PAOK FC

HJDK

We missed a lot of chances, specially in the first half. PAOK defended with all their hearts for 75 minutes and then showed what I assume is their real skill in the last minutes of the match. Terrible result for us, but we can obviously score in Greece.

We have what is undoubtedly one of the worst managers in Europe. I don't even know if I really want Champions League at all, if we make it we are going to be humiliated once again.

Edit: Pelkas looked pretty good tonight, quite the evolution since he played here.

Bryan.

Pelkas was already good at Setúbal.

PAOK has two or three good players but their strength has to be Lucescu. Extremely organized, they knew exactly what they had to do today.

RedEagleNN

AMSILVA what about pagares uns canecos na Luz when you came to Portugal?

RubbaDub

Citação de: Bryan. em 21 de Agosto de 2018, 23:37

PAOK has two or three good players but their strenght has to be Lucescu. Extremely organized, they knew exactly what they had to do today.
Yup. They all jumped on him to celebrate the goal.

GTtdi_SLB

Its important to understand that tonight we allowed a draw agaisnt a Nacional alike. Or setubal for that matter.

Ned Kelly

I think we should send Roy Win to a more stimulating club like Tondela when we have a chance and try to hire someone who actually knows the game.

AMSILVA

Benfica is the better team, but they forgot that a football match is 90 minutes, not 70.   

Was that the Stadium of the great Benfica?  It seemed more like my church on sunday morning.  Next week in Toumpa we'll show everyone how you support your team. 

Our midfield was horrible today, our defense seemed slower than usual.  Our wingers looked their age (19 and 20 years old).  I believe Warda will start next week and I hope Biseswar. 

I see too many Benfica fans stuck in their own arrogance to open their eyes.

Anyways.  I predict PAOK loses 1-2 in Toumpa and Benfica will make it through.  I hope I'm wrong.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Bryan. em 21 de Agosto de 2018, 23:37

PAOK has two or three good players but their strength has to be Lucescu. Extremely organized, they knew exactly what they had to do today.

Benfica-RV-Lucescu

Iron Mask

Citação de: AMSILVA em 22 de Agosto de 2018, 03:16
Benfica is the better team, but they forgot that a football match is 90 minutes, not 70.   

Was that the Stadium of the great Benfica?  It seemed more like my church on sunday morning.  Next week in Toumpa we'll show everyone how you support your team. 

Our midfield was horrible today, our defense seemed slower than usual.  Our wingers looked their age (19 and 20 years old).  I believe Warda will start next week and I hope Biseswar. 

Anyways.  I predict PAOK loses 1-2 in Toumpa and Benfica will make it through.  I hope I'm wrong.

The match just showed that sometimes it's better to have a decent manager and a mediocre team than to have a good team and an awful manager.

With Lucescu sitting on our bench and RV on yours, PAOK would have suffered quite an humiliation yesterday.

About the support (the kind you mentioned at least), quite honestly, it's a matter of time for it to be gone from all countries. Football has changed and so has the way people watch it. We played in Istanbul this season and it was nothing like it used to be.

Maybe in a week, we visit Greece already with a different man sitting on the bench. A man can dream.

StellaRojas

Simply enough, if a difference in class is not huge, it does not matter which team has better individuals- this is where the coach comes into play. Zvezda played Spartak Trnava...these guys do not play football at all, but MMA, and they do not have footballers, basic elements of technique are still not mastered by them. But they had the coach who knew how to get the best out of his team, to the point of even defeating Milojevic tactically in our first match.  It does not matter that PAOK had basically one attempt on the goal...that is what they came for, to keep the tie alive for Salonica. That is why we can say Lucescu- RV: 1:0

Iron Mask

Citação de: StellaRojas em 22 de Agosto de 2018, 11:09
Simply enough, if a difference in class is not huge, it does not matter which team has better individuals- this is where the coach comes into play. Zvezda played Spartak Trnava...these guys do not play football at all, but MMA, and they do not have footballers, basic elements of technique are still not mastered by them. But they had the coach who knew how to get the best out of his team, to the point of even defeating Milojevic tactically in our first match.  It does not matter that PAOK had basically one attempt on the goal...that is what they came for, to keep the tie alive for Salonica. That is why we can say Lucescu- RV: 1:0

The difference in players quality is quite big. And the match showed it. The game could have ended with 4 or 5 goals for Benfica even with RV (actually it was some of the best football RV has showed). However it's not done properly. The team ran way too much and just died on the 60th minute.

Lucescu did a good job of course but yesterday he was also lucky. I would take him over RV in a blink of an eye though.

Covenant

Benfica is by far more tired than PAOK and that had a big importance Yesterday. The Greek league don't even started.

The biggest mistake that RV is doing right now have to be play always the same players. But without Jonas, Castillo or Krovinovic...

I believe that PAOK players will feel the pressure more than out players and Benfica will win.

Lucescu is a good coach, but Yesterday had more luck than everything.

Iron Mask

Citação de: Covenant em 22 de Agosto de 2018, 13:19
Benfica is by far more tired than PAOK and that had a big importance Yesterday. The Greek league don't even started.

The biggest mistake that RV is doing right now have to be play always the same players. But without Jonas, Castillo or Krovinovic...

I believe that PAOK players will feel the pressure more than out players and Benfica will win.

Lucescu is a good coach, but Yesterday had more luck than everything.

Talk about tiredness and fatigue in middle August is just ridiculous. This was Benfica 5th match of the season. Paok also played their 5th match. And had to play basel really early.

Players seem tired because they run way too much and do it in a wrong way.

If doing pressing high on the field would be this easy everyone would do it. Asking players to run like Forrest Gump after the ball is easy. Problem is you have 11 dead bodies on the 60th minute if you do so.

Tapion

I'll be honest with you. Great environments, it is more in games against big teams in the champions league or some games of the Portuguese League. For example, yesterday there were few supporters in the stadium, the usual is always more than 50,000 / 55,000 at least. The game against Paok did not move many people.
About the game, Benfica is a much better team than Paok we all know that and Benfica had an obligation to resolve the passage in Portugal. We are a bit embarrassed by the result
So I expect a good game in Greece.

mendanhaboi

100% Correct, game is 90'. We played well but was it though? Merit to PAOK. Greag goalkeeper. Grecce will be tough. I predict 3-1 Benfica, it wilk end up being an open game. PAOK didn't show how I thought they would. None the less. PAOK is still PAOK, watch out.