Olympiacos Piraeus

H

Faliro

hahaha, I hope he finds himself here.

Arceus_17

Ah..Olympiakos!  Well, can't say I have the best memories from you..    :bah2:  :ashamed:

Not really a usual follower of Greek football but always liked Olympiakos. First of all, Olympiakos was one of the 16 teams in the mythical PS1 game European Super League. having great players like Antzas, Eleftheropoulos, Mavrogenidis, Choutos, Georgatos, Djordjevic and Giovanni.
Second of all, your main colours are red and white, while your main rivals' are green and white. Not really much of a doubt about the team to support in Greece :coolsmiley:  :slb2:  :smokin:

Festivus

Wait, what. Someone else has actually played European Super League? I still own a copy(PC, not PS1). But I barely played it when I was a kid. Was it any good?

Looking at the cover, it has the following clubs: Marseille, PSG, Leverkusen, Bayern, Dortmund, Liverpool, Chelsea, Olympiakos, Inter, Ajax, Juventus, Milan, Benfica, Barcelona, Real Madrid, IFK Gottenborg

Arceus_17

Citação de: Festivus em 14 de Agosto de 2014, 20:15
Wait, what. Someone else has actually played European Super League? I still own a copy(PC, not PS1). But I barely played it when I was a kid. Was it any good?

I really loved the game in those years...The graphics are, obviously, shitty and the commands are not the best, but there are several interesting competition styles you can play and, of course settings.
Benfica had the 2nd worst team with powerhouses like Rojas, Escalona, Sergio Nunes, Uribe and Toy  :D. Our only good players were good Enke, Van Hooidonk, Poborsky and (yeah) Maniche. Only IFK Gotemborg had a worse team ;D.

Festivus

Citação de: Arceus_17 em 14 de Agosto de 2014, 20:43

I really loved the game in those years...The graphics are, obviously, shitty and the commands are not the best, but there are several interesting competition styles you can play and, of course settings.
Benfica had the 2nd worse team with powerhouses like Rojas, Escalona, Sergio Nunes, Uribe and Toy  :D. Our only good players were good Enke, Van Hooidonk, Poborsky and (yeah) Maniche. Only IFK Gotemborg had a worse team ;D.

I believe that was our team in CM 00/01 as well. It usually ended up in 4th-5th place when controlled by the CPU.

ESL was one of those strange, rare, obscure football games that they don't make these days any longer. Now it's all either FIFA or PES.

Also, anyone had or played this game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Club_Soccer

Faliro

I used to play International Superstar Soccer Pro. This was based off the old Sega templates of the early arcade football games you used to get in bars.

However, by the time the series got to 2010, it was so cryptic to score and the players so crap and slow, I lost interest. I never bothered with FIFA...

Faliro

Citação de: Arceus_17 em 14 de Agosto de 2014, 20:09
Ah..Olympiakos!  Well, can't say I have the best memories from you..    :bah2:  :ashamed:

Not really a usual follower of Greek football but always liked Olympiakos. First of all, Olympiakos was one of the 16 teams in the mythical PS1 game European Super League. having great players like Antzas, Eleftheropoulos, Mavrogenidis, Choutos, Georgatos, Djordjevic and Giovanni.
Second of all, your main colours are red and white, while your main rivals' are green and white. Not really much of a doubt about the team to support in Greece :coolsmiley:  :slb2:  :smokin:

You are welcome any time!!  :flagglorioso: :flagglorioso: :flagglorioso: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:

Good old Antzas.. naturally talented defender.

brankinho_gaspar

Hey guys, is Karnezis any good?

You've probably been asked that before, but i couldn't find it  ;D

Godescalco

Talks about Samaris coming to Benfica.

Good player.

Faliro

Apparently Olympiakos asking for €5 million which is nothing.

brankinho_gaspar

Looking at the cover, it has the following clubs: Marseille, PSG, Leverkusen, Bayern, Dortmund, Liverpool, Chelsea, Olympiakos, Inter, Ajax, Juventus, Milan, Benfica, Barcelona, Real Madrid, IFK Gottenborg
I also have it  :smokin:

HJDK

Citação de: Faliro em 18 de Agosto de 2014, 15:30
Apparently Olympiakos asking for €5 million which is nothing.
How is he? It's worth the money?
Afellay can be a king in Greece, let's wait to see. Such a great player but those knees..