dionysis-verveles/344048-eyxaristoyme-gia-ola-alla-kooyts-pleon-eisai-ektos-topoy-kai-xronoy

Faliro

We are looking at Carlos Corberán.

Faliro

zefo

Whats a club, looks like Bruno de Carvalho scp

Faliro

No time to lose. Slovan coming up this week.