Olympiacos Piraeus

Jpeeh

Good luck in the Champions League!!

Patrick_slb

I think Olympiakos will manage to get the 3rd position and play the Europa League in February. Bayern is much stronger and Arsenal always plays well during the group stage. Contrariwise, Zagreb is a fucking loser team that can grab 1 or 2 points at home but nothing away. Unfortunately, I think we will end up in the same position... hopefully we will reach the EL final in Basel.

Good luck anyway.

HJDK

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Agosto de 2015, 14:30
Seba, Da costa, Pardo and Finbo made their debuts yesterday:

I know I've said it before but...what an amazing kit. Oddly, even the blue Unicef looks nice.

Faliro

This is my favorite kit in years. I was at the Red Store in the Karaiskaki this month and was close to buying the top. It was €64. What stopped me is the thing looks delicate - especially the collar looks like my washing machine will dissolve it in 2 washes!  :2funny:

Arceus_17

Good luck for Marco Silva and Olympiakos

Very difficult misson, nontheless.

HJDK

Arsenal won't pass in Piraeus. If Oly manages a good result in London...they're through.

Faliro

Godescalco

Marco Silva will be the first manager since Dusan Bajevic to take Olympiacos to the UCL quarter-finals.

You read it here first.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 28 de Agosto de 2015, 01:38
Marco Silva will be the first manager since Dusan Bajevic to take Olympiacos to the UCL quarter-finals.

You read it here first.
Maybe it would be better to fall to the EL. Then Olympiacos would finally get a chance to win a European trophy. And since they win the league every damn season quite easily and I doubt this year will be any different, I don't think Thursday night fixtures will affect them significantly.

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 28 de Agosto de 2015, 01:40

You read it here first.
Maybe it would be better to fall to the EL. Then Olympiacos would finally get a chance to win a European trophy. And since they win the league every damn season quite easily and I doubt this year will be any different, I don't think Thursday night fixtures will affect them significantly.

That's the second best option.

Either way, Marco will make an impact.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 28 de Agosto de 2015, 01:41
Citação de: Festivus em 28 de Agosto de 2015, 01:40

You read it here first.

That's the second best option.

Either way, Marco will make an impact.
Winning the league is just a formality by this point for Thryllos. So he really needs to do something in UEFA competitions if he wants to stand out. But Faliro says the owner likes to sell good players in January...

Godescalco

True, the way Marinakis manages the club hinders any chance of long term sucess in Europe.

The most realistic way to win some european silverware is to compete in the EL but reaching a UCL quarter-finals would be a milestone. Marco's the man to do it.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 28 de Agosto de 2015, 01:49
True, the way Marinakis manages the club hinders any chance of long term sucess in Europe.

The most realistic way to win some european silverware is to compete in the EL but reaching a UCL quarter-finals would be a milestone. Marco's the man to do it.

Didn't they reach the QFs in the 90s, though? They had that bald dude. I had that CL season's sticker album.

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 28 de Agosto de 2015, 01:51
Didn't they reach the QFs in the 90s, though? They had that bald dude. I had that CL season's sticker album.

Yes, in 1999.

I talked about it a few posts ago. They were managed by Dusan Bajevic.

The bald dude was the legendary Georgatos.

Ricardo Maia

Marco is a wonderful coach,has some new players,but I don't think he will succeed in Champions League.Bad luck with the draw.