Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Bryan. em 30 de Maio de 2017, 19:27
Vitor Pereira just relegated 1860 Munchen to the 3.Liga.

Pedro Martins being mentioned for us..
Waiting on Pellegrino.
Happy with Lemonis.

EDIT: Pellegrino just said no. It is now between Pedro Martins and Razvan Lucescu - neither of which are better than Lemonis imo.

Bryan.

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2017, 22:01

Waiting on Pellegrino.
Happy with Lemonis.

EDIT: Pellegrino just said no. It is now between Pedro Martins and Razvan Lucescu - neither of which are better than Lemonis imo.

It's Pedro Martins according to our press.

Pedro Martins is a weird one, exactly like our Rui Vitória: he doesn't look like a great coach, his teams don't look like teams from a great coach, but he keeps overachieving.

Faliro

Citação de: Bryan. em 30 de Maio de 2017, 23:06
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Maio de 2017, 22:01

Waiting on Pellegrino.
Happy with Lemonis.

It's Pedro Martins according to our press.

Pedro Martins is a weird one, exactly like our Rui Vitória: he doesn't look like a great coach, his teams don't look like teams from a great coach, but he keeps overachieving.

Sounds exactly like what we don't want.

Festivus

Pedro Martins was being rumoured as the next Porto coach. I guess those rumours have been shot down?

Faliro, do greeks care about other sports besides football and basketball?

Baron_Davis

another "tuga" on erasmus @atenas

good luck with this one

don't expect exciting football or overwhelming performances

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 31 de Maio de 2017, 00:07
Pedro Martins was being rumoured as the next Porto coach. I guess those rumours have been shot down?

Faliro, do greeks care about other sports besides football and basketball?

Yea, quite a few are interested in water polo and a fair few in athletics. Volleyball is also quite popular. Many Greeks are also fascinated by martial arts. There is an abundance of MMA studios in Greece. However the most popular is still this one. Notice the smooth milk adding action:

Here is their stadium:

Faliro

Citação de: Baron_Davis em 31 de Maio de 2017, 00:11
another "tuga" on erasmus @atenas

good luck with this one

don't expect exciting football or overwhelming performances

I really hope it is just the Panathinaïkos owned media making it up.

Festivus

Ofc you'd like fighting sports. I mean you invented greco-roman wrestling.

We only care about football and futsal here. We're a roller hockey superpower but I doubt many follow the sport, let alone play it. Lots of people seem to play basketbal, volleyball, rugby or handball when they're kids/teenagers but almost no one follows the professional leagues of those sports here.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 31 de Maio de 2017, 00:18

We only care about football and futsal here. We're a roller hockey superpower but I doubt many follow the sport, let alone play it. Lots of people seem to play basketbal, volleyball, rugby or handball when they're kids/teenagers but almost no one follows the professional leagues of those sports here.

You can't underestimate how much Greeks like fighting sports - but actually partaking - not so much watching. There 100s of these in Athens:

Also you have to remember Greeks still have to do military service. Helps to keep fit and all greeks like a fight. The only scars I have on my body are from a fight with 2 Greeks. Greeks suit Basketball just because they are a big race and when we won the Euro basketball - the Greek government built a basketball court in every school.  Roller hockey I had never heard of before I joined this forum.

Talking of Athens, a shitty pop video is very popular at the moment. The video is very good simply because it shows downtown Athens - a place Greeks rarely show the world - a place that I love - but others seek to hide. Anyways enjoy the degradation but deep beauty of one of the old centres of Athens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPX43SfFu0A

Faliro

Fucking shit.. Very close to Pedro Martins now.

Pedro if you reading this - say no. Or read the last few 100 pages of this thread to see what will happen to you..

teps

Nice new kit, sponsorless it´s even better!

Faliro

Citação de: teps em 01 de Junho de 2017, 10:53
Nice new kit, sponsorless it´s even better!

I really like the new home kit teps. The away kit - not so keen.

Faliro

Olympiacos just hired Argentine Armando Mario Husillos (ex Malaga) as Sports Director for the club.

caocomasas

Pedro Martins will do a good job. Not better than Marco Silva but a lot better than Paulo Bento

Faliro

Citação de: Faliro em 31 de Maio de 2017, 00:28
Citação de: Festivus em 31 de Maio de 2017, 00:18

You can't underestimate how much Greeks like fighting sports - but actually partaking - not so much watching. There 100s of these in Athens:

Also you have to remember Greeks still have to do military service. Helps to keep fit and all greeks like a fight. The only scars I have on my body are from a fight with 2 Greeks. Greeks suit Basketball just because they are a big race and when we won the Euro basketball - the Greek government built a basketball court in every school.  Roller hockey I had never heard of before I joined this forum.

Talking of Athens, a shitty pop video is very popular at the moment. The video is very good simply because it shows downtown Athens - a place Greeks rarely show the world - a place that I love - but others seek to hide. Anyways enjoy the degradation but deep beauty of one of the old centres of Athens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPX43SfFu0A

The parody of this video ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChJUtQ-BD9U

:2funny: