Olympiacos Piraeus

20simao1

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:20
Citação de: 20simao1 em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:11
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 20:59
Citação de: 20simao1 em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 20:40
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 19:12
You know, in the history of Greece, no losing team has ever lost because they were shitter, its always because the game was fixed.  :tomates:

Olympiacos as an entity suffers because the teams around it are worse than Estoril - including the so called 'giants.' I just hope Tiger opens his tight pockets in the summer - AEK need a rebuild for Europe. Olympiacos will start in the 3rd Qualification round of the CL next season - will be tough. AEK will be up against a Prem or Spanish 4th finishing team also in the 3rd round - so they are straight to  Europa also most probably. Greek teams are roughly 70% as good as Belgian sides, in summer that falls to 50%.

From which place in the ranking does the Champion need to go to the pre-rounds to qualify, do you know?

Last time this happened in Portugal, i think it was when sporting lisbon were champions (so, really a long time ago...), and i'm seeing here  that by 2001 the tugão league was 10th. But the greek league hasnt been above that in recent years, and you're saying that to Olynpiakos  things only changed know, right? If so, maybe the rules have changed :huh:

I am not sure exactly. The post I am going off is from another forum. Here is the post:

CitaçãoNext year we will start on spot #13 with the following (dis)advantages:

#08 Ukraine -/- 12.633 + ??
#09 Belgium -/- 7.800 + ??
#10 Turkey -/- 7.000 + ??
#11 Switzerland -/- 6.475 + ??
#12 Czech Republic -/- 4.775 + ??
-------------------------------------
#14 Netherlands + 0.304
#15 Romania + 1.050
#16 Croatia + 1.975
#17 Austria + 4.125
#18 Sweden + 5.125

Must hope that teams like Sparta Prague, Basel and Fener get eliminated in the next round.

So, you dont know if you're really going to miss on Champions automatic qualification? :knuppel2:

No idea yet, I dont think anyone has been bothered to calculate it. You have to remove the earliest set of results from 5 years ago I think to re-calibrate and work out what our position will be for next season.

yes, but that's found easily :P

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2016.html

The question is  from which place that happens, as i was asking before. :)

Bethinho

Citação de: Festivus em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:17
Citação de: Bethinho em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:15
Marco´s main problema is having a goalkeeper named Roberto. :buck2:
who´s the reserve one?is he that bad? :huh:
Who knows. Jesus was starting Artur game after game while Oblak remained on the bench.

but we all know who Judas was,a very special coach that was even able to talk about painting and philosophy.

Faliro

Citação de: 20simao1 em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:23
You know, in the history of Greece, no losing team has ever lost because they were shitter, its always because the game was fixed.  :tomates:

Olympiacos as an entity suffers because the teams around it are worse than Estoril - including the so called 'giants.' I just hope Tiger opens his tight pockets in the summer - AEK need a rebuild for Europe. Olympiacos will start in the 3rd Qualification round of the CL next season - will be tough. AEK will be up against a Prem or Spanish 4th finishing team also in the 3rd round - so they are straight to  Europa also most probably. Greek teams are roughly 70% as good as Belgian sides, in summer that falls to 50%.

From which place in the ranking does the Champion need to go to the pre-rounds to qualify, do you know?

Last time this happened in Portugal, i think it was when sporting lisbon were champions (so, really a long time ago...), and i'm seeing here  that by 2001 the tugão league was 10th. But the greek league hasnt been above that in recent years, and you're saying that to Olynpiakos  things only changed know, right? If so, maybe the rules have changed :huh:

I am not sure exactly. The post I am going off is from another forum. Here is the post:

#14 Netherlands + 0.304
#15 Romania + 1.050
#16 Croatia + 1.975
#17 Austria + 4.125
#18 Sweden + 5.125

Must hope that teams like Sparta Prague, Basel and Fener get eliminated in the next round.

So, you dont know if you're really going to miss on Champions automatic qualification? :knuppel2:

No idea yet, I dont think anyone has been bothered to calculate it. You have to remove the earliest set of results from 5 years ago I think to re-calibrate and work out what our position will be for next season.

I would like to know this myself. To my knowledge the 11/12 results will not be used to calculate our position for next season.

20simao1

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:35

#14 Netherlands + 0.304
#15 Romania + 1.050
#16 Croatia + 1.975
#17 Austria + 4.125
#18 Sweden + 5.125

I would like to know this myself. To my knowledge the 11/12 results will not be used to calculate our position for next season.

The final classification for this season  determines your position in Europe in beginning of the 17/18 season, through next year's league.

I dont understand why those guys are talking about Basel, Sparta and Fener getting eliminated, since all greek teams are already out. Probably they're talking about next year's ranking, they're talking about the greek league overcoming them again.

At least the league is not as bad as the national team has been ;D
Losing both away and home to the Faroe Islands, and only winning one game  most probably because Hungary was pushing in the last few minutes in the last game of the campaign... that is a Kazakstan or something type record ^-^ (when they appeared. Because now they win matches)
Now you greek people think that Fernando Santos is some type of king, no?...

Faliro

^^ I think you are right. You can google translate this:

http://www.altsantiri.gr/sports/katataxi-uefa-oristika-stin-14i-thesi-i-ellada/

As for Greece and the NT...  :estrelas: :estrelas: :estrelas: The lack of talent...the lack of anyone caring.. the whole thing is a disaster.

20simao1

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:46

As for Greece and the NT...  :estrelas: :estrelas: :estrelas: The lack of talent...the lack of anyone caring.. the whole thing is a disaster.

So, two CL teams is until the 15th position then, according to that.
What i dont know is about one direct team

So, even after euro 2004 you dont care?

Faliro

Citação de: 20simao1 em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:52

And that is what I am curious about.  :confused:

CitaçãoSo, even after euro 2004 you dont care?

Of course I care. I have wasted days of my life arguing with idiots from around the world via the internet on how to improve the NT. I have championed players like Ninis and Fetfatzidis - neither of whom were either allowed to blossom or were consistent enough. I argued for years Manolas and K. Papadopoulos should be the two CBs over anyone and Sokratis. I spent years attacking katsouranis and Karagounis. I attacked Santos for defensive tactics, 3 dms every game. I wrote essays on how Samaras, Kone, Lazarus, Salpigidis, Katsouranis etc can't control the ball with one touch and need 2-3 touches to bring the ball under control. I attacked the Greek media for their support of shitty players. I wrote countless articles. I was addicted to the disaster, like a deranged addict.

I wasted years as I am sure many other Greeks did. Football is the ultimate advertisement. Of course me having a Greek Grandfather and being Christened Greek Orthodox I would want us to look better in a World Cup than a bunch of morons who look like they are playing football together for the first time. I even championed B-teams in Greece simply so younger players get game time.

And now? I finally dont give a shit. Yes I watch Greece when they play. I am not that cured. But only because I am curious. 2004 was an exception to the rule - I can't imagine it happening again for the forseable future. Greeks and their NT.. no real interest. I call most Greeks I see commies if I sense they are..Greece for me is a great place to have holidays and enjoy that beautiful summer the country has.. everything else.. for the birds as we say..

20simao1

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:53

Of course I care. I have wasted days of my life arguing with idiots from around the world via the internet on how to improve the NT. I have championed players like Ninis and Fetfatzidis - neither of whom were either allowed to blossom or were consistent enough. I argued for years Manolas and K. Papadopoulos should be the two CBs over anyone and Sokratis. I spent years attacking katsouranis and Karagounis. I attacked Santos for defensive tactics, 3 dms every game. I attacked the Greek media for their support of shitty players. I wrote countless articles. I was addicted to the disaster, like a deranged addict.

I wasted years as I am sure many other Greeks did. Football is the ultimate advertisement. Of course me having a Greek Grandfather and being Christened Greek Orthodox I would want us to look better in a World Cup than a bunch of morons who look like they are playing football together for the first time. I even championed B-teams in Greece simply so younger players get game time.

And now? I finally dont give a shit. Yes I watch Greece when they play. I am not that cured. But only because I am curious. 2004 was an exception to the rule - I can't imagine it happening again for the forseable future. Greeks and their NT.. no real interest. I call most Greeks I see commies if I sense they are..Greece for me is a great place to have holidays and enjoy that beautiful summer the country has.. everything else.. for the birds as we say..

i meant "you" like "you all" dont carying, like u said before ;D

lost_paradise

#14 Netherlands + 0.304
#15 Romania + 1.050
#16 Croatia + 1.975
#17 Austria + 4.125
#18 Sweden + 5.125

CitaçãoUEFA Country Ranking 2014 / 2015 will determine number of places allocated to associations for Champions League and Europa League in season 2016 / 2017

Read more: http://www.footballseeding.com/country-ranking/a2014-2015/

Greece finished 13º in 10-15 ranking that determines the 16-17 allocation. It`s always one year ahead. The drop from 12º to 13º changes the 1st place allocation.

So both 1st and 2nd place will have to go trought two qualifing rounds to reach champions league group stage. 2nd place will have to go against some top teams in the stronger leagues, if the playoff round is reached.

The coefficient ranking at the end of the current season, will determine the 17-18 team allocation.

Faliro

Citação de: 20simao1 em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 22:07
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:53

Of course I care. I have wasted days of my life arguing with idiots from around the world via the internet on how to improve the NT. I have championed players like Ninis and Fetfatzidis - neither of whom were either allowed to blossom or were consistent enough. I argued for years Manolas and K. Papadopoulos should be the two CBs over anyone and Sokratis. I spent years attacking katsouranis and Karagounis. I attacked Santos for defensive tactics, 3 dms every game. I attacked the Greek media for their support of shitty players. I wrote countless articles. I was addicted to the disaster, like a deranged addict.

i meant "you" like "you all" dont carying, like u said before ;D

Ahh ok.

Greeks don't care for the NT. Most NT crowds are 4000 -6000, even if we playing Italy or a bigger team. Greeks only like their individual clubs - they don't give a crap for the NT, never have done. Even after 2004/ Greeks are also incredibly racist. With such a fundamental lack of talent, you would think they would be more liberal. But even Xolebas (Greek surname) - who has a 100% Greek father - it took him over 2 years to get a Greek passport and if Greece ever lost, Greeks would swarm over him saying it was fault, he is not even Greek etc.. even though he was usually one of the best players.

Olympiacos in the recent past has questioned why everyone connected with the NT and most the players called are connected with PAO and PAOK and AEK. This had to do with excellent players like Stoltidis never getting called up and players like Tzavellas attacking Maniatis physically in training in Brazil. Also Karagounis refused to employ Michel for the Greek manager job and instead picked a manager who once coached PAO and PAOK called Markarian, who was less than shit. The NT dressing room is full of bullying and cliques. Like everything where there are more than one Greek in a room, there are egos, blackmailing, passive aggressive behaviour etc. 

20simao1

And yes, b-teams must have improved things, in Portugal. We had those in the beginning of the century, but they got scrapped

It's true that we had great results in 2004 and 2006, but we had Figo, Ronaldo... and other players from the previous generation.

Our NT consists of players in the latter stages of their careers, combined with young players  whom i (and a lot of us, surely) think is a great generation.

But the generation in between  doesnt have much players, u understand...

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 22:12
Ahh ok.

Greeks don't care for the NT. Most NT crowds are 4000 -6000, even if we playing Italy or a bigger team. Greeks only like their individual clubs - they don't give a crap for the NT, never have done. Even after 2004/

Olympiacos in the recent past has questioned why everyone connected with the NT and most the players called are connected with PAO and PAOK and AEK. This had to do with excellent players like Stoltidis never getting called up and players like Tzavellas attacking Maniatis physically in training in Brazil. Also Karagounis refused to employ Michel for the Greek manager job and instead picked a manager who once coached PAO and PAOK called Markarian, who was less than shit. The NT dressing room is full of bullying and cliques. Like everything where there are more than one Greek in a room, there are egos, blackmailing, passive aggressive behaviour etc. 

Well, regarding that.. in here a lot of us dont "like" the NT as much as our clubes, but the younger generation and the girls go to the NT matches :P

Things changed after euro 2004, the NT is more popular after that atmosphere, let's say.
But i dont care if they changed :P lol

Faliro

Citação de: lost_paradise em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 22:09

#14 Netherlands + 0.304
#15 Romania + 1.050
#16 Croatia + 1.975
#17 Austria + 4.125
#18 Sweden + 5.125

CitaçãoUEFA Country Ranking 2014 / 2015 will determine number of places allocated to associations for Champions League and Europa League in season 2016 / 2017

Greece finished 13º in 10-15 ranking that determines the 16-17 allocation. It`s always one year ahead. The drop from 12º to 13º changes the 1st place allocation.

So both 1st and 2nd place will have to go trought two qualifing rounds to reach champions league group stage. 2nd place will have to go against some top teams in the stronger leagues, if the playoff round is reached.

The coefficient ranking at the end of the current season, will determine the 17-18 team allocation.

Thank you Lost_paradise and this is what I said was the case at the beginning. We have to qualify in the third qual round.

20simao1

Citação de: lost_paradise em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 22:09

#14 Netherlands + 0.304
#15 Romania + 1.050
#16 Croatia + 1.975
#17 Austria + 4.125
#18 Sweden + 5.125

Faliro, so it seems Olympiakos will have to play Skenderbeu or something next summer, as well. Because in 2015 Greece were 13th as well

Faliro

Bizarrely Greeks love their Basketball NT.. ok they have had more success, but still.. When I was a boy Basketball was still a bigger sport in Greece than football.

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Fevereiro de 2016, 22:12
Ahh ok.

Greeks don't care for the NT. Most NT crowds are 4000 -6000, even if we playing Italy or a bigger team. Greeks only like their individual clubs - they don't give a crap for the NT, never have done. Even after 2004/

This is a cultural thing. In Portugal national team until the yearly 90`s, players would come to national team wearing their clubs jersey and in the 80`s there was no unity or common goal. The locker room was divided by factions and several groups with Benfica players to one side, Porto to other and Sporting the same.

In the 60`s that did not happen simply because Benfica was the national team, duo to the fact that Benfica was exclusively formed by portuguese players and the better ones that reached 5 champions league finals and won two of them.

In Spain it was the same thing until 2006. Real and Barça players were not united in national team.

You need some respected high character guy to coach the national team to unity and create a common goal that enables to eradicate most the problems you describe.

What is strange is that your nation won the euro 2004. That should be sufficient to change  the mentality and mindset of representing the national team.