Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

1-0 so far. Attack attack attack. Great to watch.

Cloughie

"Não vou esconder que estou muito orgulhoso deste registo. É importante para nós e quando digo nós quero dizer, não apenas os jogadores e o treinador, mas para todos os que compõem o clube e quem ama o Olympiacos. E isso deixa-me muito feliz.
Aquilo que eu posso dizer é que me sinto orgulhoso apesar de isso não ser o mais importante para a equipa. Quando se consegue atingir algo assim em que os adeptos gostam de nós e cantam o nosso nome, é lindo.
Eu tento fazer o meu trabalho todas as semanas para cumprir o objetivo que me propus quando vim para aqui, de conquistar o título.

Δεν θα κρύψω ότι είμαι πολύ υπερήφανος για αυτό το ρεκόρ. Πρόκειται για ένα σημαντικό στοιχείο για εμάς και δεν εννοώ μόνο τους παίκτες και τον προπονητή, αλλά εννοώ τον κόσμο, τον σύλλογο και όποιον αγαπάει τον Ολυμπιακό. Με κάνει πολύ χαρούμενο.
Αυτό που μπορώ να πω είναι ότι νιώθω περήφανος παρόλο που δεν είναι το πιο σημαντικό στοιχείο της ομάδας. Όταν πετυχαίνεις κάτι τέτοιο να σε αγαπάει ο κόσμος και να τραγουδάει το όνομά σου, είναι πολύ όμορφο."

Aka

So, Olympiacos used to have cycling...

pcssousa

Still very far from our European record. 29 straight wins.

Faliro

Interesting to note that fortounis was not left out due to rotation but because Marco thought he was lazy in training.

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 11 de Janeiro de 2016, 13:57
Interesting to note that fortounis was not left out due to rotation but because Marco thought he was lazy in training.
What an example that reflects the kind of mentality crucial to have this new record.

When the players come to sense that first place is a given, there`s a tendency to complacency. Marco Silva decision, sends a clear message to the locker room. If you want to remain in the first team, you need to keep high intensity and serious commitment on a daily basis. 

PS we played a game yesterday and Mitroglou came of the bench near the end and scored a goal.

Faliro

Agreed. Fortounis is the top goal scorer in Greece ATM at probably took his foot off the gas.

Good ol mitroglou. Shame he can't secure a starting spot.

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 15:45
Agreed. Fortounis is the top goal scorer in Greece ATM at probably took his foot off the gas.

Of our 3 strikers, Jonas is the only key player. Mitroglou has started the last couple of matches on the bench, but he is toe to toe with Jimenez for the other spot (the mexican striker that was bought from Atl Madrid) , since we play 95% of the time with two strikers.

Mind you, I`m not giving you my opinion on the subject but stating the facts. To me, Mitroglou is mutch better than Jiménez and should be a regular first team player.

But I have a feeling he will be crucial, when the tough games arrive in February and March for the league with OPorto and Sporting Lisbon  and for the champions league with Zenit . He seems to have the kind of personality that thrives under pressure.

More than that, he is the only player suited for the alternative 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 tactics, as the  central striker. But that would envolve benching Jonas...I dont think our manager would ever do that, other than within the circunstances of a particular game.

Faliro

Now you guys can probably relate to what I said before you signed him, if he was a yard faster, he would be one of the best strikers in Europe. I remember when he was younger, he was skinny and strong, but still amazingly slow. It was then I realized speed has nothing to do with weight or strength but genetics.

tiago_alexx

Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 18:11
Now you guys can probably relate to what I said before you signed him, if he was a yard faster, he would be one of the best strikers in Europe. I remember when he was younger, he was skinny and strong, but still amazingly slow. It was then I realized speed has nothing to do with weight or strength but genetics.

thats right. but,on the other hand,it also depends on the role u want him to play.if he plays as a CF with Jonas on his back then his speed is not the most important skill.

I have 2 questions for you ,our of curiosity : was he always ambidextrous or he developped it through all the years?
Does he always have that "i feel like not giving a single fuck" during the games ? =D

mrkx

Citação de: lost_paradise em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 16:39
Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 15:45

Of our 3 strikers, Jonas is the only key player. Mitroglou has started the last couple of matches on the bench, but he is toe to toe with Jimenez for the other spot (the mexican striker that was bought from Atl Madrid) , since we play 95% of the time with two strikers.

Mind you, I`m not giving you my opinion on the subject but stating the facts. To me, Mitroglou is mutch better than Jiménez and should be a regular first team player.

But I have a feeling he will be crucial, when the tough games arrive in February and March for the league with OPorto and Sporting Lisbon  and for the champions league with Zenit . He seems to have the kind of personality that thrives under pressure.

More than that, he is the only player suited for the alternative 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 tactics, as the  central striker. But that would envolve benching Jonas...I dont think our manager would ever do that, other than within the circunstances of a particular game.

I disagree with you.

Playing with Jonas and Mitroglou is like playing with two old strong safeties. One of them being a converted linebacker and the other being 34 year old Ed Reed. So basically, you just don't have enough speed and agression in the last third. Jimenez "runs", it's what he does, but his running opens up spaces. Mitroglou doesn't do the work that the Mexican does. Jimenez is the closest thing to Lima and Jonas has thrived with a more mobile striker, rather than a slower, less mobile one which won't make as many runs, chase as many balls, open up as many spaces.

Oporto and Sporting Lisbon:2funny:

Faliro

Citação de: tiago_alexx em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 18:18

thats right. but,on the other hand,it also depends on the role u want him to play.if he plays as a CF with Jonas on his back then his speed is not the most important skill.

I have 2 questions for you ,our of curiosity : was he always ambidextrous or he developped it through all the years?
Does he always have that "i feel like not giving a single fuck" during the games ? =D

Yes he has always had equally strong feet from the moment he signed for Olympiakos. He would often score two goals in game, one with the left, one with the right. His technique with either foot is exceptional.

As for the uninterested demeanour he has while playing, many many many Greek players have that and it drives everybody nuts. The look they have is like they are playing for free and have other commitments they sacrificed for the game.. Samaras, Fetfatzidis, Athanasiadis, Tzavellas all have the same face and body language when they play. It is ridiculous.

mrkx

Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 18:26
Yes he has always had equally strong feet from the moment he signed for Olympiakos. He would often score two goals in game, one with the left, one with the right. His technique with either foot is exceptional.

As for the uninterested demeanour he has while playing, many many many Greek players have that and it drives everybody nuts. The look they have is like they are playing for free and have other commitments they sacrificed for the game.. Samaras, Fetfatzidis, Athanasiadis, Tzavellas all have the same face and body language when they play. It is ridiculous.

That's because Greeks are meant to be philosophers, not footballers.

Faliro

All Greek footballers are existentialists except for Dellas who is as religious as Fernando Santos.

tiago_alexx

Citação de: tiago_alexx em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 18:18

yeh,quite the oppsoite of Samaris