Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 19:33
I'm sorry to interject.

BUT A KASAMI SHIRT!?  :2funny:

Ela re file.. he was big at one point...

Ok, you are right..  ;D ;D ;D

Espártaco

Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 19:19
Citação de: Espártaco em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 18:52
Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 18:35

CitaçãoYour "quebra-molas" story is almost a every day in Brazil.  :2funny:

I really hope Brazil scraps these. They are very dangerous.

CitaçãoI had travelled a lot around brazilian states. Not in a touristic perspective but to know the "real" Brazil. Minas Gerais is very beautiful. Have you ever been in Ouro Preto? Amazing portuguese heritage.

Does this answer your question?  :smokin:

CitaçãoCentro is really like a Walking Dead scene.  ;D Savassi is high class neighbourhood. Good place. The best places are in the Centro-Sul neighbourhoods.

Agreed.

CitaçãoBtw, what is your BH team? Atlético (Patético) Mineiro or Cruzeiro? Mine is the second one.  :-X

Well... My wife's family is half Cruzeiro, half Galo.. My wife herself is Atletico.. her sister and mother Cruzeiro.. her dad.. America (although he denies it).. ;D I suppose I am Galo by default? Will be a decent team when they build that new stadium of theirs.. BH in general is a cultural football hub it seems.

An Olympian in Praça Tiradentes.  :coolsmiley:

Did you see any remnants of portuguese culture in Brazil, or for you is it detached from the Potuguese/Portugal reality besides language and colonial places like Ouro Preto (which could be in Portugal architecturally).

I see remnants of portuguese culture in Brazil. For example, the jokes and some proverbs. Surprisingly similar. I think that also some of the people of rural areas are quite alike the old portuguese people. Very attached to their land and quite religious. Of course that the elite propaganda are anti-portuguese heritage. But in reality there are some commons. Cooking (Feijoada, for example)  and even some parties (the Festa Junina had been bought by portuguese people). The problem is historical and of Brazilian affirmation as a country. When Brazil had become a Republic (1889; they had been a monarchy since 1822 and kings blood was portuguese), the Brazilian elites explored the colonial ressentiment to their maximum. They also blame Portugal for their endemic structural delay and so excuse their own issues. So, an anti-portuguese rhetoric had arrived and since then things are certain like this. But in recent years, with the recent immigration of brazilians to Portugal to study, work or tourism and also more openness to portuguese products (like fado, olive-oil or actors), some preconceptions had been throw down. But in the past, prior to Republican establishment, we had no  ressentiment at all. Around 1880s (also we had, at the time, floods of portuguese people crushing to Brazil) we see great portuguese and brazilian intellectuals have friendship with each other. Portuguese writers like Eça de Queiroz writing to brazilian newspapers and socialize with Eduardo Prado, a brazilian intelectual.

In short, of course there are some big differences. It is about almost 200 years since Brazil independence and a ocean that apart us. But there are extent influences like I said. But, in my opinion, they are hidden for nationalistic proposes.

Faliro

Citação de: Espártaco em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 20:00
Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 19:19
Citação de: Espártaco em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 18:52
Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Agosto de 2019, 18:35

CitaçãoYour "quebra-molas" story is almost a every day in Brazil.  :2funny:

I really hope Brazil scraps these. They are very dangerous.

CitaçãoI had travelled a lot around brazilian states. Not in a touristic perspective but to know the "real" Brazil. Minas Gerais is very beautiful. Have you ever been in Ouro Preto? Amazing portuguese heritage.

Does this answer your question?  :smokin:

CitaçãoCentro is really like a Walking Dead scene.  ;D Savassi is high class neighbourhood. Good place. The best places are in the Centro-Sul neighbourhoods.

Agreed.

CitaçãoBtw, what is your BH team? Atlético (Patético) Mineiro or Cruzeiro? Mine is the second one.  :-X

Well... My wife's family is half Cruzeiro, half Galo.. My wife herself is Atletico.. her sister and mother Cruzeiro.. her dad.. America (although he denies it).. ;D I suppose I am Galo by default? Will be a decent team when they build that new stadium of theirs.. BH in general is a cultural football hub it seems.

An Olympian in Praça Tiradentes.  :coolsmiley:

Did you see any remnants of portuguese culture in Brazil, or for you is it detached from the Potuguese/Portugal reality besides language and colonial places like Ouro Preto (which could be in Portugal architecturally).

I see remnants of portuguese culture in Brazil. For example, the jokes and some proverbs. Surprisingly similar. I think that also some of the people of rural areas are quite alike the old portuguese people. Very attached to their land and quite religious. Of course that the elite propaganda are anti-portuguese heritage. But in reality there are some commons. Cooking (Feijoada, for example)  and even some parties (the Festa Junina had been bought by portuguese people). The problem is historical and of Brazilian affirmation as a country. When Brazil had become a Republic (1889; they had been a monarchy since 1822 and kings blood was portuguese), the Brazilian elites explored the colonial ressentiment to their maximum. They also blame Portugal for their endemic structural delay and so excuse their own issues. So, an anti-portuguese rhetoric had arrived and since then things are certain like this. But in recent years, with the recent immigration of brazilians to Portugal to study, work or tourism and also more openness to portuguese products (like fado, olive-oil or actors), some preconceptions had been throw down. But in the past, prior to Republican establishment, we had no  ressentiment at all. Around 1880s (also we had, at the time, floods of portuguese people crushing to Brazil) we see great portuguese and brazilian intellectuals have friendship with each other. Portuguese writers like Eça de Queiroz writing to brazilian newspapers and socialize with Eduardo Prado, a brazilian intelectual.

In short, of course there are some big differences. It is about almost 200 years since Brazil independence and a ocean that apart us. But there are extent influences like I said. But, in my opinion, they are hidden for nationalistic proposes.

Excellent description, thank you.

Arceus_17

Baron_Davis

congrats, hopefully we can be in the same group

Cloughie

Congratulations in being on the group stage!

MiguelBenfica

Espártaco

Andris

Faliro

Citação de: Espártaco em 27 de Agosto de 2019, 23:43
Congratulations, Olympian!  :tocha: :tocha: :tocha:

Love this brother!!!

Some pics from the Greco/Portuguese Olympiacos locker room after the game:

Video!  :2funny:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1rqvBah9Kp/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Godescalco

Pedro Martins working out his magic.

Now good luck for the group stage.

TFFS

Maybe it's the first time in which the champion of a country misses the group stage and the 2nd plays the Champions League.

Am I right?

Congratulations, Olympiakos.

Faliro

Citação de: TFFS em 28 de Agosto de 2019, 01:50
Maybe it's the first time in which the champion of a country misses the group stage and the 2nd plays the Champions League.

Am I right?

Congratulations, Olympiakos.

Could be file.

O0

Red Eyes

Congratulations, Faliro! You deserved it. :clap1: