Olympiacos Piraeus

Festivus

Lm27: You could make a thread about Inter to freely discuss your club and so that the users know where to look for useful information about your history, players, etc.

Lm27

Citação de: Festivus em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:02
Citação de: Lm27 em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:00
Citação de: Festivus em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:54
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:49

Milan is famous for Van Basten era and international trophies, you cant win against 7 CL.
Juventus got problems outside Italy and Inter is too much discontinuous, some years good, than others mediocre.

The fact that now our league is poor doesn't help for sure
I just loved watching guys like Gattuso, Maldini, Inzaghi, Shevshenko, Nesta, etc. play while growing up. Plus, of the big Italian clubs, they wore red, one of my favorite colors alongside black. You do the math ;D

When I think of Inter I think of Ronaldo Fenómeno, Javier Zanetti, Killy González, Milito, Mourinho, Cambiasso, Recoba, Vieri, Crespo and Toldo. Also, remember our face-off in the 2003/2004 UEFA Cup? Man I still cant' believe we didn't crush you at Luz. We wasted sooooo many shots in that game.

I dont remember well that game....but I remember Inter-Porto, Adriano hat-trick....and a Hugo Almeida amazing freekick on another game
When was that again? 2004/2005?

Also remember your two games against Sporting in 2006? Can't believe you lost 1-0 at Alvalade.
2004-2005 I think
Maybe I remember, very bad game but it was only the group stage if I'm not wrong

Festivus

Citação de: Lm27 em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:05
Citação de: Festivus em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:02
Citação de: Lm27 em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:00
Citação de: Festivus em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:54
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:49

Milan is famous for Van Basten era and international trophies, you cant win against 7 CL.
Juventus got problems outside Italy and Inter is too much discontinuous, some years good, than others mediocre.

The fact that now our league is poor doesn't help for sure
I just loved watching guys like Gattuso, Maldini, Inzaghi, Shevshenko, Nesta, etc. play while growing up. Plus, of the big Italian clubs, they wore red, one of my favorite colors alongside black. You do the math ;D

When I think of Inter I think of Ronaldo Fenómeno, Javier Zanetti, Killy González, Milito, Mourinho, Cambiasso, Recoba, Vieri, Crespo and Toldo. Also, remember our face-off in the 2003/2004 UEFA Cup? Man I still cant' believe we didn't crush you at Luz. We wasted sooooo many shots in that game.

I dont remember well that game....but I remember Inter-Porto, Adriano hat-trick....and a Hugo Almeida amazing freekick on another game
When was that again? 2004/2005?

Also remember your two games against Sporting in 2006? Can't believe you lost 1-0 at Alvalade.
2004-2005 I think
Maybe I remember, very bad game but it was only the group stage if I'm not wrong
Huh. I could swear I remember you facing them in a last 16/2nd round match. Didn't you face them in 06/07 as well in a knock-out game?

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:53
Citação de: jase25 em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:48
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 01:59
Citação de: Gottschalk em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 01:47
Walking the Greek league has been a given for the past few years. At least, if and until PAO or PAOK can step up their acts. What I personally think should be a priority to Olympiakos is to build a team good enough to win, say, an Europa League.

But sadly, we seem to make it to the last 16 of the CL... I think our team is good enough for a Europa Semi...
I still remember that disgraceful elimination to Metalist, in 5 minutes or so you lost a qualification.

There have been a couple of those Jase... :disgust: One that pissed me off was Saint Etienne knocking us out in the third round in 2009. We had a great team, good coach...  :disgust:
Yeah,we remember that team well   :tickedoff:

Festivus

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:06
Walking the Greek league has been a given for the past few years. At least, if and until PAO or PAOK can step up their acts. What I personally think should be a priority to Olympiakos is to build a team good enough to win, say, an Europa League.

But sadly, we seem to make it to the last 16 of the CL... I think our team is good enough for a Europa Semi...
I still remember that disgraceful elimination to Metalist, in 5 minutes or so you lost a qualification.

There have been a couple of those Jase... :disgust: One that pissed me off was Saint Etienne knocking us out in the third round in 2009. We had a great team, good coach...  :disgust:
Yeah,we remeber that team well   :tickedoff:
I hate Quique Flores, so much.

Lm27

Citação de: Festivus em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:05
Lm27: You could make a thread about Inter to freely discuss your club and so that the users know where to look for useful information about your history, players, etc.

These arent good years, we are in the "mediocre team mode"....There's not too much to say. Only try to improve with this asian dude

An italian football thread would be better

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Festivus em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:07
Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:06

Yeah,we remeber that team well   :tickedoff:
I hate Quique Flores, so much.
Certainly a contender for worst coach of our history. Good squad,awful team and football

Festivus

Citação de: Lm27 em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:08

These arent good years, we are in the "mediocre team mode"....There's not too much to say. Only try to improve with this asian dude

We already have a thread for Italian football. Although I suppose an English language one for international users wouldn't be a bad idea either. Try to ask one of the mods about it.

nevers0ft

Faliro, By the way who are Olympiakos' greatest players of all time?
And their achievements?

Lazar.

Citação de: Festivus em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:09

We already have a thread for Italian football. Although I suppose an English language one for international users wouldn't be a bad idea either. Try to ask one of the mods about it.

There's no need to ask.

Lm27

the other thread is Cristao69 football  :2funny:

cipri_slb

Citação de: Lm27 em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:12

Oh forget... ;D is love

Festivus

Citação de: Lm27 em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:12

Well, yeah. Cristão loves both Juventus and Benfica equally, you see. And there's no one else in this forum as passionate about an Italian team like him. Most of us just have one or two we like watching play for a while and that's it. His love for Juventus is 100% genuine.

Aka

Citação de: PsychoFan em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:58
Citação de: Aka em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:49
Citação de: cipri_slb em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:38But I understand Porto also sells good players like James but in my opinion Benfica not far behind...

You know what's funny? James was a good player at Porto, but he never reached an amazing level. I don't think he was exactly brilliant in Monaco.

Suddenly, he's sold to Real Madrid for 80 million just because he scored a few goals in the World Cup. Just for the World Cup...

And this was his best goal at the tournament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYiyzc0x5o&hd=1&t=5m29s
James reached an amazing level in he's last season in Porto, but he didn't play much because of the injury.

He certainly hasn't reached the 80 million level. Not even close.

PsychoFan

Citação de: Aka em 27 de Agosto de 2014, 00:14
Citação de: PsychoFan em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:58
Citação de: Aka em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:49
Citação de: cipri_slb em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 23:38But I understand Porto also sells good players like James but in my opinion Benfica not far behind...

You know what's funny? James was a good player at Porto, but he never reached an amazing level. I don't think he was exactly brilliant in Monaco.

Suddenly, he's sold to Real Madrid for 80 million just because he scored a few goals in the World Cup. Just for the World Cup...

And this was his best goal at the tournament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwYiyzc0x5o&hd=1&t=5m29s
James reached an amazing level in he's last season in Porto, but he didn't play much because of the injury.

He certainly hasn't reached the 80 million level. Not even close.
That was World Cup hype.