Olympiacos Piraeus

Eddie_

I don't think Jara is horrible.
I think he will adapt very well to Greek football style. He will be a good reinf but i doubt he will ever be a top player.

I don't follow Neto a lot, but he made some good seasons and he was brought to national team squad. I think he's a good defender... with a very good football agent :)

He's not better than Miguel Vitor, but not worse either imho.

Faliro

Miguel Vitor is a terrible CB in my opinion.

PAOK leak goals worse than most the super league.

Reading the articles today it seems both Jara and Neto are Pereira's decisions.

Olympiacos usually buys highly talented attacking players with - if anything bad attitudes, like Weiss. Jara I don't understand.

RicardoSR

I don't think Jara is that bad.
He scored about 11/12 goals in the first season and he was not a starter.
After that he played in Granada and Betis, 2 teams that were always in the bottom of the table in Spain, it was hard to show something good.
In Argentina I don't know how he played.

For 1.5M I don't think he's a bad signing.

Covenant

Garay played well so far. Witsel was sold very soon, needed one more year here. He was not prepared besides the huge potencial.

pcssousa

Faliro, we are going to play against Ethnikos in volleyball. Are they any good?

Faliro

Citação de: pcssousa em 22 de Janeiro de 2015, 14:31
Faliro, we are going to play against Ethnikos in volleyball. Are they any good?

Ethnikos Piraeus used to be a fairly good football team... years ago...
No idea bout their Volley department.. :confused:

pcssousa

Thanks. I think they have 4 very decent foreigners, all international for their countries, 2 Croatians, 1 Bosnian and another from Montenegro... But I think the only Greek team with real good (european standards) is Olympiacos.
Lets hope we can beat them and go to the semi-finals.

Faliro

Hold on.. I assumed it was Ethnikos Piraeus..( Ethnikos means national).

I think the team you are playing is Ethnikos ALEXANDROUPOLIS, from the city of the same name.

This is the team you are playing. They might be quite good... however it is the first time in their history in the last 8..

http://www.ethnikos-mgs.gr/

pcssousa

Only the second time for us...

I believe Olympiacos won a Cup winners cup in the mid 90's and a top teams cup (basically the same competition) a few years later and played a couple of European cup finals.

diogo32

Citação de: Lycaon em 21 de Janeiro de 2015, 23:56
He's the worst footballer I've ever seen with a Benfica shirt.

He's not the least gifted, at all. He scored some goals in his debut season, I get it why he was bought. He's physically very good, Tévez-like.

But everything else... god. He's the dumbest son of a bitch I've ever seen.
That's why I say he's the worst. He's that kind of player that sucks life out of you because of how bad his decision making is.

God I'm probably being unfair. I hate him.  ;D

I have to agree.

Thank you Olympiacos. Now we can trade Benito for Masuako.

Faliro

Citação de: diogo32 em 22 de Janeiro de 2015, 22:47
Citação de: Lycaon em 21 de Janeiro de 2015, 23:56
Thank you Olympiacos. Now we can trade Benito for Masuako.

Karembeu says Olympiacos are open to offers around the €30 million area...
Inter are offering about €10 million...

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/692951/tora-i-napoli-prepei-na-dosei-10-ekat-gia-mazoyakoy

I think for €30 million is too much and €10 million is too cheap for such a player... he is strong, fast skillful, clever - super player.

O-Rível

Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Janeiro de 2015, 13:18
Miguel Vitor is a terrible CB in my opinion.

PAOK leak goals worse than most the super league.

Reading the articles today it seems both Jara and Neto are Pereira's decisions.

Olympiacos usually buys highly talented attacking players with - if anything bad attitudes, like Weiss. Jara I don't understand.

I agree with you. But in here many people still believe he was forced to go to Greece because we mishandled his situation. He was just rubbish, imo.

About Franco Jara, I am not sure why Vítor Pereira would try to hire him in the first place. He represents a style of play which Pereira doesn't seem to be fond of. Anyway, he has some qualities, and for 1,5M you get a player which can help you in certain games.
Just don't expect a great deal out of him. Oh, in terms of attitude, I think he will find Greek football a very suitable place to showcase his abilities.  :tonge:

There's also another player being linked with a transfer to Olympiacos: Aderlan Santos, CB from Braga. One of our major newspapers is saying today that Olympiacos offered 6M, but the Portuguese side is asking 10M instead to release Santos. I don't think he's worth that much, but he is indeed a good CB.

Faliro

O-Rível

Neto is a good CB. Working with Vítor Pereira will do him (and Olympiacos) wonders.