Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 16:38
http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesBasket/A1Olympiakos/ayto-einai-to-sxedio-gia-to-neo-ghpedo-toy-olympiakou-sto-ellhniko.5235219.html

Very interesting. It seems the capacity (12,000) will match that of the Peace and Friendship Stadium where Olympiacos currently play - but this new site will have the added benefit of hosting the academies. Seems a good move. And interesting that you reading the Greek papers these days! :coolsmiley:

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 17:07
http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesBasket/A1Olympiakos/ayto-einai-to-sxedio-gia-to-neo-ghpedo-toy-olympiakou-sto-ellhniko.5235219.html

Very interesting. It seems the capacity (12,000) will match that of the Peace and Friendship Stadium where Olympiacos currently play - but this new site will have the added benefit of hosting the academies. Seems a good move. And interesting that you reading the Greek papers these days! :coolsmiley:
I find out here: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=637074&page=77

I always have a crazy interest in New venues.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 17:40
Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Outubro de 2018, 17:07

I find out here: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=637074&page=77

I always have a crazy interest in New venues.

Yes, me too. I follow all the latest venues being constructed too.  :smokin: It is a real prestige thing to have a good stadium/arena and massively important for the club and local economy in each case.

AEK's little stadium is starting to finally take form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2LU2pZHdo

Will be hugely beneficial for Greece, Greek football and the local economy.

Faliro

Samaras (now part of the the new admin at OFI) and his fit partner at the game, we are 1-0 down at half time against the Cretans. Martins needs to make changes at half time.

Covenant

Awful result.

Hard times for Martins...

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 22 de Outubro de 2018, 07:21
Awful result.

Hard times for Martins...

Martins was exceptionally annoyed. He did not show it in the interview but afterwards. For the first time in Olympiacos history - he has banned the players returning home. They will sleep at Renti (training facilities) up until the Luxemberg game! Even Martins did not return home!

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Olympiakos/olympiakos-o-martins-mantrwse-toys-paiktes-sto-renth.5342960.html

Faliro

Colbalt kits for tonight. MUST WIN game. Kick-off in 3 hours.

Calcio

How much longer do you think Martins will last?

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 19:37

If Manos had not scored the goal he just did.. a month max. We scraped the win however and if we win next game too... he is relatively safe (in greek terms.. 70% safe). For me he should have started Manos tonight. Mad having an 11 with no striker on the pitch.

If PAO can somehow scrape a draw from PAOK.. 0-0 at the moment 23'... the league may open up a bit for us.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 19:57

If Manos had not scored the goal he just did.. a month max. We scraped the win however and if we win next game too... he is relatively safe (in greek terms.. 70% safe). For me he should have started Manos tonight. Mad having an 11 with no striker on the pitch.

If PAO can somehow scrape a draw from PAOK.. 0-0 at the moment 23'... the league may open up a bit for us.
PAO are looking really good.

I'm ashamed to tell you this, but I will play with them on this next version of Football Manager.  :ashamed:

Speaking of PAO, any news that you think might be worth sharing?

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 19:59

I'm ashamed to tell you this, but I will play with them on this next version of Football Manager.  :ashamed:

Phew.. 0-0 half time at the Toumba. Hope PAO can get something from this.

PAO are in a strange situation. Owner that is hated - universally hated. Gate 13 (their main set of hooligan fans) banned from attending their games for over a year now. And finally and most interestingly - had to sell all their players and are basically playing this season with their youth team.

Incredibly and much to the disbelief of the pathetic Greek media - this team of Greek teenagers have drawn only one game and won the rest. They are talented - clever and fast. The cut price PAO manager, Donis, is exceptional at working with youth and has coached abroad and he is also a PAO man through and through and through.

Their most interesting players for me (superior players in bold) are Giannis Bouzoukis, Kampetsis, Chatzigiovanis, Staikos, Mavromatis and Donis (son of the coach).

In the news their owner has made friends with the amateur again and they have moved back to the Leoforos stadium.

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 20:29

PAO are in a strange situation. Owner that is hated - universally hated. Gate 13 (their main set of hooligan fans) banned from attending their games for over a year now. And finally and most interestingly - had to sell all their players and are basically playing this season with their youth team.

Incredibly and much to the disbelief of the pathetic Greek media - this team of Greek teenagers have drawn only one game and won the rest. They are talented - clever and fast. The cut price PAO manager, Donis, is exceptional at working with youth and has coached abroad and he is also a PAO man through and through and through.

Their most interesting players for me (superior players in bold) are Giannis Bouzoukis, Kampetsis, Chatzigiovanis, Staikos, Mavromatis and Donis (son of the coach).

In the news their owner has made friends with the amateur again and they have moved back to the Leoforos stadium.
Will the Pan Asia investment come through or will the greek owner remain in charge?

Christos Donis is my man in FM  ;D Him and Siopis, my eternal Aris greek midfield!  :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 20:33
Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 20:29

Will the Pan Asia investment come through or will the greek owner remain in charge?

Christos Donis is my man in FM  ;D Him and Siopis, my eternal Aris greek midfield!  :rir:

Donis is already a better midfielder than the Greek midfielders for the NT. Siopis is also tidy as you know.

The Pan Asia guy put in his first 2 million last week. However it is unclear what the new model will be - whether PAO keep their old president or go fully Pan Asia (which I doubt they will now). AEK's stadium is finished next year. PAOK will submit plans for council approval for their stadium soon. PAO will be the next one. They desperately need a upgraded venue.

As for Aris - a lot of Oly fans believed Aris opened their legs vs AEK in their 4-0 thrashing. I watched a bit of the game - I think AEK were just stronger despite Aris holding the ball well first half and controlling possession.

PAOK just scored vs PAO - they are favourites for me. It is theirs to lose..