Olympiacos Piraeus

Chilimili

My bet is Olympiakos won't miss Marco Silva.

Overrated coach IMO.

Victor Sanchez looks promising.

Covenant

Marco is overrated... But Sanchez is good. ;D

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 24 de Junho de 2016, 07:47

I am not sure what is funny. All Michel's success was down to Sanchez picking the team each time and he was far more popular than Silva/Jardim/VP/Ketsbaia etc. Sanchez works the players hard in training, he knows the Greek game inside out - as a player and as a trainer. One of the major reasons Michel found life tough in Marseille was because he didn't have Sanchez picking the 11.

I have no idea if Marco will coach Benfica one day, but as I said before, we saw nothing exceptional from him in Greece. Good decent coach? He is. Genius or maverick? Not that we saw.

Covenant

Yeah, yeah... His curriculum is being fired from Deportivo.

Two wins in the last 22 games.

IloveSLB2014

Sei que isto é para falar em Inglês, mas Faliro, o Marco É UM TREINADOR DO CARALHO

pcssousa

Marco arrived from Austria yesterday.

Bryan.

Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2016, 07:52

I am not sure what is funny. All Michel's success was down to Sanchez picking the team each time and he was far more popular than Silva/Jardim/VP/Ketsbaia etc. Sanchez works the players hard in training, he knows the Greek game inside out - as a player and as a trainer. One of the major reasons Michel found life tough in Marseille was because he didn't have Sanchez picking the 11.

I have no idea if Marco will coach Benfica one day, but as I said before, we saw nothing exceptional from him in Greece. Good decent coach? He is. Genius or maverick? Not that we saw.

I personally hate that kind of reasoning.

Porto also tried to convince everyone that their treble (including Europa League win) was all down to the assistant Vitor Pereira and that André Villas-Boas didn't actually do much, when AVB left for Chelsea.

I'm not saying it's not true either with Michel or Villas-Boas but I find it very convenient and incredibly distasteful.

Michel and André Villas-Boas are both more accomplished than their assistants so far.

I don't want to know one-sided pseudo-truths about what went on behind the scenes. Only they know.

Faliro

Citação de: Bryan. em 26 de Junho de 2016, 22:34
Citação de: Faliro em 24 de Junho de 2016, 07:52

I personally hate that kind of reasoning.

Porto also tried to convince everyone that their treble (including Europa League win) was all down to the assistant Vitor Pereira and that André Villas-Boas didn't actually do much, when AVB left for Chelsea.

I'm not saying it's not true either with Michel or Villas-Boas but I find it very convenient and incredibly distasteful.

Michel and André Villas-Boas are both more accomplished than their assistants so far.

I don't want to know one-sided pseudo-truths about what went on behind the scenes. Only they know.

Well hate is a very strong word. We do know he was selecting sides as nothing in Greece is a secret, it is not based on speculation. Also his training regimes are very good. What we hope is that he is a good motivator like Michel which is another skill.

In other news..

Looks like we have wrapped up Alberto de la Bella who is a left back and remember we have Diogo Figueiras as our right back. Leandro Salino was released.

13,000 season tickets sold so far.

cristao69

Juve will loan Leali to Olympiakos.

Excelent choice by the club, bet the fans will enjoy this keeper cause he have a lot of potencial.

Faliro

Once again..just goes to show the knowledge of Benfica fans. ^^ I had no idea who this guy is.

He signed just now - think it is a loan. On his way already to join the team in Belgium.

Some more recent media.

First full Sanchez interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLeEHjEjriI

Training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFx9O4zu4TQ

Also congrats to Portugal for reaching the final.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Julho de 2016, 23:24
Once again..just goes to show the knowledge of Benfica fans. ^^ I had no idea who this guy is.

He signed just now - think it is a loan. On his way already to join the team in Belgium.

Some more recent media.

First full Sanchez interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLeEHjEjriI

Training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFx9O4zu4TQ

Also congrats to Portugal for reaching the final.
Cristão knows him quite well because he's not only a Benfiquista but also a Juventino.

Faliro

Citação de: cristao69 em 06 de Julho de 2016, 22:44

Juve will loan Leali to Olympiakos.

Excelent choice by the club, bet the fans will enjoy this keeper cause he have a lot of potencial.

You think there is a buy-out clause?

cristao69

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Julho de 2016, 23:24

Yes, it'as a loan.

Oli will have the option to buy in, and Juve will have the option to bring him back.

Maybe tomorrow we will know the numbers...

If everythng goes normal, he will be number 1 (honestly don´t know who are the other's Oli keepers) and he will show the qualities that in Italy a lot of people see in him.

And finally will have a oportnity in a major club, he deserves it and it's a good oportunity to Juventus see if he have que quality to be a Buffon sucessor in the nearly future, because it's was for that they bought him.

Cloughie

"Not only" :rir: :rir: :rir: :rir:
He's a Juventus fan who insulted Benfica and its history a couple of times.

About Leali, he had potencial when Rubentus bought him. Now I believe that he's kind of stagnant.

Festivus

I think it's safe to say that Faliro will be on our side in the Euro final  :angel: