Olympiacos Piraeus

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Fevereiro de 2018, 17:23
We are just full of shit players these days.

I have noticed it myself. There is a lot of imbalance in the team. And I feel like football agents are working against Olympiacos in cahoots with your board and bringing over shitty players.

Anyway, this is how they take penalties at Partizan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETps6YQ6RnI

Faliro

Not much I can do about it file. I didn't want Hasi for fucks sakes. The club needs a rebirth.

We always did just enough to beat everyone else, now they have caught up. The minute AEK get their new stadium (they are putting down cement as a type this), it will be harder. The minute PAOK get theirs - even harder. Our big advantage was we had money and we had the best stadium in Greece. Now AEK has an owner who is worth over 3 billion.. Savvidis - also very rich - and soon they will both have state-of-the-art stadia..

At the moment we are not even in a CL spot.

StellaRojas

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 01:24
Not much I can do about it file. I didn't want Hasi for fucks sakes. The club needs a rebirth.

We always did just enough to beat everyone else, now they have caught up. The minute AEK get their new stadium (they are putting down cement as a type this), it will be harder. The minute PAOK get theirs - even harder. Our big advantage was we had money and we had the best stadium in Greece. Now AEK has an owner who is worth over 3 billion.. Savvidis - also very rich - and soon they will both have state-of-the-art stadia..

On a positive note, though, the fact that Olympiacos had no rival in Greece made it impossible for the club to make a breakthrough in Europe or to grow in any way. Simply enough, healthy competition is needed for a progress. That is the main reason why PSG can splash billions but they will never win the CL because they are playing in the worst of the top five leagues where no one can rival them. I would embrace even something like the Regional league in the Balkans.

TFFS

I saw Olympiakos' game last weekend... totally controlled by Atromitos. I was used to see Oly smashing in every internal match. You really need new blood in your team.

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 11:09
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 01:24

On a positive note, though, the fact that Olympiacos had no rival in Greece made it impossible for the club to make a breakthrough in Europe or to grow in any way. Simply enough, healthy competition is needed for a progress. That is the main reason why PSG can splash billions but they will never win the CL because they are playing in the worst of the top five leagues where no one can rival them. I would embrace even something like the Regional league in the Balkans.

The league is evolving as we speak. I actually believe the Greek league has some potential. Not much, but a bit. AEK, PAOK and Oly will soon all have new stadia. We have a culture of Spanish managers. Greek youth is usually very good and Greek players are now for the first time getting big transfers - Retsos, Manolas etc. The league is improving and soon we will have video refs from next season.

I have still not given up on this season, but we seem to lack key players in every part of the pitch.

Faliro

Citação de: TFFS em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 11:13
I saw Olympiakos' game last weekend... totally controlled by Atromitos. I was used to see Oly smashing in every internal match. You really need new blood in your team.

Exactly what I saw. BTW the Atromitos manager is exceptionally good. Damir Canadi is his name, he knew exactly what to do.

TFFS

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 13:42

Exactly what I saw. BTW the Atromitos manager is exceptionally good. Damir Canadi is his name, he knew exactly what to do.
that kind of positivity and offensive (also good defending) teams are not usual in Greece. I saw 3/4 matches in which Atromitos played this season and yes, they play interesting football.

Would be a good coach to revive Olympiakos next season.

Faliro

Citação de: TFFS em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 13:57
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Fevereiro de 2018, 13:42

that kind of positivity and offensive (also good defending) teams are not usual in Greece. I saw 3/4 matches in which Atromitos played this season and yes, they play interesting football.

Would be a good coach to revive Olympiakos next season.

Problem for me is that we have done this before. We got a very good coach at a lower team and they play very defensive when they come to Olympiacos and the fans hate them.  We need a coach all out attack. Now here is the problem. We no longer have the players to do this and all the other teams have improved - so have their facilities.

On a positive note - the Olympiacos board is already planning the rebirth during the summer. Transfers, releasing players etc. It is being done right as I speak. We do not want to reach summer and then start looking, it is being planned now. Garcia has been asked who he wants to keep and what he needs and they are busy doing that. I doubt they have written off this season yet - but it seems Olympiacos' head is already in the summer to make sure this doesn't happen again. We have to be able to nuke teams 4-0. At the minute we can't and our defence is terrible to boot..

Calcio

I'm pretty hyped to see Oly's mercado this summer. Hopefully it isn't depressing, like ours.

Godescalco

It seems Olympiakos is bound to lose the title after so many years. One day it would have to happen.

Let's see if you can rebound next year or if PAOK and AEK can keep up their game.

Cloughie

9 points behind with 24 to go is a gigantic gap.
A new champ will be crowned... and probably Olympiacos will not make the Champions League either.

Faliro

Citação de: Cloughie em 20 de Fevereiro de 2018, 03:38
9 points behind with 24 to go is a gigantic gap.
A new champ will be crowned... and probably Olympiacos will not make the Champions League either.

Don't forget for a second the ridiculous playoff system the Greek league has after the league has finished. We will have a chance through there.

Citação de: Gottschalk em 19 de Fevereiro de 2018, 23:20
It seems Olympiakos is bound to lose the title after so many years. One day it would have to happen.

Let's see if you can rebound next year or if PAOK and AEK can keep up their game.

Yes friend, it was bound to happen. Amazing it has not happened sooner. Olympiacos has AEK/PAOK/PAO against them - these three clubs even used to give joint statements against Olympiacos last year. The Greek PM is a PAO supporter. The Greek prosecutor's office is populated by PAO fans who have even been to PAO games as guests of PAO presidents. Most the media in Greece is anti Olympiacos. We have done well to get this far. However this season - a mediocre team just could not cut it. PAOK and AEK have their shit together and I can't see either getting as weak as they were before for many years. Add to the mix we may have Aris back next year in the Super League:

I think the Greek league will now start to get more powerful again. There is a good product there and it will now start to emerge more. These new stadia will help attract better players too. In the next 5 season say... There will be a new Toumba (construction starts in the summer - they will move to the Kaftanzoglio from next season as a result), a New AEK Stadium (being built now), Aris will be back with their good stadium, Xanthi has a decent stadium - by Greek standards... PAO will still have their shithole - Larissa have a great new stadium even though their fans hate it.. That is at least 7 stadiums - including the Karaiskaki - that look good on TV. That will help remove the image of these types of Greek stadium:

It seems the Greeks have subconsciously decided the future of football is high quality boutique stadia that look great on TV. AEK could have had a 50k stadium down the road in Ano Liosia. Makes sense because AEK sell around 40k - 50k tickets for big games. The fans were against it! They were told any project in their historic site at Nea Filadelfiea will hold a maximum of 30k due to size limitations - but they didn't care - they wanted the history - the continuation, the tradition - so Tiger basically knew he had all Original 21 and AEK fans in general by the balls if he agreed to the NF site.

PAOK was the same. Savvidis came to club and asked the fans where they wanted the new stadium - they all said - on the Toumba site. That has limitations - the biggest stadium you can build on that site is 35k. Fans said they don't care - so - they will get a new 35k stadium at Toumba. Greeks want continuation of tradition and history above anything else. They are myopic like this.

Talking of the Toumba - tickets are sold out for PAOK vs Oly on Sunday. If we win, we are right back in it.

Godescalco

I totally forgot about that playoff system. Similar to the Belgian league, right?

Makes zero sense.

Calcio

I thought the playoff system was scrapped?

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 20 de Fevereiro de 2018, 20:12
I thought the playoff system was scrapped?

Fuck, you are right. The one year we need those stupid things.. the one year they are scrapped.

:crazy2: