Hellas futebol

Covenant

Citação de: Calcio em 22 de Abril de 2018, 17:30
Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Abril de 2018, 17:03
Citação de: Covenant em 16 de Abril de 2018, 16:16
Full house next weekend at OAKA?

AEK told their fans today wont be their 'fiesta' and also not to bring flares of firecrackers. Still must be around 65,000 in there today:

Is AEK champions if they win today?
Yap.

Calcio

Happy it wasn't PAOK. Kind of sad because it wasn't Oly.

Faliro

Yes, best team won. Simple.

Oly scored the most goals - had the best attack, however we had the 6th equal (with PAO) best defence.

Festivus

I remember you saying back in 2013/2014 that the league needed AEK to come back in order to become interesting/competitive again. I guess that's what's happening. Let's see what the next few seasons will be like.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 23 de Abril de 2018, 01:50
I remember you saying back in 2013/2014 that the league needed AEK to come back in order to become interesting/competitive again. I guess that's what's happening. Let's see what the next few seasons will be like.

I think they will be good. Tiger (aek owner) said today he expected AEK to win the league in their new stadium but it happened earlier than expected. This tells me unlike the low IQ Greek media, Tiger is completely aware that a decent stadium is key to success in Greece and that has been one of Oly's biggest advantages over the years.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Abril de 2018, 01:55

I think they will be good. Tiger (aek owner) said today he expected AEK to win the league in their new stadium but it happened earlier than expected. This tells me unlike the low IQ Greek media, Tiger is completely aware that a decent stadium is key to success in Greece and that has been one of Oly's biggest advantages over the years.
I see PAO are mid-table pretty much. Guess they're going through a crisis?

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 23 de Abril de 2018, 01:57

On the previous page we were discussing their potential new Thai owner. He may be the new owner very soon. If it happens PAO will be back again running with the big boys.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Abril de 2018, 01:59

On the previous page we were discussing their potential new Thai owner. He may be the new owner very soon. If it happens PAO will be back again running with the big boys.
Sometimes those People don't have good intentions.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 23 de Abril de 2018, 15:01
Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Abril de 2018, 01:59

Sometimes those People don't have good intentions.

I think it would be impossible for him to have worse intentions than most Greek owners. I mean I can't imagine this Thai interrupting an SL game while carrying a semi concealed loaded revolver - while bribing arbitration judges 24/7 and suing everyone in sight.

Godescalco

Congratulations to AEK. Deserved champions.

Hopefully this will spark a new beginning for Greek football. A truly competitive league like it was in the 80's and 90's.

Faliro

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Abril de 2018, 15:12
Absolutely idiotic idea imo. League reduced to 12 teams. Hope it never happens.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/SuperLeague/ayto-tha-einai-to-neo-ellhniko-podosfairo-me-12-omades-h-super-league.5172265.html
12 is to short. 14 is the way I would like to see the portuguese league be like. Same thing for Greece and any other league outside the top 5.

14 teams, 2 get relegated, and #12 plays a two legged play-off with a third team from the second divison. No play-offs for european BS and all that crap.
26 matchdays more competitiveness, more money for the clubs. Less BS and village clubs.
More quality overall.

Faliro

Fucking Marseille today..

At least their interest is less than the last time AEK won the championship..

Godescalco

Marseille and AEK fan bases are twinned?

I wasn't aware of that.