Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

What you make of it pyschofan?

PsychoFan

A bad game. And a game that went well for the opponent.

Jotenko

Faliro

VP has protection from the top. To remove him would be Marinakis admitting he made a mistake.

Now, there is the semi final of the cup first leg tomorrow, Apollon Smyrnis (Second division team) at the Rizoupoli at 17:00.

If VP can not manage a victory here, the pressure will really be on him.

Here is their squad.

PsychoFan

Hey Faliro, what do you think about the new layout? It's still not complete, I think. People are complaining about the red being too light. The font too is one of the complaints. The admin is taking a while to change.

PsychoFan

And now, talking about Olympiacos...

The thing I can criticize VP is the signing of Jara. Because obviously it was he's request. Santana we don't know. I think he asked Neto, which is much better, but it wasn't possible and then Santana was available, and he accepted (for loan). Putting Jara playing, not really. Mitro injured. Benitez.. u know what is my opinion of him. BTW, the last game he was a starter? If yes, what position. But the signing of Jara is very, very weird. Maybe there is something behind it ;D.

The rest... he is knowing the players. Experimenting, teaching, convincing, and this can take a few months. For now, he knows that Afellay can't be a starter. Santana also has not played. N'Dinga is starting, am I not correct? So there have been changes, improvements.

But, I don't see all games. So, what are your criticisms? If you have.

This (half) season I am not really giving importance because of the things I just said and others. Next season, if he stays, yes.

Faliro

Citação de: PsychoFan em 07 de Abril de 2015, 16:10
Hey Faliro, what do you think about the new layout? It's still not complete, I think. People are complaining about the red being too light. The font too is one of the complaints. The admin is taking a while to change.

The new font is definitely not pleasant to the eyes - it actually hurts.

Also I preferred the old banners and layout. It looked more professional. This new layout looks more like a teenage fan blog of Benfica.

Faliro

Citação de: PsychoFan em 07 de Abril de 2015, 17:04
And now, talking about Olympiacos...

The thing I can criticize VP is the signing of Jara. Because obviously it was he's request. Santana we don't know. I think he asked Neto, which is much better, but it wasn't possible and then Santana was available, and he accepted (for loan). Putting Jara playing, not really. Mitro injured. Benitez.. u know what is my opinion of him. BTW, the last game he was a starter? If yes, what position. But the signing of Jara is very, very weird. Maybe there is something behind it ;D.

The rest... he is knowing the players. Experimenting, teaching, convincing, and this can take a few months. For now, he knows that Afellay can't be a starter. Santana also has not played. N'Dinga is starting, am I not correct? So there have been changes, improvements.

But, I don't see all games. So, what are your criticisms? If you have.

This (half) season I am not really giving importance because of the things I just said and others. Next season, if he stays, yes.

Jara started last as game as usual as a striker. Benitez came on 52 as a left winger for Fortounis..

Santana is left out the team as VP doesn't want him. He will be returning to Germany. Santana goes into my walking dead 11 along with other terrible signings like Dani.

N'Dinga started the last game, but next to the serb Milivojevic and they both looked unhappy playing together.

My personal criticisms revolve around the simple idea that most Greek Super League sides are designed to take points off other teams to the best of their budget. These teams, although poor, are actually not as bad as many believe. Therefore unless Olympiakos consistently plays its best players, we will see many more PAS results.

Santana was an unprecedented disaster. Not sure how much blame we can pin on VP for him as I don't know if VP green lit the move.

Jara again, terrible player. Not sure if VP green lit the transfer either - I think it had more to do with bad business on Olympiacos' part wanting quicker payment for Samaris. However, to play him over Benitez is a very serious lapse by VP imo.

The same goes for Kasami - if fit, he should play.

Affelay - after much trial and error, I think VP realises he is not very reliable. Michel realised it fast, but was sacked for not playing him.. so what is VP supposed to do?

Fortounis? Just think he is crap, VP disagrees.

Siovas and Botia at CB - they are weak and play poorly. Can't blame VP too much for this. However, I preferred the way Michel gave Avlonitis and Bouxalakis minutes when there were injuries.

In general, the team is disintegrating. This is the fault of Marinakis, not VP. It would have taken an extremely good manager to mold a team quickly after the sacking of Michel. Bad signings, injuries, poorly motivated players and poor team selections by VP all made the team worse than the team that beat Atletico and Juventus this season in the CL.

PsychoFan

Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Abril de 2015, 18:10
Citação de: PsychoFan em 07 de Abril de 2015, 16:10

The new font is definitely not pleasant to the eyes - it actually hurts.

Also I preferred the old banners and layout. It looked more professional. This new layout looks more like a teenage fan blog of Benfica.
Agreed.  ;D

PsychoFan

CitaçãoOh yea, I forgot about that! Indeed a strong possibility.

Not only a strong possibility, but the most likely, because I don't see VP wanting Jara.

Faliro

Siovas was never the same after all the injuries. He was on course to be another €6.000.000 Greek CB, however right now... he is finished.

Michel played a very strange and interesting midfield. Even today - I can't quite figure out what he did. Both Kasami and Domiguez were given free roles. Maniatis was the 6 and depending on the oponent, the other midfielder could be anyone. Bouxalakis, Milivojevic, N'Dinga etc...