Olympiacos Piraeus

Aka

Yeah, but... come on... this is nothing like Africa!

It really depends where you go, although I have to admit that most Brazilian cities look-alike.

Faliro

No really. If you go to Belo Horizonte or Goiania, over 90% of the main city is interchangable with Maputo.. There are a few central locations in Sao Paulo and Rio that feel more Brazilian, but these areas are small and shrinking. What differentiates Brazil to Africa is simply Brazil has over built more. If you gave Africa more money, they would build in exactly the same manner and do. To see the answers just quote my post and you can see the links.

T1n0_SLB

Those african cities had portuguese influence, i bet those building are from colonial era, not couting the 3rd from top(Maputo).

T1n0_SLB

And i don't see many diference betwen brazilian cities and other "new world's" cities.

Faliro

Dunno man I see and feel big difference having visited them.

Mexico city:

Panama city:

Macau - independance from portugal 1999!

The cultures that live in the cities, despite portuguese or spanish colonialism, add their own flavour. I always felt when the Brazilians start building up a city, it is africanesque. Rio and SP are so famous, we all recognise the sites. But the lesser Brazilian cities are like wealthy african cities, including the miles of favelas of course...

T1n0_SLB

Theres not much diference betwen Mexico City and São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Santiago.

Aka

In fact, most of Mexico City is quite terrible.

Those cities have quite similar centres, where you see the differences is in the other neighbourhoods.

T1n0_SLB

And what do you thin about this litle greek town?

paalexg

Aka

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 28 de Setembro de 2014, 17:44

That can't be in Greece!

I don't see any cats.

Faliro

Well maybe some Greeks have visited there, but 10000% that is not Greece! Everything looks different.

Festivus

This thread has suddenly turned into skyscrapercity.

T1n0_SLB

Faliro, i told you to compare brazilian cities with Lagos or Kinchassa, you will see big diference.

You pic the wrong ones, those african cities that you choose is not that african, those building are from portuguese era probably.

It's not brazilian cities that look like african cities, but Maputo and Luando who look like brazilian citis, portuguese influence.

and "african city" has many meanings, algerian cities is diferent to nigerian cities, south african cities are difernt to egiptian  cities and so on

Aka

Holy shit! Hong Kong is so beau.......

... Oh forget it...

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 28 de Setembro de 2014, 17:48

Well maybe some Greeks have visited there, but 10000% that is not Greece! Everything looks different.

Is or Cyprus