Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Red Eyes em 23 de Junho de 2016, 16:11
Faliro must still be in shock! I picture him with buggy eyes, opening and closing his dead silent mouth, just like a fish out of water.

Don't expect him to post here for a whole week... :-X

How did you know??  :huh:

I have been in a darkened room since I heard the news playing this song on full volume over and over..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLiVwpv89s

No but seriously speaking, I was not shocked at all. I will give you a free lesson on the Greek psyche which you will see first-hand if ever you visit Greece. Greeks live in a world where islands sink back into the sea and earthquakes level cities. Greeks have seen almost every tribe in Europe and a couple from Asia come in and take over. Everyone just gets on with it until the invaders leave.. and then still - unchanged.. the Greeks just get on with it as before.. Football fans - especially Olympiacos are used to seeing our star players leave during pre-season training..managers come and go like birds on a tree.. the shortest ever stint of a manger is not even that remembered in Greece because it happens so often.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikos_Alefantos Greek's resilience is matched only by their capacity for complete ambivalence.. That is why my favourite Greek saying is 'as one man's beard is on fire, the man next to him lights a cigarette.:rir:

So to this bizarre event. Seems Marco Silva left because of personal reasons.. it is said he resigned.. I am sure more gossip will come out and as soon as I hear anything I will post it. I rated him at around 65/100 at Olympiacos. Steady if unspectacular. Some of his selections were obviously a little off - especially in key games. However he was a gentleman and professional.  That is why I was a little annoyed that Silva was signing players like Diogo Figueiras when I wasn't 100% convinced he would be staying.

Now what is interesting is that it was announced 6 hours ago that Marco Silva had resigned by Olympiacos. 10 minutes later Victor Sanchez was announced as new coach.  :o Now Victor Sanchez is an excellent coach, while Michel was in charge - apparently it was Victor Sanchez selecting the 11 even though he was the assistant and Michel was more of the man motivator. Sanchez for me is an excellent coach.  Not only did it take Olympiacos 10 minutes to agree with Victor Sanchez after Silva left- he started coaching the team which is in Austria immediately!!!  This tells me something strange was happening.

Here is Victor Sanchez training the team today (36 minutes ago!!!):

Cloughie

Faliro

If you guys remember, when Michel was sacked I posted a poll that showed most fans wanted him to stay. This is the latest poll on whether Olympiacos did well not to try and keep Marco Silva at Olympiacos - most agree that Olympiacos did well not to insist he stayed:

Citação de: Cloughie em 23 de Junho de 2016, 19:15
You guys are crazy as fuck. :rir:

Seems Marco decided to leave on the 21st but Olympiacos didn't announce it until today. Quite clever. Also if Marco goes to Forest it will be 100% because Marinakis set up the deal. Marinakis already negotiated Vellios to go to Forest.

Here are the latest pics of Sanchez:

Looks a bit like Marco Silva in this pic:

Cloughie

Marco appears to rejected Forest and I don't blame him.
2nd tier team, crazy owners and he needs a better challenge, right now.

Faliro

Citação de: Cloughie em 23 de Junho de 2016, 21:05

It is not clear at this point if the rumours are true that Marinakis secretly acquired 80% of Forest.

Cloughie

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Junho de 2016, 21:09
Citação de: Cloughie em 23 de Junho de 2016, 21:05

It is not clear at this point if the rumours are true that Marinakis secretly acquired 80% of Forest.

81%*
But it appears to be secure.
The only question is how much Fawaz Al-Hasawi will want to get the hell out of there.

Faliro

I have no idea if it is even true. Everything I have read about it has come from non-Olympiacos media.

One must remember Marinakis lives a lot of the year in the UK and went to university there also. Forest has huge potential as its history is greater than most Premiership clubs. I think if any of this is true Marinakis will seek to raise the club to the premiership immediately to raise the value of the club.

Schweisen Tiger

Maybe it's time for you to consider stop supporting Olympiakos, and start to support a more reliable team. Maybe PAO...

Schweisen Tiger

Just shitting...you're all crazy as fucks....

IloveSLB2014

Faliro, I'm calm now that I know he's not going to Porto.

Marco is my idol in respect of coaches.

View Marco in Benfica is what I most desire in the future, not now, I'm satisfied with Rui Vitória.

Olympiakos looses the best manager of this decade and  gets a manager that is not so good as marco is.

Olympiakos is that is lost, gets a Spaniard on the edge of Marco is not nothing.

You're going to miss him

Faliro

Well he did not impress me as much as Vitor Pereira if I am 100% honest. You must remember at Olympiacos we have had excellent coaches like Valverde and not so good coaches like Zico. So we can really compare the differences considering we have had 16 coaches in the last 10 years. I liked Silva, but I saw nothing to say he was the best coach at even Olympiacos in the last 5 years.

Covenant

But months ago you said that VP did not impress you...

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 23 de Junho de 2016, 23:29
But months ago you said that VP did not impress you...

Actually I believe I was asked who was better and I said I preferred Vitor slightly over Marco Silva and Jardim I believe. I think I went through all 3 and said VP fires up the players the best and in a crunch game I would take VP. I have no idea how to use the search function on this forum, but I think I remember comparing all 3 when someone asked me on here.

Cloughie

Faliro, if I'm sure you said, at that time, that Marco was better than Vitor and, Jardim.

Faliro

Perhaps but I remember saying in a must win game I would take VP. I have made far too many posts on this forum so I have no idea when I said that. If you can use the search to find the post, we may be able to see it.

Now that I can judge as he has finished his stint, I can say out of the 3 Portuguese coaches Olympiacos has had - VP is the most superior. He motivates the players the best. All 3 I would put behind Michel. Valverde is probably the best technician but he was stubborn and the games sometimes boring. For example he didn't like Mitroglou when he was clearly the best striker we had. Takis Lemonis was a very good coach also.. but he was Greek so nearly everyone didn't respect him.