Olympiacos Piraeus

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 02 de Setembro de 2018, 23:21
I even kinda like the fact he looks drunk..
A bit off topic, but do you know where I can download the game?

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 02 de Setembro de 2018, 23:28

Not sure on that one file. Will have a hunt around.

Covenant

Talvez amanhã te possa ajudar amigo, depois mando PM.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 02 de Setembro de 2018, 22:52
Citação de: Covenant em 02 de Setembro de 2018, 21:03
Podence is on fire.

Martins believes in him. Plays him every game.
He is small but have a lot of talent. Jesus also believed in him, but he had a injury Last season.

Faliro

Something crazy? I like Pedro better than Silva, Jardim, Bento and Pereira already. He has walked in the club and completely understood our philosphy - on the pitch and off.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 03 de Setembro de 2018, 01:15
Citação de: Faliro em 02 de Setembro de 2018, 22:52
Citação de: Covenant em 02 de Setembro de 2018, 21:03
Podence is on fire.

Martins believes in him. Plays him every game.
He is small but have a lot of talent. Jesus also believed in him, but he had a injury Last season.

He loses the ball non-stop - but he tries non-stop and at least a few times his tricks come off. I will keep an eye on him. We have a beautiful accompaniment of wingers and AMs this season. Fetfa, Podence, Fortounis, Lazaros and Nahuel.

Faliro

Haven't seen anything yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4HVx8J8ZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3plnVApek

​​​​​​​

RedEagleNN

José Sá... i'm so sorry Faliro.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 03 de Setembro de 2018, 01:31
Something crazy? I like Pedro better than Silva, Jardim, Bento and Pereira already. He has walked in the club and completely understood our philosphy - on the pitch and off.
He's been a promising manager for a while. The type of manager people have been wondering how he'd fare at Benfica, Sporting or Porto for a few years now. He did good jobs at mid-table sized clubs.

People gave him slack when his Guimarães' side lost the Cup against Benfica in 2017, but that was just our rivals being salty, honestly. A good manager can only do so much when he's in charge of a club expected to finish around the 5th-7th place in the table.

Looks like he's doing well at Olympiacos this far. He didn't get an easy EL group, though, so let's see if he can do much in Europe.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 03 de Setembro de 2018, 21:40
He's been a promising manager for a while. The type of manager people have been wondering how he'd fare at Benfica, Sporting or Porto for a few years now. He did good jobs at mid-table sized clubs.

People gave him slack when his Guimarães' side lost the Cup against Benfica in 2017, but that was just our rivals being salty, honestly. A good manager can only do so much when he's in charge of a club expected to finish around the 5th-7th place in the table.

Looks like he's doing well at Olympiacos this far. He didn't get an easy EL group, though, so let's see if he can do much in Europe.

He is lucky because he has some lovely players this year. Our midfield and attack is stacked with talent and speed. However what impresses me is the faith he gives to certain players like Podence and Bouxalakis. He does not flinch when things look dangerous - he sticks with his players which gives them even more confidence. He is measured when he talks. He purposely doesn't reveal much which shows intelligence. He sets up the team to score goals. He has fun in training. He is calm. Fortounis is the happiest I have seen him years - even making jokes with Fetfatzidis on the pitch in the middle of our last game. What I think Pedro has done is actually look at the situation at Olympiacos - think about it and then react. Other Portuguese managers in Hellas simply react as and when. You can see perhaps Pedro has got the mood of the place - worked out what the club wants and worked out the best way to deliver it - rather than say - this is what I did at Rio Ave - it should work here too. He has looked at the Greek reality and played his hand accordingly. He also knew and stated clearly how important it was for Olympiacos to qualify for the Europa League and you could see he could rest or relax until the game with Burnley was over.

I expected nothing from him but he has actually proved - so far - to be exceptional imo and I did not say this about Silva or Bento. Pereira - all I loved about him was his madness.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 03 de Setembro de 2018, 22:49

He is lucky because he has some lovely players this year. Our midfield and attack is stacked with talent and speed. However what impresses me is the faith he gives to certain players like Podence and Bouxalakis. He does not flinch when things look dangerous - he sticks with his players which gives them even more confidence. He is measured when he talks. He purposely doesn't reveal much which shows intelligence. He sets up the team to score goals. He has fun in training. He is calm. Fortounis is the happiest I have seen him years - even making jokes with Fetfatzidis on the pitch in the middle of our last game. What I think Pedro has done is actually look at the situation at Olympiacos - think about it and then react. Other Portuguese managers in Hellas simply react as and when. You can see perhaps Pedro has got the mood of the place - worked out what the club wants and worked out the best way to deliver it - rather than say - this is what I did at Rio Ave - it should work here too. He has looked at the Greek reality and played his hand accordingly. He also knew and stated clearly how important it was for Olympiacos to qualify for the Europa League and you could see he could rest or relax until the game with Burnley was over.

I expected nothing from him but he has actually proved - so far - to be exceptional imo and I did not say this about Silva or Bento. Pereira - all I loved about him was his madness.
Damn, just looked at wiki. You've been playing the musical chairs game with managers in the past 18 months it seems.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 03 de Setembro de 2018, 22:54
Citação de: Faliro em 03 de Setembro de 2018, 22:49

Damn, just looked at wiki. You've been playing the musical chairs game with managers in the past 18 months it seems.

Yes - the worst is what we did to Lemonis. Brought him in as an emergency measure as we were sliding down the table. He got us back to the top for the winter break and stabilised the club as he always does. As a reward we sacked him and brought Oscar in. We started sliding immediately again - he was attacked by PAOK fans in the Tomba and then we sacked him soon after.. We ended the season 3rd and still falling.   :disgust: Just terrible management. Goes back to what i was telling you about how much Greek managers are not respected - even the good ones.

StellaRojas

Olympiacos attacking the Europa League trophy...Very well-balanced team, in all positions.

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 04 de Setembro de 2018, 09:37
Olympiacos attacking the Europa League trophy...Very well-balanced team, in all positions.

I hope for some luck in this competition.

Vitor84

Citação de: StellaRojas em 04 de Setembro de 2018, 09:37
With Martins? No chance.