Hellas futebol

PsychoFan

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Setembro de 2014, 18:39
Citação de: PsychoFan em 23 de Setembro de 2014, 18:35
Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Setembro de 2014, 18:32
Was worse, the team he took to the world cup...

Vyntra 33
Karagounis 37
Katsouranis 35
Gekas 34
Salpididis 33
Moras 33

etc
But there are better players?

There were, far better. Katsouranis gave a way the ball, or passed backwards and got a red. We have better players than that. We have about 7 players better than Salpigidis. Vyntra is just a disaster. However they were all close friends of Santos and he rewards those he is friends with.
That's what doesn't make sense, the status and the personal relationship. If there were better players than the coach has to select em. It's not about the age, it's quality!

HJDK

Everyone knows that the Greek NT is selected by the super-agent Giorgias Mendiakis.

PsychoFan

Everyone? I don't for example. heheh

Faliro

Very true ^^.

The thing is, Katsouranis used to smoke with Santos after games. Karagounis, Salpi, most these players were all coached by Santos at club level at some point and became very close friends. The agents knew this and Santos always sticks by his friends, even when they play terrible. In the same way he despises his enemies. Both Ninis and Fetfatzidis won games for Greece individually in quals and both were dropped not just from the team but the squad in the following games. Santos even attacked them both - which is very rare.

Also Santos is highly religious and has much 'faith' and 'prayers' when picking teams rather than actual facts.

PsychoFan

LOOOOL fucking Santos...

PsychoFan

Arceus_17

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Setembro de 2014, 19:04
Very true ^^.

The thing is, Katsouranis used to smoke with Santos after games. Karagounis, Salpi, most these players were all coached by Santos at club level at some point and became very close friends. The agents knew this and Santos always sticks by his friends, even when they play terrible. In the same way he despises his enemies. Both Ninis and Fetfatzidis won games for Greece individually in quals and both were dropped not just from the team but the squad in the following games. Santos even attacked them both - which is very rare.

Also Santos is highly religious and has much 'faith' and 'prayers' when picking teams rather than actual facts.

:o  :2funny:

H

Citação de: HJDK em 23 de Setembro de 2014, 18:59
Everyone knows that the Greek NT is selected by the super-agent Giorgias Mendiakis.

EVERYDAY MALAKIA!

Faliro

All Greek sports banned this weekend, no football, no volleyball, no basketball - everything banned this weekend by the Government 'Deputy' minister of culture and sport, because a 46 year old fan died after injuries received in a third division game two weeks ago because of hooliganism. They waited to see when he died, yesterday... to make the decision. As soon as he died, from his injuries sustained two weeks ago, they closed the weekend of all sports.

This damages the season - teams need games to be competitive for European games.

Damaged Olympiakos and PAOK - we were supposed to play this weekend and get that massive game out the way..

This damages the sports - tv schedules, tv money and contracts broken.

This damages the spectacle.

This damages the image of Greece - makes the country look like it is controlled by a 45 year old woman who just got her period. Everything has to stop.

Stupid stupid country.

jgilcruz

So, Karagounis retired.

Is he considered a Greek legend?

Faliro

He is considered a Greek legend. Not by me, but by the herd.

He is now a director of football for the Greek NT - whatever the fuck that means.. he said..

''For now, I will mainly be with the seniors in the role of liaison between players and coach.''

Basically - you make me happy - you in the team ... role.... Very mafia, very Greek. In Italian mafia I would say the role is that of a caporegime.

Basically... the players selected will be those who get along with karagounis...

================================================

On an equally bizarre level, Fyssas will often liaise with Benfica from now on to swap information while working for the vazelos - what ever the fuck that means.

It seems Greeks are at the stage where once again, they are doing what they do best as a nation. Inventing meaningless jobs and running with it.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Panathinaikos/mnhmonio_synergasias_me_thn_mpenfika.3062351.html

HJDK

I never thought Pana was so weak. Suddenly, all your victories made sense.
What a poor side.

Faliro

Exactly. That is why I wanted everyone on here to watch them. They are regularly beaten by village teams.