Olympiacos Piraeus

lost_paradise

Citação de: mrkx em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 18:22
Citação de: lost_paradise em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 16:39
Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 15:45
Agreed. Fortounis is the top goal scorer in Greece ATM at probably took his foot off the gas.

Good ol mitroglou. Shame he can't secure a starting spot.
Of our 3 strikers, Jonas is the only key player. Mitroglou has started the last couple of matches on the bench, but he is toe to toe with Jimenez for the other spot (the mexican striker that was bought from Atl Madrid) , since we play 95% of the time with two strikers.

Mind you, I`m not giving you my opinion on the subject but stating the facts. To me, Mitroglou is mutch better than Jiménez and should be a regular first team player.

But I have a feeling he will be crucial, when the tough games arrive in February and March for the league with OPorto and Sporting Lisbon  and for the champions league with Zenit . He seems to have the kind of personality that thrives under pressure.

More than that, he is the only player suited for the alternative 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 tactics, as the  central striker. But that would envolve benching Jonas...I dont think our manager would ever do that, other than within the circunstances of a particular game.

I disagree with you.

Playing with Jonas and Mitroglou is like playing with two old strong safeties. One of them being a converted linebacker and the other being 34 year old Ed Reed. So basically, you just don't have enough speed and agression in the last third. Jimenez "runs", it's what he does, but his running opens up spaces. Mitroglou doesn't do the work that the Mexican does. Jimenez is the closest thing to Lima and Jonas has thrived with a more mobile striker, rather than a slower, less mobile one which won't make as many runs, chase as many balls, open up as many spaces.

Oporto and Sporting Lisbon:2funny:
In an ideal world you are right, describing  the type of player that fits Jonas characteristics so mutch more. In the real world, where we play 90% of times with weaker teams and on all of attacking mode, I completely disagree.

And Jiménez is no Lima so he is not doing any good to Jonas movement off the ball.

Yeah. OPorto and Sporting Lisbon, That`s the way they are known abroad. And we have to respect all foreigners, but mostly our friend Faliro. It`s poetic justice.

mrkx

Citação de: lost_paradise em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 19:27
Agreed. Fortounis is the top goal scorer in Greece ATM at probably took his foot off the gas.

Of our 3 strikers, Jonas is the only key player. Mitroglou has started the last couple of matches on the bench, but he is toe to toe with Jimenez for the other spot (the mexican striker that was bought from Atl Madrid) , since we play 95% of the time with two strikers.

Mind you, I`m not giving you my opinion on the subject but stating the facts. To me, Mitroglou is mutch better than Jiménez and should be a regular first team player.

But I have a feeling he will be crucial, when the tough games arrive in February and March for the league with OPorto and Sporting Lisbon  and for the champions league with Zenit . He seems to have the kind of personality that thrives under pressure.

More than that, he is the only player suited for the alternative 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 tactics, as the  central striker. But that would envolve benching Jonas...I dont think our manager would ever do that, other than within the circunstances of a particular game.

I disagree with you.

Playing with Jonas and Mitroglou is like playing with two old strong safeties. One of them being a converted linebacker and the other being 34 year old Ed Reed. So basically, you just don't have enough speed and agression in the last third. Jimenez "runs", it's what he does, but his running opens up spaces. Mitroglou doesn't do the work that the Mexican does. Jimenez is the closest thing to Lima and Jonas has thrived with a more mobile striker, rather than a slower, less mobile one which won't make as many runs, chase as many balls, open up as many spaces.

In an ideal world you are right, describing  the type of player that fits Jonas characteristics so mutch more. In the real world, where we play 90% of times with weaker teams and on all of attacking mode, I completely disagree.

And Jiménez is no Lima so he is not doing any good to Jonas movement off the ball.

Yeah. OPorto and Sporting Lisbon, That`s the way they are known abroad. And we have to respect all foreigners, but mostly our friend Faliro. It`s poetic justice.

Ironically, winning 9 out of 10 games, maybe proves you wrong. As well as Jonas scoring numbers - higher than with Lima. But who knows... maybe they'd be just as good or better with a guy taking up space in the middle.

Cloughie

Citação de: Faliro em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 18:30
All Greek footballers are existentialists except for Dellas who is as religious as Fernando Santos.

Traianos Dellas... Son of a...

lost_paradise

Citação de: mrkx em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 19:33
Citação de: lost_paradise em 12 de Janeiro de 2016, 19:27

I disagree with you.

Ironically, winning 9 out of 10 games, maybe proves you wrong. As well as Jonas scoring numbers - higher than with Lima. But who knows... maybe they'd be just as good or better with a guy taking up space in the middle.
Ironically, Mitroglou was in the lineup in Braga and Setúbal, two of the most impressive wins during that stretch, other than the Nacional game. But the real irony is that Mitroglou is the only striker that scored in big games against Atl Madrid and Sporting Lisbon.

To each his own.

Faliro

6-0 vs Chania in the cup today. I think there is a shot where you see Marco wanting to smile.  ::) Also lol@ how the announcer says 'Patjim Kasami.' Whenever Greeks talk in this funny accent I laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfd-YAUm8MY

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Janeiro de 2016, 22:12
6-0 vs Chania in the cup today. I think there is a shot where you see Marco wanting to smile.  ::) Also lol@ how the announcer says 'Patjim Kasami.' Whenever Greeks talk in this funny accent I laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfd-YAUm8MY
How would you rate the current team in terms of individual talent  in a 5 year span?

Is it the worse of the last 5 years?

Faliro

Overall, the best squad of players in the last 5 years I would say. Each position has fairly decent players.

However, we dont have a winger as good as Galletti was, we dont have a CB as good as Manolas, we dont have striker as good as Mitroglou, although Ideye does run far more and create more space for the midfielders. So we have downgraded individually, but overall, upgraded if that makes sense.

The big fun will happen when Aris and Larissa come back up to play! That is when we will have some sort of league again. The Greek league can be very fun and it will perhaps get there again. ATM the league is missing some fun teams. Aris were always fun to watch, whistle goes, they attack until the final whistle.

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Janeiro de 2016, 00:28
Overall, the best squad of players in the last 5 years I would say. Each position has fairly decent players.

However, we dont have a winger as good as Galletti was, we dont have a CB as good as Manolas, we dont have striker as good as Mitroglou, although Ideye does run far more and create more space for the midfielders. So we have downgraded individually, but overall, upgraded if that makes sense.

The big fun will happen when Aris and Larissa come back up to play! That is when we will have some sort of league again. The Greek league can be very fun and it will perhaps get there again. ATM the league is missing some fun teams. Aris were always fun to watch, whistle goes, they attack until the final whistle.
In terms of, lets say,top 5 individual talent is probably one of the worst, but including overall depth and squad balance is the best. Is that it?

Faliro

Correct. ^^ Very good depth. Also the management structure and scouting is very solid. We have security. We are like a 45 year old guy who just bought an Audi A8. Somewhat boring, but secure.

Bryan.

Portuguese press is getting insistent about Marco Silva leaving Greece this week for the Porto job.

Try to keep us on the loop of what the greek press is saying.  O0

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Janeiro de 2016, 00:48
Correct. ^^ Very good depth. Also the management structure and scouting is very solid. We have security. We are like a 45 year old guy who just bought an Audi A8. Somewhat boring, but secure.

For all the greek god`s sake. Tell us Marco Silva is secure and will not leave your club in the following days.

Bethinho

Olympiacos absolutely must not allow Marco Silva to go to that pig´s nest. >:(

Faliro

@Bryan, betinho and lost Paradise.

As far as MS leaving OSFP is concerned, it is a non issue and no one in Greece is discussing it. All rumours are coming from Portugal and the Greek press is not even commenting on the subject anymore. I think they are just trying to fill space in the papers.

mrkx

What are the budgets in Greece?

Olympiakos
PAO
AEK
PAOK

How much do the highest earners make? For instance, I was watching panathinaikos earlier today in an empty stadium, they had Essien...I didn't know he was still playing.  ;D

O0

Faliro

On average I would say around 1/3 of the budgets in Portugal. For example PAO only loan and acquire free players. They rarely buy players over €700,000. The league gets around €30 million a year to share through TV rights which is nothing compared to what was being shared before the crisis.

Here are the squad values:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/super-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GR1

Also the PAO stadium ban is still in affect.