Futebol Feminino Internacional / Selecções 2019/2020

anarcos

O Instagram do Real Madrid feminino tem pouco mais de 3 dias e já ultrapassou os 128 mil seguidores.

https://www.instagram.com/realmadridfem/

JMiguel23

Gradinni

Citação de: JMiguel23 em 05 de Julho de 2020, 13:51
Citação de: anarcos em 05 de Julho de 2020, 04:14
Mónica Mendes despede-se do Milan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCMX_r1B1BW/
Para onde será que irá jogar?
(É DC mas tambem joga a DE)
Na seleção joga sempre a DE. Mas é cepa, em condiçoes normais nao a queria ca. Mas atendendo ao que sao as nossas DE hoje e estando ela livre, era um mal menor...

seqmad

Poderá ser ela? Com este timing...
A julgar por esse instagram parece ter deixado boa imagem por lá

anarcos

Francia, Inglaterra, Alemania e Italia ya tiene fecha de inicio

Las grandes ligas europeas ya tienen fecha para su inicio para septiembre. La única que aún no ha desvelado cuándo empezará es la Primera Iberdrola, que continúa a la espera de la decisión

El calendario del fútbol femenino europeo empieza a esclarecerse. Tras la suspensión de todas la mayoría de las ligas por la crisis del coronavirus salvo la Bundesliga, tanto Francia como Inglatera, Alemania e Italia ya han dado fechas para el regreso de la competición. No se sabe si será a puerta cerrada, pero lo que está claro es que empezarán a finales de agosto y principios de septiembre. Así, los equipos ya pueden empezar a trabajar en sus pretemporadas. La única gran liga que no ha dado su fecha de inicio es la Primera Iberdrola.

La FA WSL de Inglaterra tendrá su pistoletazo de salida, en principio, el fin de semana del 5 de septiembre. Una vez finalizada la fase final de la Champions que se disputará en España y donde hay un representante inglés, el Arsenal. Misma fecha de inicio tiene la Ligue 1 de Francia, con dos representantes en la competición continental, Olympique de Lyon y PSG. De hecho, el conjunto liones ya está trabajando en una pretemporada desde hace unos días para preparar a conciencia el envite europeo. Por su parte, la Bundesliga que acabó hace sólo una semana ya tiene decidido su regreso para el 4 de septiembre, que cae en jueves. Bayern y Wolfsburgo, que ahora han cogido vacaciones, también tiene Champions a finales de agosto. Italia es la que antes empieza, ya que tiene programado su regreso para el 22 de agosto. Al no tener ningún equipo en competición europea, han decidio empezar antes para que las jugadoras lleguen más rodadas a los partidos de clasificación de la Selección en septiembre.

La liga más larga, sin fecha de inicio

Curioso que España aún no tenía fecha para volver a competir tras la suspensión de la Primera Iberdrola. Sólo Barcelona y Atlético tienen claro que hay que llegar en forma para el próximo 21 de agosto, cuando se enfrenten en los cuartos de la Champions. El resto, siguen a la espera de una decisión para empezar a programar su pretemporada tras parar en marzo la liga y con muchos meses sin entrenarse. Algunos equipos, como el Athletic o el Levante, decidieron volver a trabajar una vez se puso punto y final al estado de alarma para no llegar a la próxima pretemporada con tanto tiempo si entrenarse.

De hecho, la española es la competición más larga con diferencia de las grandes ligas europeas. Francia, Inglaterra, Alemania e Italia cuentan con doce equipos en la máxima categoría y, las que se suspendieron, consumaron los descensos y dieron los títulos. En España no hubo descenso, aunque sí título, y se consumaron también los ascensos, con lo que la temporada 2020-21 contará con 18 equipos en la máxima categoría.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/06/femenino/1594055122_257965.html

anarcos

New report highlights social and economic legacy left by FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

- France 2019 made EUR 284 million contribution to French GDP
  - 6.4 tonnes of food waste collected and donated to local community-based associations
  - First-ever collaboration between a sport event and the French 'Service Civique' to offer young professionals work experience
  - Enhanced audio-descriptive commentary systems and waste management facilities left at stadiums in Host Cities
  - Guide on non-discriminatory language in football also developed

A new report, published today by the French Football Association (FFF) and the Local Organising Committee for the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019, has highlighted the positive social, economic and environmental benefits left by France 2019.

Published one year since the USA beat the Netherlands to win a historic fourth FIFA Women's World Cup title, the new report highlights the positive socio-economic and environmental legacy of the tournament, which attracted 1.2 million French and overseas spectators and a global TV audience of over 1 billion fans.

The study, which was conducted and consolidated over recent months, reveals that the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 made a direct, indirect and induced contribution of EUR 284 million to France's GDP, with a net capital gain of EUR 108 million to French GDP generated by the competition.

The report also states that the average contribution to GDP per spectator was EUR 142 and for every one euro spent, the nine Host Cities and regions of the competition have benefited from a return on investment between two to 20 euros of contribution to the French GDP.

Gianni Infantino, FIFA President, said: "The FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019 was an unprecedented success, breaking numerous records on and off the pitch. In line with FIFA's commitment to organise tournaments in a sustainable way, this report further highlights the lasting impact and legacy of France 2019, not only for women's football, but also for the local economy and the society.

"As FIFA now begins a new journey towards the next FIFA Women's World Cup in 2023, we would like to warmly thank France, the FFF and the Local Organising Committee for their commitment to delivering a sustainable legacy for France 2019 and look forward to working together with Australia and New Zealand to break new records in 2023 and further boost women's football in the region and around the world."

Noël Le Graët, President of the FFF and the Local Organising Committee, added: "The first satisfaction is to have proved that a women's football competition can win popular support and help to change the perception of women's football.

"In 2014, when the FFF decided to take over the organisation, I remember the scepticism surrounding the organisation, particularly with regard to the economic dimension. Today, the economic results are positive. They prove that the efforts of FIFA, the LOC, the FFF, the leagues, and the host regions and cities have paid off.

"It is also a source of pride that football, with the organisation of a major women's sporting event, brings significant direct and indirect economic benefits to the territories and the community. The environmental effort should also be highlighted. In this sector, the FFF's involvement, with the implementation of its eco-responsible policy, must continue."

Those positive economic results are further proof of the successful collaboration between FIFA and the Local Organising Committee in making the tournament more sustainable. Amongst others, those efforts also included an accessibility programme for disabled people and people with limited mobility, including infrastructure requirements, customised services, accessible seating categories and training of the workforce, as well as an audio-descriptive commentary of matches for blind and partially sighted fans.

Further achievements were the publication of a non-discriminatory language guide for the media on women's football and a six-month professional development programme for young people carried out in collaboration with the 'Service Civique'.

Other key findings in the report include:

- 6.4 tonnes of food waste collected and donated to local community-based associations
  - 1 tonne of bottle caps collected and donated for recycling
  - 4 stadiums equipped with a new two-flow bin system for waste and recyclables
  - 21 matches offered audio-descriptive commentary for the blind and partially-sighted
  - 3 stadiums were newly equipped with an audio-descriptive commentary system that will remain after the tournament (including AV equipment)
  - 210,200 cigarette butts collected and recycled

To read the full report (available in French only), please click HERE.

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/news/new-report-highlights-social-and-economic-legacy-left-by-fifa-women-s-world-cup-

anarcos

Bareman: Women's football can come back bigger, stronger and even more popular

- France 2019 was a game-changer for women's football
  - Sarai Bareman reflects on the tournament and challenges since
  - Discusses COVID-19 relief plan and 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

This time last year, Sarai Bareman was excitedly preparing for the Final of the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019™.

Even then, on the eve of the showpiece match, FIFA's Chief Women's Football Officer knew that the tournament had smashed records, laying the foundation for a bright and exciting new era in the women's game.

No-one at that stage, of course, reckoned on COVID-19 and its unprecedented impact on football and the wider world. But Bareman, while certainly not downplaying the challenges the pandemic poses, struck an optimistic note as she looked to the future for women's football.

Before focusing on FIFA's relief plan and the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, however, she began by reflecting on a golden French summer and a tournament never to be forgotten.

FIFA.com: From a technical, tactical and physical point of view, France 2019 was the best FIFA Women's World Cup ever. Why was it the best for you?

Sarai Bareman: Well for me it was the best because it represented the culmination of so many hours, days, weeks and months of hard work. For everybody involved, so much effort had gone into making this World Cup the success that it was. What we achieved in France was definitely one of the proudest moments of my career.

It was such a success in terms of the spectators and broadcast views. That made it all the sweeter. In the women's football world, the FIFA Women's World Cup is like a beacon; the very top of the pyramid. It is the biggest event we have every four years to showcase our sport and our athletes. It did it in the best possible way, and really opened the eyes of the world to what women's football is all about.

A total of 1.12 billion viewers watched France 2019 - a record. Did you expect such success?

We targeted one billion as our objective for broadcast viewership and were able to exceed that, which was obviously amazing. I think it is what separated France from many of the previous editions of the tournament. More than one billion people from all around the world having access to our sport, tuning in to watch it. This was a game-changing moment for women's football.

How will women's football develop in the future with the help of FIFA?

I think FIFA's prioritisation towards women's football is bigger than ever, particularly off the back of France. We are planning to invest USD $1 billion over the next four years. We have tailor-made dedicated development programs for the 211 member associations. We have a very specific women's football strategy that we are implementing and there is targeted research we are carrying out currently, to accelerate the professionalisation of women's football.

We are working with partner agencies and organisations outside of the football family to support us and amplify the positive social impacts of our sport. Not only with those that are on the pitch - the players and coaches - but also for women in football. We are putting a lot of effort into education and increasing capacity and seeking to increase the number of women in football administration, and into decision-making bodies. I am very happy to have that level of momentum, which is being met with enthusiasm by our stakeholders too.

What was your personal 'magic moment' of France 2019?

That one is very easy for me. It was the opening match in Paris. I can remember it very clearly. Sitting in the stands with my colleagues; watching the opening ceremony; seeing the jets fly over; hearing the roar of the crowd when the two teams marched on to the field; seeing the flags and banners of France and Korea Republic waving throughout the stadium; every seat full.

I was crying. So much had built up to that moment. Then to see it come to fruition in such a big way, in a sold-out stadium, in such a beautiful setting, was incredibly emotional. It was a very powerful moment for me.

Who surprised or impressed you the most?

You are probably looking for an answer that is related to what happened on the field but I'm going to give you a different answer. The biggest surprise for me were the fans. I obviously expected a lot of fans to come. But what surprised me was just how incredible the fans were. Their level of engagement; how they showed up for the teams, as well as how diverse the crowds were at every match we went to.

It was beautiful to see so many families. Generations of families: grandparents, parents, children. I was blown away by the passion. I felt the fans knew they were part of something bigger than just this World Cup. They were part of a movement; something so much more than just what was happening on the field in front of them. You could really feel that energy.

You said the number of women in football should be increased. Gender equality is an important issue, and not only in football. How should the status quo be improved?

Firstly, what I loved about France is that it provided this incredible platform for those conversations to take place. That is the power of football - the power of women's football. It provides a place where people can come together and actually have these open discussions. The athletes can also use that platform to voice their opinions.

From a very simplistic point of view – both personal, but also from the view of FIFA – everybody should be treated equally. That's how simple it is for me. Our job in FIFA with respect to women's football is to get it to the same level. We need it to be mainstream, so there is no longer a discussion about men's and women's football in the future. We will just simply talk about football. Until we see everyone who is responsible for delivering football, treating the men's and women's game in an equal way, we will continue to work towards that.

When you think about the legacy of 2019, women's football was heading in the right direction. Now many fear its development has suffered a setback because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Are they right and how can this be counteracted?

I think the entire world of football has been impacted and we have to be very clear about that. Society as a whole, but football too. This is something that became very clear to us very early on, as we started to speak with our stakeholders - clubs, confederations, member associations, the leagues and players - to really try to gauge the feeling on the ground. How were people being impacted physically, as well as financially? That gave us a really good overview and ultimately resulted in the relief plan that FIFA has rolled out for the football family.

I am particularly proud of the way FIFA reacted in respect to women's football. From the beginning, there has been a very clear message from the top, starting with the President: women's football is important and must remain a priority. It has been an integral part in the process of creating a relief plan. The level of investment that we make as an organisation is increasing now because of what has happened. Dedicated money will be made available to all the member associations, specifically for the women's game, and over and above what they were already receiving.

I know there is a lot of fear and to be honest I shared those fears at the very beginning. I think, though, we have to approach things in a positive way. It has always been my experience – particularly in the world of football – that moments of adversity lead to the biggest opportunities. Women's football needs to catch a light on this and I think we can come back bigger, stronger and even more popular.

Australia and New Zealand will host the FIFA Women's World Cup 2023™. What does this mean for women's football in those countries and the Asia-Pacific region?

It is hugely important. It is the first time a Women's World Cup has been hosted in that region. It is the first time that two confederations will jointly host a Women's World Cup. It will have a massive impact.

We have already seen off the back of France 2019 the increase in participation in the women's game - especially in Europe. I saw figures for example in England. More than 800,000 women and young girls are joining grassroots programs after France. I know this will be the same in Asia and the Pacific. It excites me that it will result in many more opportunities for young girls in that region.

I was very fortunate to grow up in New Zealand where I had access to a club and infrastructure. I was able to play and I was very well supported. I think this Women's World Cup will act as a catalyst and is going to open up so many eyes to how big women's football is, and what a huge opportunity exists for the women's game.

Twelve teams participated at the first Women's World Cup in 1991; in 2019, it was 24. In 2023, it will be 32. It is safe to say that a lot has changed in the last 28 years. In your opinion, what should be the next step to lift the Women's World Cup to the next level and to further increase the tournament's value?

From a commercial perspective, there is a lot that we can do around activating the partnerships we have. Getting more people involved and ensuring that every fan that comes to a stadium to watch games or tuning in from home to watch on television has an enhanced experience - that's something that we'll put a lot of effort into over the next three years, particularly around technology and digital innovation. We've been able to gather a variety of data, tracking players and what's happening on the field with the physical aspects of the game. With that alone, if we make the best use of it, we can hugely enhance the fan experience.

From a technical women's football perspective, it is also about enhancing the experience for the players. We've got the best players in the world. It's the biggest opportunity we have to showcase their skills and what they are capable of. It's important that we continue to work to improve the conditions for those players so that they can continue to perform at their best and put on an incredible show for all those fans coming to watch them in 2023.

https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news/bareman-women-s-football-can-come-back-bigger-stronger-and-even-more-popular

anarcos

Borussia Dortmund y Oporto aún siguen sin sección femenina

Tras la llegada del Real Madrid y del Schalke 04, quedan muy pocos grandes de Europa sin fútbol femenino. El Borussia y el Oporto son la excepción, Getafe, Valladolid y Celta en España

El fútbol femenino sigue creciendo y cada vez más equipos punteros se animan a apostar por tener una sección femenina. Este año se ha oficializado la llegada del Real Madrid tras un año de transición como CD Tacon, pero también se ha unido el Eintranch de Frankfurt al absorver el mítico Frankfut (tres veces campeón de Champions) con un gran acuerdo y el Schalke 04. Pocos son los equipos habituales en competición europea que no tienen su equipo femenino. Las excepciones en el continente son el Borussia Dortmund y el Oporto.

El caso del Borussia llama la atención porque hasta su afición lo pide a gritos. Así lo hizo saber con una pancarta en uno de los partidos del equipo en su estadio, exigiendo que el club apostara por el femenino. En la Bundesliga, el Wolfsburgo manda, pero junto a él el Bayern Munich. Hoffenheim, Bayer Leverkusen o Werder Bremen ya tienen su equipo en la máxima categoría.

La afición del Borussia Dortmund pide un equipo femenino.

En Francia, el Olympique de Lyon es el gran dominador con un PSG que intenta apostar, pero no termina de llegar. En la Ligue 1 nos encontramos con Montpellier, Marsella, Metz o Stade Reims. Le Havre, Nice o Lille también cuenta con equipo en la segunda división. En Italia, la Juvetus manda a pesar de que acaba de llegar al fútbol femenino. Pero junto a la Vecchia Signora están Inter, Roma, Milan, Fiorentina o el recién ascendido Napoles. Similar situación están en Inglaterra, donde sí que hay mucha más competencia y no un equipo que domina claramente el campeonato. Chelsea, Manchester City y Arsenal lucharon por el título. El Manchester United, que ascendió el pasado curso, quedó cuarto, mientras que otro mítico que sabe lo que es ganar título, el Liverpoool, descendió esta temporada. Everton o Tottenham también tienen su equipo.

Otro caso sin equipo femenino está en Portugal. El Oporto aún no se ha arrancado a hacer su sección femenina, sin embargo, Benfica, Sporting o Braga sí que tienen equipo. Anderlech, Standard Liege, Gent, Bruges, Rangers, Celtic, Ajax, PSV, Slavia Praga o Lokomotiv también tiene su equipo femenino.

En sudamérica, también se está apostando por el femenino. Boca y River en Argentina tiene su equipo femenino, como Palmeiras, Sao Paulo, Flamengo o Corinhians en Brasil. América de Cali, Millonarios, Peñarol, Tigres o Monterrey ya han apostado por su sección femenina.

En España, siete equipos entre Primera y Segunda no tienen

En España cada vez son menos. Entre Primera y Segunda sólo siete equipos no cuentan con fútbol femenino: Celta, Getafe, Valladolid (Primera), Zaragoza, Mirandés, Numancia y Las Palmas. El Valladolid, sin embargo, está cerca de tenerlo. Ya Ronaldo ha dicho que quiere crear la sección, así como en Zaragoza el equipo femenino del Zaragoza CFF no está vinculado al Real Zaragoza, pero es un clásico del femenino con muchas temporadas en la máxima categoría.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/04/femenino/1593889340_340645.html

anarcos

Ranking the eight USWNT Women's World Cup teams

The victory in 2019 marked the fourth time in eight tries that the United States won the Women's World Cup.

One year ago, the United States women's national soccer team took down the Netherlands 2-0 to win its fourth World Cup in eight tries in front of 57,900 fans in Lyon, France. Megan Rapinoe opened the scoring with a penalty in the 61st minute, and chaos agent Rose Lavelle put the match away eight minutes later. With women's soccer continuing to improve its depth and competition levels, the U.S. solidified its place as the standard bearer.

Through eight World Cups, the USWNT has never finished worse than third. That's an incredible feat. Fans have watched the torch get passed many times over, from the Michelle Akerses of the world, to the Mia Hamms and Julie Foudys, to the Abby Wambachs and Hope Solos, to the Rapinoes and Alex Morgans, to the Julie Ertzes and Lavelles.

To both commemorate these eight teams and perhaps get the debate juices flowing a bit, let's go back and rank each team based on both its era and its World Cup dominance.

8. 1995

Injuries to Michelle Akers, left, proved pivotal when the U.S. could not repeat as Women's World Cup champs in 1995.

Manager: Tony DiCicco

Leading scorers: Tisha Venturini (3), Kristine Lilly (3), Tiffeny Milbrett (3)

Most minutes: Joy Fawcett, Carla Overbeck, Venturini, Lilly, Mia Hamm

World Cup results: Drew with China (3-3), beat Denmark (2-0), beat Australia (4-1), beat Japan in quarterfinals (4-0), lost to Norway in semifinals (0-1), beat China for third place (2-0)

After a wild opening match against China, the U.S. defended as well or better than it had while winning the inaugural World Cup in 1991. The problems in Sweden, such as they were, came in attack. That was at least partially due to a pair of injuries for star Michelle Akers. She suffered a concussion early in the tournament, then dealt with a knee injury in the loss to Norway. With Akers hobbling and future stars still a bit inexperienced -- Venturini was 22; Lilly, Hamm and goalkeeper Briana Scurry 23; midfielder Julie Foudy 24 -- the U.S. couldn't overcome a 10th-minute set-piece goal from Anka Aarønes, and Norway advanced. (The U.S. would get its revenge with a 2-1 semifinal win in the Olympics the next year.)

The 1991 runner-up, Norway outscored opponents 23-1 in this tournament and was one of probably two teams that had a legitimate shot of beating the USWNT. Germany was the other; the first breakthrough German squad beat Brazil 6-1 and knocked off China before falling to Norway 2-0 in the final.

7. 2011

The U.S. reached the final before falling to Japan on penalty kicks, but it was Abby Wambach's stoppage-time goal against Brazil in the quarterfinals that stood out in 2011.

Manager: Pia Sundhage

Leading scorers: Abby Wambach (4), Lauren Holiday (2), Alex Morgan (2)

Most minutes: Wambach, Ali Krieger, Christie Pearce, Hope Solo, Carli Lloyd

World Cup results: Beat North Korea (2-0), beat Colombia (3-0), lost to Sweden (2-1), beat Brazil in quarterfinals (2-2, shootout), beat France in semifinals (3-1), lost to Japan in final (2-2, shootout)

Most of our sports memories don't come from long-term, tournament-long impressions -- they come from moments. The 2011 team had one of the most amazing moments in the squad's history: Wambach's stoppage-time header (set up by maybe the most gorgeous pass of Rapinoe's career) against Brazil in the World Cup quarterfinals. It set up a penalty shootout that the U.S. would win, 5-3.

For the rest of the tournament, however, this squad struggled to dominate. The U.S. gave up two goals in three different matches and lost to Sweden in group play; that loss should have doomed the Americans, as it pitted them against Brazil, probably the tournament's best team, in the final eight. But the upset win, combined with Japan's upset of host Germany, opened the draw up considerably, and the U.S. nearly took advantage. But this was the third straight World Cup the U.S. couldn't win, and an aging squad -- among the seven players with the most minutes, only Krieger was under 28 -- seemed to have quite a few questions to answer heading toward 2015.

6. 2007

Coach Greg Ryan made a curious move in the 2007 Women's World Cup, benching star goalkeeper Hope Solo.

Manager: Greg Ryan

Leading scorers: Wambach (6), Lori Chalupny (2), Heather O'Reilly (2)

Most minutes: Chalupny, Cat Whitehill, Wambach, Lilly, Stephanie Cox

World Cup results: Drew with North Korea (2-2), beat Sweden (2-0), beat Nigeria (1-0), beat England in the quarterfinals (3-0), lost to Brazil in the semifinals (4-0), beat Norway for third place (4-1)

Maybe the USWNT's most noteworthy loss ever -- certainly the most lopsided -- came in Hangzhou, China, in 2007. Having rolled through the field by an 8-2 margin, the U.S. had proved its bona fides, but Greg Ryan suddenly suffered an acute case of overthinking, replacing keeper Hope Solo with the veteran Scurry, then 35, in the semifinals. It ended up damaging both his, and indirectly Scurry's, legacies. Leslie Osborne knocked in an own goal in the 20th minute, Marta scored twice and Brazil rolled. Granted, Brazil and Germany were likely superior to the U.S. even with Solo, but Ryan was replaced by Sundhage the next year all the same.

With Scurry still in goal (Solo's reaction to the benching ... wasn't great) and Wambach scoring twice in the first half, an angry USWNT romped through Norway to take third. But after an aging squad had fallen short in 2003, a refreshed 2007 roster -- Wambach was 27 and at her peak, and Solo, Lloyd, Whitehill and Chalupny were all between 23 and 25 -- had done the same.

5. 2003

In Mia Hamm's final Women's World Cup in 2003, eventual champion Germany shut out the USWNT 3-0 in the semifinals.

Manager: April Heinrichs

Leading scorers: Wambach (3), Lilly (2), Whitehill (2), Hamm (2), Shannon Boxx (2), Cindy Parlow Cone (2)

Most minutes: Fawcett, Scurry, Kate Markgraf, Lilly, Whitehill

World Cup results: Beat Sweden (3-1), beat Nigeria (5-0), beat North Korea (3-0), beat Norway in quarterfinals (1-0), lost to Germany in semifinals (3-0), beat Canada for third place (3-1)

Encores: Great for concerts, not as great for champs. The 2003 USWNT was led by 1999's heroes -- Hamm (31), Foudy (32), Lilly (31), Scurry (31), Fawcett (35) -- and that certainly made sense. These were the players who had truly brought women's soccer into the American consciousness. And while they were past their prime, they were still better than just about anyone.

They weren't better than Germany, though. Die Nationalelf had led the U.S. twice in the 1999 quarterfinals before succumbing, and they found their devastating stride four years later. They outscored opponents 13-2 in group play and had just destroyed Russia 7-1 before meeting the U.S. in Portland. (The World Cup was again held in the U.S. because of a SARS outbreak in China.) They held on to a 1-0 lead into stoppage time before putting the match away with late counters. They beat Sweden in the final via a golden goal, then fielded maybe the best non-U.S. team in World Cup history four years later.

4. 1991

Julie Foudy, left; Michelle Akers, center; and Carin Jennings celebrated as the U.S. women's national team won the first Women's World Cup in 1991.

Manager: Anson Dorrance

Leading scorers: Akers (10), Carin Jennings-Gabarra (6), April Heinrichs (4), Hamm (2)

Most minutes: Foudy, Mary Harvey, Overbeck, Linda Hamilton, Hamm

World Cup results: Beat Sweden (3-2), beat Brazil (5-0), beat Japan (3-0), beat Chinese Taipei in quarterfinals (7-0), beat Germany in semifinals (5-2), beat Norway in final (2-1)

The inaugural World Cup, originally called the FIFA World Championship, took place in China, just as a trial-run tournament called the FIFA Women's Invitation Tournament had three years earlier. In the WIT, an extremely young U.S. team lost to Norway in the quarterfinals. Three years later, that team of mostly 23-and-unders -- Foudy, Overbeck, Hamm, Fawcett, Lilly, a 25-year-old Akers -- ran rampant.

Obviously the overall competition level wasn't what it is today, but there were also only 12 teams in the field, as evidenced by a group that included future heavyweights Sweden, Brazil and Japan. So the U.S. team's dominance -- a plus-20 goal differential, and a 4.2-goal average that remains the highest ever (2003 Germany matched it) -- still resonates. Only Sweden (which fell behind 3-0 before scoring twice late) and Norway were able to stay within a goal. Akers' 78th-minute goal in the final, in front of 63,000 in Ghaungzhou, gave the U.S. the title. The USWNT had officially formed only five years earlier, and the U.S. was already the sport's dominant force.

3. 1999

The world watched in record numbers as Brandi Chastain celebrated her winning penalty kick to give the U.S. the 1999 Women's World Cup.

Manager: Tony DiCicco

Leading scorers: Milbrett (3), Hamm (2), Lilly (2), Parlow Cone (2), Venturini (2)

Most minutes: Lilly, Fawcett, Overbeck, Scurry, Brandi Chastain

World Cup results: Beat Denmark (3-0), beat Nigeria (7-1), beat North Korea (3-0), beat Germany in quarterfinals (3-2), beat Brazil in semifinals (2-0), beat China in final (0-0, shootout)

It's strange thinking of a team that had so dominated the 1990s -- World Cup champs in 1991, Olympic gold in 1996 -- finally making its true breakthrough at the end of the decade, but that's how the story basically plays out. ESPN has produced documentaries and podcasts about the so-called '99ers, and with good reason: They mostly rolled through the tournament while also serving as women's soccer ambassadors. They put on a show, reaching the final with only one truly stiff test (Germany led 2-1 at halftime in the quarterfinals), and the crowds were stunning: 78,972 at Giants Stadium for the Denmark match; 65,080 at Soldier Field in Chicago for Nigeria; 50,484 in Foxborough, Massachusetts, for North Korea; 54,642 in Landover, Maryland, for Germany; 73,123 at Stanford Stadium for Brazil; and of course 90,185 for the final at the Rose Bowl.

After all that came a storybook ending, too. After 120 tight, scoreless minutes against the tournament's best non-U.S. team, Scurry stopped Liu Ying's penalty in the shootout, and Chastain put away the clincher. It was the stuff statues are made of.

2. 2015

Carli Lloyd had a hat trick by halftime as the U.S. routed Japan in the final of the 2015 Women's World Cup.

Manager: Jill Ellis

Leading scorers: Lloyd (6), Rapinoe (2)

Most minutes: Julie Ertz, Lloyd, Meghan Klingenberg, Becky Sauerbrunn, Solo

World Cup results: Beat Australia (3-1), drew with Sweden (0-0), beat Nigeria (1-0), beat Colombia in round of 16 (2-0), beat China in quarterfinals (1-0), beat Germany in semifinals (2-0), beat Japan in final (5-2)

Sixteen years had passed between World Cup titles, but by the mid-2010s the U.S. had established a jarringly dominant and athletic player pool, and manager Jill Ellis was more than happy to sit back and let that athleticism shine. Her conservative, often counter-attacking tactics made you often feel like, with the talent at hand, the USWNT wasn't dominating as much as it could have, but the defense, led by Solo and a back line of Sauerbrunn, Ertz, Klingenberg and Krieger, was impeccable (they allowed just three goals each in 2015 and 2019), and in both World Cups under Ellis, they peaked late in the tournament.

After scoring just four goals in the group stage and waiting until the second half to make their moves in the first three rounds of the knockout stage -- they broke scoreless ties in the 53rd minute against Colombia, the 51st against China and the 69th against Germany -- they finally put pedal to the metal in the final, and Japan wasn't ready. They went up 4-0 after 16 minutes, with Lloyd recording a hat trick, and cruised 5-2.

1. 2019

Megan Rapinoe made plenty of noise on and off the pitch in 2019, helping to deliver the fourth Women's World Cup to the U.S.

Manager: Jill Ellis

Leading scorers: Rapinoe (6), Morgan (6), Lavelle (3), Lloyd (3), Sam Mewis (2), Lindsey Horan (2)

Most minutes: Alyssa Naeher, Abby Dahlkemper, Crystal Dunn, Sauerbrunn, Tobin Heath, Kelley O'Hara

World Cup results: Beat Thailand (13-0), beat Chile (3-0), beat Sweden (2-0), beat Spain in the round of 16 (2-1), beat France in the quarterfinals (2-1), beat England in the semifinals (2-1), beat Netherlands in the final (2-0)

Ellis still played things conservatively in France last summer, but the sheer amount of firepower on the field -- Lavelle, Horan and Mewis made the midfield incredibly dangerous, and Dunn, one of the best attacking midfielders in the NWSL, cracked the lineup at fullback -- combined with a run of early leads (the U.S. scored in the first 15 minutes of every match until the final) made the Americans' counter-attacking ability even more dramatic.

Two different generations of players converged to create the deepest U.S. squad yet. Rapinoe (33) was maybe the best player in the tournament. Morgan (29) and Tobin Heath (31) complemented her up front. Sauerbrunn (34), O'Hara (30) and Naeher (31) were defensive stalwarts. And Christen Press (30) and Lloyd (36) served as super subs. Meanwhile, a peaking generation -- Ertz (27, now in defensive midfield), Dunn (26), defender Abby Dahlkemper (26), Horan (25), Mewis (26) and Lavelle (24) -- all wrecked shop, as well.

While conservatism could have been costly against fantastic France and England teams, the U.S. held on in each match before controlling the final. Considering the competition level, this was the most complete and dominant World Cup team ever. Only the 2003 and 2007 German teams and maybe the 2015 USWNT can argue against that. The 2019 team set a ridiculously high bar for the 2023 team to clear.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-womens-world-cup/story/4129302/ranking-the-eight-uswnt-womens-world-cup-teams

anarcos

La portera internacional Lindahl ficha por el Atlético por dos años

Hedvig Lindahl ya es jugadora del Atlético. La portera internacional sueca firmó por dos temporadas con el Atlético que cierra así la portería tras la llegada de Peyraud-Magnin

Hedvig Lindahl es nueva jugadora del Atlético. La portera internacional sueca llega procedente del VfL Wolfsburgo, con el que terminó contrato tras una temporada en la que logró el doblete. A sus 37 años cuajó un gran Mundial siendo una de las jugadoras destacadas de la Suecia que se colgó el bronce y firmará por el conjunto rojiblanco por dos temporadas.

Hedvig Lindahl (Suecia, 29 de abril de 1983) comenzó su carrera en su país, pasado por Malmö FF, Linköpings FC, Kopparbergs, Göteborg FC y Kristianstads DFF. Decidió salir a vivir aventuras y en 2014 fichó por el Chelsea, donde jugó cinco temporadas logrando dos ligas. El pasado curso le llegó la oportunidad de probar en la Bundesliga de la mano del Wolfsburgo, con el que levantó el doblete. Sin embargo, y a pesar de su deseo de continuar en Alemania, el club se decidió por una portera más joven. El deseo de Lindahl era seguir jugando a alto nivel y conocer un nuevo país, oportunidad que le llega de la mano del Atlético.

Lindahl ha sido nombrada portera del año en Suecia en ocho ocasiones y la mejor jugadora de fútbol de su país en dos ocasiones, siendo la portera que más partidos ha jugado con la selección sueca desde su debut en 2002. Ha defendido la portería de su selección nacional en Eurocopas, Mundiales y Juegos Olímpicos, teniendo una medalla de plata y dos de bronce de Copas del Mundo, dos medallas de bronce de Eurocopas y una plata olímpica. En la temporada 2018/2019 estuvo entre las cinco porteras nominadas al FIFA FIFPRO's Women World.

La meta habló en los medios del club: "Estoy muy emocionada de llegar al Atlético de Madrid. El club me ha hecho sentirme muy valorada y espero poco a poco conocer más el club y aportar mi granito de arena". Además, Lindahl apuntó: "Me gustaría ayudar al club a seguir creciendo y darlo todo para que los aficionados estén contentos conmigo y el equipo".

Con la incorporación de la internacional sueca, el Atlético se hace con una portera con una amplia experiencia a nivel internacional y que conoce a la perfección todas las competiciones que disputaremos en la presente temporada. Tercer fichaje de las rojiblancas tras la llegada de la portera francesa Peyraud-Magnin y la defensa holandesa Merel Van Dongen.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/07/femenino/1594116878_491686.html

anarcos

Physical analysis of France 2019 shows increase in speed and intensity

https://youtu.be/X-qlXiQXQ9g

- FIFA publishes the Physical Analysis of the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019™
  - The demands increased immensely from Canada 2015 to France 2019
  - There was more running and efforts in Zone 5 from the group stage to the knockout rounds in France, with England and the USA leading way among semi-finalists

Thrilling matches, full stadiums and more than a billion television viewers – the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019™ marked a milestone in the development of women's football. It set new standards, not only in the technical, tactical and commercial areas, but also in terms of the physical requirements of the game.

In recognition of the importance of the physical component as a key to in-game success, FIFA has produced the Physical Analysis of the FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019™ in collaboration with scientists Dr Paul Bradley, a Reader in Sports Performance at Liverpool John Moores University and a Consultant for FC Barcelona, and Dawn Scott, High Performance Coach for the U.S. Women's National Team from 2010 to 2019 and now Senior Women's Physical Performance Manager for the English Women's National Team.

The data collected shows that the physical demands of women's football have increased in recent years and that systematic training models and programmes are necessary to improve the physical status of female players worldwide and further increase the level and intensity of the game.

"A really granular overview of the physical demands of elite women's football will allow each nation to benchmark themselves against each other. This will help the coach to design conditioning drills to enable players to be fully prepared in relation to performance, but more so in relation to mitigating the risk of injury," says Paul Bradley on the importance of scientific research of this type for the development of the women's game.

For the analysis, 436 players from 24 countries were recorded at the tournament and their activities were coded in the following speed zones, which had been tailored to the women's game according to the literature: Zone 1 (0-7km/h), Zone 2 (7-13km/h), Zone 3 (13-19km/h), Zone 4 (19-23km/h) and Zone 5 (>23km/h).

"The first surprising outcome was the sheer magnitude of the change in demands from the Women's World Cup 2015 in Canada compared to the 2019 tournament in France – especially given there was very little change in the demands between the 2011 and 2015 competitions," says Bradley.

"When we observed that intense running had increased across various playing positions by approximately 16-32 per cent from Canada 2015 to France 2019, it was a clear confirmation of the game's evolution. The second unique outcome of the research was the realisation that 'context is king' when interpreting the physical demands of women's football. For instance, the same player in two separate matches would have vastly different demands based on the context of the game (e.g. the opposition standard, score, tactics and system employed)."

Did you know?

- Although the average total distance at the 2015 and 2019 tournaments was comparable, during the 2019 tournament, on average, teams completed slightly less lower-speed running (<13km/h) per match and 5 per cent, 15 per cent and 29 per cent more distance in zones 3, 4 and 5 respectively.
  - In 2019, there was an increase in running and efforts in Zone 5 from the group stage to the knockout rounds, which reflects an increase in the pace of the games in the later stages of the competition, contested by the higher-ranked teams, and the increased physical load required in order for players to be successful.
  - Where just the four semi-finalists are concerned, looking at the average distance at >19km/h, England (6,975m) – followed by the USA (6,795m) – covered the highest amount in 2019; England (1,023m; 17 per cent) also had the biggest increase from 2015.
  - All playing positions covered slightly more total distance at France 2019 than at Canada 2015.
  - More actions were performed in zones 3-5 at France 2019 than at Canada 2015. Zone 5 distance was 18.6-47.3 per cent higher in France than in Canada across positions, although this was especially evident for wide midfielders.

Dawn Scott explains: "In comparing the 2015 and 2019 tournament data, it is evident that there was more distance completed at the higher speeds in 2019 and that the range of high-speed distance completed by teams (i.e. the difference between how much such distance the top and bottom teams covered) was reduced. This means that some of the lower-ranked teams completed significantly more higher-intensity activity in 2019 compared to 2015, which could be reflective of higher fitness levels."

The analysis provides an excellent overview of where the top women's teams in the world stand in terms of their physical fitness and the demands of the game. An understanding of the demands of match play is vital to develop systematic game preparation that reflects and is specific to the physical loads players will complete during games. In conjunction with the technical, tactical and psychological preparation of players, specialised physical preparation can make the difference in success at the elite level.

In Scott's words, "An integrated and cohesive medical and physical-performance team is essential for preparing players, as ultimately, the aim is to maximise player availability for the coaches by optimising physical performance, whilst minimising injury risk. A big part of this is the education of the players, especially in terms of the physical demands of their position on the pitch, first and foremost, and what it takes to be physically prepared to perform in that position."

Find some key findings of the report here.

See the full report here.

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/news/physical-analysis-of-france-2019-shows-increase-in-speed-and-intensity

anarcos

La UEFA permitirá inscribir a seis nuevas jugadoras para disputar la 'Final a 8'

Sólo tres de ellas podrían haber jugado en otro equipo cuartofinalista

La UEFA ha dado a conocer este viernes que permitirá una pequeña licencia a los ocho clubes cuartofinalistas de la Champions league 2019/20 que se resolverá en formato de 'Final a 8' en Bilbao y San Sebastián entre el 21 y 30 de agosto. El organismo continental permitirá a los equipos inscribir a seis nuevas jugadoras (ninguno de ellos ha sobrepasado este límite por el momento) pudiendo ser sólo tres las que ya hubieran participado con alguno del resto de equipos implicados. De esta forma, tanto Atlético de Madrid como Barcelona, que se enfrentarán a partido único en cuartos de final, podrían alinear a sus fichajes veraniegos.

Barcelona y Atlético de Madrid se enfrentarán, a partido único, el viernes 21 de agosto (18:00 horas) en el estadio de San Mamés de Bilbao. Las azulgrana aún no han oficializado ningún fichaje para este curso, pero tiene asegurado poder inscribir a una Ana-María Crnogorcevic que llegó en el mercado invernal del curso pasado procedente del Portland Thorns estadounidense, y a Cata Coll que regresa tras su cesión en el Sevilla. Lo mismo le ocurre a la rojiblanca Deyna Castellanos, que llegó a Madrid con la temporada empezada procedente del FSU Seminoles estadounidense. La venezolana estaría acompañada por los fichajes ya realizados este verano como son Pauline Peyraud-Magnin (Arsenal), Merel Van Dongen (Betis), Hedvig Lindhal (Wolfsburgo) y Alia Guagni (Fiorentina). Se resuelve así uno de los entuertos del Atlético, que tenía la portería desierta tras las salidas de Lola Gallardo (Olympique Lyonnais) y Sari Van Veenendaal (Ajax).

El equipo español que consiga la victoria se se mediría en semifinales al Wolfsburgo alemán o el Glasgow City escocés el martes 25 de agosto (20:00 horas) en el estadio Reale Arena de San Sebastián. Mientras las escocesas no han anunciado aún ninguna incorporación -sí salidas importantes-, las alemanas podrás inscribir a nombres importantes como Katarzyna Kiedrzynek (PSG), Kathrin Hendrich (Bayern Münich), Lena Oberdorf (Essen) y Pauline Bremer (Manchester City).

Por la parte baja del cuadro se enfrentarán el PSG francés en el que milita la española Irene Paredes y el Arsenal inglés; y el Olympique Lyonnais francés que podrá inscribir a la española Lola Gallardo y el Bayern Münich alemán. La final que se celebrará el domingo 30 de agosto (20:00 horas) en San Sebastián.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/futbol-femenino/champions-league/2020/07/10/5f0880be268e3e2f0e8b4600.html

anarcos

Infantino plantea un Mundial Femenino cada dos años

El presidente de la FIFA ha hablado en el World Football Summit acerca de los planes que se barajan para hacer crecer al fútbol femenino tras el COVID-19.

El presidente de la FIFA, Gianni Infantino, participó en una de las charlas del World Football Summit Live junto al exjugador y presidente del Valladolid, Ronaldo Nazario, que a su vez es el organizador del prestigioso congreso sobre fútbol. "Una idea que tuvimos es que tal vez deberíamos tener un Mundial Femenino cada dos años en lugar de cada cuatro", declaró Infantino durante la conversación con Ronaldo.

"El fútbol femenino es una prioridad para la FIFA. Es una prioridad en muchas partes del mundo. Hemos creado un grupo de trabajo específico para el fútbol femenino para hacer frente a la situación del COVID-19. Tenemos un fondo de un millón de dólares para ayudar. No debemos usar el coronavirus para dejar a un lado el fútbol femenino, sino usarlo para ayudar al fútbol femenino, que tiene un futuro brillante", expuso el presidente de la FIFA al ser preguntado sobre cómo se va a proteger al fútbol femenino tras la pandemia del COVID-19.

"No hemos renunciado a ninguno de nuestros proyectos y menos aún al que tenemos en el fútbol femenino. En el Mundial de Francia vimos lo importante que fue el torneo para las mujeres. Es el segundo evento deportivo más grande del mundo tras el Mundial masculino", continuó Infantino, que destacó que el proceso de licitación para el Mundial de 2023 fue "muy importante", siendo finalmente elegidos como anfitriones Australia y Nueva Zelanda.

https://as.com/futbol/2020/07/10/femenino/1594396649_528887.html