Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Routine win over Kalloni. Fortounis with two pens. Now on 12 goals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFfAs-_4K4

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Dezembro de 2015, 18:11
Can you believe before the draw VP said he wanted Olympiacos?  :estrelas:
What happened during his tenure in Olympiacos to provoke this kind of vendetta?

Was he badly treated by the board or the fans?

If so, he may develop a epithet: the misunderstood one. I say this because, in OPorto, he left with no glory whatsoever, with a pity renewable contract offer made at the last minute by the board and the fans cheering that fact he was gone.

Faliro

Citação de: lost_paradise em 20 de Dezembro de 2015, 05:31

If so, he may develop a epithet: the misunderstood one. I say this because, in OPorto, he left with no glory whatsoever, with a pity renewable contract offer made at the last minute by the board and the fans cheering that fact he was gone.

Kinda.. The club was already looking for his replacement but said nothing to anyone. The minute VP tried to the same and was caught doing it, he was fired.

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Dezembro de 2015, 16:18
Citação de: lost_paradise em 20 de Dezembro de 2015, 05:31

Kinda.. The club was already looking for his replacement but said nothing to anyone. The minute VP tried to the same and was caught doing it, he was fired.
I was going to ask how his tenure went in terms of european competitions, because it was the Achilles Heel of his spell at oporto.

But i already saw it. first euro league  knockout phase elimination with Dnipro.

PS Benfica is so patethic at the time being because of our manager, that im doing what normally is an  impossible thing: Typing while Benfica is playing.

Faliro

Yes he panicked against Dnipro, who having said that.. did make it to the final.. He was fairly uninspiring manager.

Cloughie

15 for 15... and we with Roy Win who drinks Water of Loser.

lost_paradise

Samaris is having a bad season and was replaced at half time, after being booked and risking a red card in first half alone. But i cant blame him.

There are some Benfica fans that dont apreciate Mitroglou for the great player he is.
They dont understand Mitroglou is essencially a poucher, a letal striker in the box. Every player with this characteristics needs a team to feed him. Which is impossible with this inept manager. There are signs that Benfica wont activate the buy option clause at the end of the season. Shamefull if that is true. Huge mistake.

Our manager is making great players looking good, good players looking average, and average players looking horrible.

Faliro

Mitroglou is exceptionally one dimensional but the dimension within which he resides..  As a classic poacher and goal getter, he is very well versed.  He needs to be surrounded by fast wingers and a creative 'dekari' as we say in Greece.

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Dezembro de 2015, 19:29
Mitroglou is exceptionally one dimensional but the dimension within which he resides..  As a classic poacher and goal getter, he is very well versed.  He needs to be surrounded by fast wingers and a creative 'dekari' as we say in Greece.
Cardozo although a very good free kick taker and a powerfull shooter from far distance, was also essencially a classic poacher.

And Cardozo is and was loved by the majority of Benfiquistas. So there is nothing wrong with Mitroglou.

Fast and creative wingers we still have. The problem is the lack of team quality. Mitro has scored almost all the oportunities that were given to him. The problem is that happens very few times. And its not the lack of individual quality, although we miss Salvio that has been injured since the end of last season.

Sporting is losing. Let me see the final minutes to have some warmth in my heart. Sad and pathetic, but the great joys this season are coming from rivals draws and defeats. Atlético win at Madrid being the lone exception.

Godescalco

Panagiotis "Takis" Lemonis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUc9yuPu2QM

Former player and Olympiakos legend. He coached the team between 2006 and 2008 with great success, replacing the failed project of Trond Sollied. He should never have left.

Faliro

Totally agree. One of the exceptionally rare breed of Greeks who can coach - along with Sakis Tsiolis.

Godescalco

Never gets old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ZF7_mJWX8

13 years at Piraeus (1996-2009), 344 games, 126 goals.

12 Greek Championships, 5 Greek Cups 1 Greek Supercup.

Eternal Djole!

Godescalco

Olympiakos would like to wish all SerBenfiquista users, especially those who usually write on this thread, a Merry Christmas (extending until Epiphany)!

Festivus

Apparently Greeks open their presents on January 1st and not tonight.

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 25 de Dezembro de 2015, 19:31
Apparently Greeks open their presents on January 1st and not tonight.

Usually the celebration is on January 7 because of the Julian calendar.