Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: sammer em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:38
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:35
Citação de: sammer em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:26
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 00:01
Citação de: Bryan. em 19 de Fevereiro de 2017, 22:27
Mitroglou just wrote another huge page of his history here. :)

I saw the first half and the 'offside goal' plus the near miss just over the bar. He is in high form.

I really miss at Olympiacos.

It's a shame you can't have the best Cardozo.

It is. He is finished now. Missed so many chances. We fought so hard to get him too.. :estrelas:

He was really great, but he wasn't the same after that injury. He was slow but he turned even more slow and without the same skill to be in the right place to finish. And to be honest i think the other players aren't so smart as he is and didn't understand what he needs, what turns him situation even worse.

Could be. We have China knocking on the door now for him and I think his 2 goals in 25 games for us will be enough to move him on..

sammer

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:41
Citação de: sammer em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:38
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:35
Citação de: sammer em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:26

I saw the first half and the 'offside goal' plus the near miss just over the bar. He is in high form.

It's a shame you can't have the best Cardozo.

It is. He is finished now. Missed so many chances. We fought so hard to get him too.. :estrelas:

He was really great, but he wasn't the same after that injury. He was slow but he turned even more slow and without the same skill to be in the right place to finish. And to be honest i think the other players aren't so smart as he is and didn't understand what he needs, what turns him situation even worse.

Could be. We have China knocking on the door now for him and I think his 2 goals in 25 games for us will be enough to move him on..

I shouldn't say this about my favourite player, but it would be the best for you. I don't know how much you spent on him, but try to sell him for a reasonable price.

JDiogo20

Before I heard more about AEK maybe because of Fernando Santos or the games I played. Thanks for clarifying that Faliro.

Marado

Katsouranis said today on portuguese radio station Antena1 that Kostas Mitroglou is the best Greek player of the present time. He also said and i quote "Each year that passes the fans will see a Mitroglou to play better. He is a very good player. He scores goals and gives assists, so it's really good"

Faliro

Citação de: Marado em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 16:22
Katsouranis said today on portuguese radio station Antena1 that Kostas Mitroglou is the best Greek player of the present time. He also said and i quote "Each year that passes the fans will see a Mitroglou to play better. He is a very good player. He scores goals and gives assists, so it's really good"

I said from day 1 Benfica fans will be more impressed with Mitroglou - than the other Greeks you have had at your club.  :blah:

Marado

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 16:34
Citação de: Marado em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 16:22

I said from day 1 Benfica fans will be more impressed with Mitroglou - than the other Greeks you have had at your club.  :blah:
Karagounis, Katsouranis and Fyssas where good consistent players that helped balance our squad and starting lineups. They were reliable, fan friendly and loyal. Trademarks of a good human being. Fyssas even playing for season and a half or Karagounis for two seasons left there mark at the club, Fyssas gave a most needed stability to our left side of defense that over many years was always our weak spot of your defense and Karagounis with some memorable long-range goals and assists. In Katsouranis last season he was named "Benfica Player of the Year" he was also captain a number of times. How can you not love these players, fan favorites.

T1n0_SLB

We have been having good luck with greeek players.

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:09
Citação de: cipri_slb em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:03
Citação de: NicoGaitan10 em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 14:10
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 12:06
Citação de: Covenant em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 11:52

See the goal.

Olympiakos was tired yesterday, probably.

Yea, saw the goal, it was epic.

As for Olympiacos, we are just not the same attacking force we once were. Galletti, Mirallas, Stelios, Castillo, Weiss are a couple a levels above Seba and Elanoussi..

What did you expect when playing former Estoril players like Sebá or finished players like Cardozo and Cambiasso (last year) when you used to have Manolas, Mirallas, Mitroglou and Masuaku.

Your players are terrible for a club of your reputation and size, just take a look at your fullbacks nowadays. Even Holebas and Elab who are nothing special look amazing compared to Figueiras.

It's mostly because of the downgrade in the greek football , some years ago Olympiacos, Panathinaikos and AEK would have a tough fight for the championship , it was a competitive league and apart of the money, competition it's what more attracts the players and ofc with the competition there's the fight between clubs to get the best players, the clubs like Panathinaikos and AEK started having a serious financial troubles and now Olympiacos for many years has no competition, it made the club reduce their budget, because why buying caviar when they can win the championship with sardines? I understand the most important it's seeing our club winning because for the quality of the football it's also important to have strong competition inside, that's my opinion.

Your opinion is correct. It is not even opinion - it is fact. Not only did AEK go bankrupt recently and get relegated for the first time in their history - PAO also went bankrupt and were saved only by a messy package Alafouzos put together. Larissa (former Super League winner) also went down to the lower leagues as did Aris. The heart was ripped out the league.

On a positive note.. all be it .. it is what it is.. Larissa and AEK are now back in the SL (AEK came back up last season and AEL this season) - AEK with one of the richest men in the med. Aris should be back next year - with Apollon. This will help.

One of the most tragic thing about Greek football however is not even the shitty players - it is the shitty stadia. I have often got into debates with other Greeks on this, but I truly believe the minute AEK build their new stadium, the league instantly improves 20%.

How is it going?

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 17:19
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:09
Citação de: cipri_slb em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 15:03
Citação de: NicoGaitan10 em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 14:10
Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 12:06
Citação de: Covenant em 20 de Fevereiro de 2017, 11:52

See the goal.

Olympiakos was tired yesterday, probably.

Yea, saw the goal, it was epic.

As for Olympiacos, we are just not the same attacking force we once were. Galletti, Mirallas, Stelios, Castillo, Weiss are a couple a levels above Seba and Elanoussi..

What did you expect when playing former Estoril players like Sebá or finished players like Cardozo and Cambiasso (last year) when you used to have Manolas, Mirallas, Mitroglou and Masuaku.

Your players are terrible for a club of your reputation and size, just take a look at your fullbacks nowadays. Even Holebas and Elab who are nothing special look amazing compared to Figueiras.

It's mostly because of the downgrade in the greek football , some years ago Olympiacos, Panathinaikos and AEK would have a tough fight for the championship , it was a competitive league and apart of the money, competition it's what more attracts the players and ofc with the competition there's the fight between clubs to get the best players, the clubs like Panathinaikos and AEK started having a serious financial troubles and now Olympiacos for many years has no competition, it made the club reduce their budget, because why buying caviar when they can win the championship with sardines? I understand the most important it's seeing our club winning because for the quality of the football it's also important to have strong competition inside, that's my opinion.

Your opinion is correct. It is not even opinion - it is fact. Not only did AEK go bankrupt recently and get relegated for the first time in their history - PAO also went bankrupt and were saved only by a messy package Alafouzos put together. Larissa (former Super League winner) also went down to the lower leagues as did Aris. The heart was ripped out the league.

On a positive note.. all be it .. it is what it is.. Larissa and AEK are now back in the SL (AEK came back up last season and AEL this season) - AEK with one of the richest men in the med. Aris should be back next year - with Apollon. This will help.

One of the most tragic thing about Greek football however is not even the shitty players - it is the shitty stadia. I have often got into debates with other Greeks on this, but I truly believe the minute AEK build their new stadium, the league instantly improves 20%.

How is it going?

Bogged down in politics. The Syriza mayor of Nea Filadelfeia (severe irony - AEK fans are hardcore leftists and vote SYRIZA on reflex  :buck2:) - is against the project. AEK fans - instead of accepting that - have said he is owned by Marinakis.. Marinakis has as much to do with anything SYRIZA as Trump does with Black Lives Matter..

The mayor has been slowing down the process and is openly against the stadium. SYRIZA in general want the AEK owner to be put in jail for corruption and were campaigning for his imprisonment even before they got into power.. However AEK seem to be getting there slowly. AEK fans are now trying to take him to court for illegal delay tactics. SYRIZA in general hate private infrastructure projects and block anything they can. AEK have the plans submitted - now the council of the area is fighting the height of the stadium - still saying the stadium should be built somewhere else..  :crazy2: Money is there, construction can start tomorrow - the problem is the local council.

Faliro

Apparently we just sold our starting striker Ideye to the Chinese Tianjin TEDA F.C. for around €10 million. He turned up to Rentis today to say goodbye. There is no confirmation but Ideye's manager said marinakis did not want to sell Ideye:

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/1049798/manatzer-intege-sto-gazzettagr-den-ithele-na-poylisei-ton-intege-o-marinakis

Covenant

Faliro

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

0-3

Apparently the Turks have not lost at home all season. The whole place is a bastion for Turkish nationalism.  :rir:

I never thought I would see the day of Olympiacos playing three 18-19 year olds in the knock out stages of the Europa Cup.  :estrelas: :estrelas:

Marinaki said this week - Bento is the greatest coach to ever come to Olympiacos concerning youth development.

Cloughie

He likes to play with the youth and does a good work on that.
He lacks the rest but with the difference between Olympiakos and the rest of the teams, that's not very important.

Faliro

He lacks the attacking I desire but we cannot have everything. Who would want to play for olympiacos anyway who is worth over 10 million?

Anyways.. this one felt good.

RodriE