Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: HJDK em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 21:40
Doesn't matter who the opponent is, you can do it.

It's time to show that Piraeus is hell.

I like this file!!!  :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:

This year our team is not so attacking without players like Hassan and the injured Fortounis, but the Karaiskaki and the love the fans have for the club keeps us in the fight.

We have the russians now.

Faliro

BTW anyone watch the Porto/Russian game?

Any reflections on the way the Russians play? Strengths/ weaknesses?

Cloughie

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 22:25
BTW anyone watch the Porto/Russian game?

Any reflections on the way the Russians play? Strengths/ weaknesses?

They have good players in attack and a promising young keeper who will be very good in the future. The youngster Suleymanov is awesome. Scored twice today.

They lack quality in defensive processes. And after Porto scored the 1-3 they were all over the place. Weak minded.

Schweisen Tiger

Krasnodar can be very dangerous on counter attack...but i didn't get impressed these games against Porto.

1st leg: first shot on goal, on 67th minute (good counter attack), but very limited all match. Weak game construction, too much space on wings, while defending.

2nd leg: scored too soon and made Porto nervous. After that, 2 counter attacks, 2 goals. 3 shots, 3 goals on 1st half. Second half, first 5 minutes, another dangerous counter attack, that didn't end on 4th goal, beacuse Berg is dumb as fuck. After that, they just defended...and most times poorly. They had another chance in a, guess what...counter attack. They won, but after a 0-3, they can't play the way they did...they could've been eliminated.

So...if Olympiakos can sustain their counter attack, they may pass. I'd say that is 60/40 to greeks, specially if Martins plays defensively, as he used to do in Guimaraes. I don't believe that Olympiakos make the amount of stupid defensive mistakes that Porto did today.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:06
Krasnodar can be very dangerous on counter attack...but i didn't get impressed these games against Porto.

1st leg: first shot on goal, on 67th minute (good counter attack), but very limited all match. Weak game construction, too much space on wings, while defending.

2nd leg: scored too soon and made Porto nervous. After that, 2 counter attacks, 2 goals. 3 shots, 3 goals on 1st half. Second half, first 5 minutes, another dangerous counter attack, that didn't end on 4th goal, beacuse Berg is dumb as fuck. After that, they just defended...and most times poorly. They had another chance in a, guess what...counter attack. They won, but after a 0-3, they can't play the way they did...they could've been eliminated.

So...if Olympiakos can sustain their counter attack, they may pass. I'd say that is 60/40 to greeks, specially if Martins plays defensively, as he used to do in Guimaraes. I don't believe that Olympiakos make the amount of stupid defensive mistakes that Porto did today.

Obrigado for a very good breakdown of the two games.

Porto seem to have really regressed or what?

Schweisen Tiger

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:14

They lost half team:

Casillas: heart condition
Maxi: contract end
Felipe: sold to Atletico Madrid
Militao: sold to Real Madrid
Herrera: contract end
Brahimi: contract end
Hernani: contract end
Adrian: contract end

Others like Marega, Danilo and Telles, want to leave.

The replacements are not, on most cases, the same level of the exited players. At least, for now.

In addition, there has been internal problems between coach and team captain, recently. Some say it got physical...

StellaRojas

Congrats file.. Hopefully the CL this year.

TFFS

Olympiakos and Crvena Zvezda advanced further in the UCL this year than Porto. Congratulations ;D

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:20

They lost half team:

The replacements are not, on most cases, the same level of the exited players. At least, for now.

In addition, there has been internal problems between coach and team captain, recently. Some say it got physical...

Wow, total melt down.   :estrelas:

Seems Benfica's success sent them spiralling.  ::)

You think they were banking on CL money to buy better players?

Schweisen Tiger

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:33

They lost half team:

Benfica has an unique chance to make in Portugal, what Olympiakos made in Greece, for 20 years.

We have, right now, the players, the coach, the academy and finantial conditions that no other team has. But we also have a president that understands little about the game. Unfortunately...

About the banking...they are already on their limit, with UEFA FFP controling their accounting. They spent 60 million (club record) this season, counting with CL presence...i'm preety sure that 2/3 players will have to be sold now or next January.

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:26
Congrats file.. Hopefully the CL this year.

Hopefully for both our teams aderfe.

:bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:
  :tocha: :tocha: :tocha: :tocha: :tocha:

Calcio

Don't think I need to give you props file.

Now knockdown the russians so PAOK can suck one up.

Cloughie

Benfica's failures are Porto's fuel.

And the other way around.

sbremoved_28408

Congrats, Faliro (and StellaRojas)   :bandeiraslb2:

Don't even know if it's possible (haven't looked at the seedings yet), but would be cool to play against Olympiacos and Crvena Zvezda in the group stages. Plenty of red  ^-^

Easy job for Olympiacos tonight. Told you it was very likely that you'd win both games against Basaksehir. Krasnodar will be a bigger challenge.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:36
Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:33

They lost half team:

Benfica has an unique chance to make in Portugal, what Olympiakos made in Greece, for 20 years.

I stated this a few weeks ago. Benfica now have that window to do this.

What was interesting about PAO's melt down into oblivion (they can barely muster 4000 fans per game now) was the ingredients to make this happen. If we assume AEK are Sporting, we have the same template (remember AEK's former president was using underworld muscle men to physically threaten AEK players like Demi Nikolaidis).

So, to sum up. All non Olympiacos fans in Greece stated Olympiacos bought the refs. What actually transpired was far more interesting. Olympiacos had the best facilities, best stadium and best scouting. We also had the biggest budget. This alone was not enough, but by our 3rd consecutive title - Panathinaikos went into melt down and became severely disorientated and broken mentally. They were actually like a panicked animal. In desperation, they managed to outspend Olympiacos for one season, bringing in Cisse and others, however that one championship sent them into a further debt spiral of which they never recovered. Both AEK and Panathinaikos, but especially the later became clearly disorientated and the more the fans blamed refs, 'the system' and Olympiacos mafia, the further their clubs sunk into oblivion.

If Benfica manage to walk this championship, the physcological damage to the other teams starts to become a self fulfilling prophesy and I can easily imagine Benfica recreating the decades of domination Olympiacos enjoyed before the two billionaires, Savvidis and Melissanidis started pouring money into their newly acquired teams - ending our domination.