Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:46
Congrats, Faliro (and StellaRojas)   :bandeiraslb2:

Don't even know if it's possible (haven't looked at the seedings yet), but would be cool to play against Olympiacos and Crvena Zvezda in the group stages. Plenty of red  ^-^

Easy job for Olympiacos tonight. Told you it was very likely that you'd win both games against Basaksehir. Krasnodar will be a bigger challenge.

You described the Turks perfectly before the games happened. I too believe the Russians will be tough. Martins does not play defensive tactics at Olympiacos since he arrived. I wonder if we have enough firepower to hurt the Russians in their home the way Porto did. The only thing I admire about the Russians is their stadium, beautiful arena.

Schweisen Tiger

The thing is, in Portugal, both Porto and Sporting have too much power on portuguese football building. If this was just 11 men against 11 men, pure football, that dominance could be fullfiled. But the way things work, it won't be possible. We will win more, but not in a 19 leagues in 20 years base.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:39
Don't think I need to give you props file.

Now knockdown the russians so PAOK can suck one up.

You sound like the Gavros media file!  :2funny:

Around 4 stories on Gavros.gr concentrating on PAOK missing out on the Champion's League again saying they will never see that competition for the rest of their history.  ;D

https://www.gavros.gr/article/podosfairo/288275-ekei-opoy-den-yparxei-hellip-eksygiansh

https://www.gavros.gr/article/podosfairo/288267-ti-wraia-poy-tentwnei-mes-rsquo-thn-toympa-to-sentoni

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:57
The thing is, in Portugal, both Porto and Sporting have too much power on portuguese football building. If this was just 11 men against 11 men, pure football, that dominance could be fullfiled. But the way things work, it won't be possible. We will win more, but not in 19 leagues in 20 years base.

Clearly your league is also more competitive than the Greek equivalent was for the last 20 years. However, the one trump card Benfica has is that successive titles do have a psychological snowball effect on your domestic rivals. I watched the highlights of the Porto game, I think since I joined this forum, I have never seen Porto so lost. Seems even their fans are becoming confused. It was the same recipe for Olympiacos in the 96-87 season. We never looked back afterwards. We were just consistent, the other teams destroyed themselves. 

Schweisen Tiger

I'm not sure if Abel's move to PAOK was a good career choice. He'll fight for the league, for sure...but the team, I don't think it's better than Braga and, in the end, he'll end up playing Europa League.

Schweisen Tiger

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:02
The thing is, in Portugal, both Porto and Sporting have too much power on portuguese football building. If this was just 11 men against 11 men, pure football, that dominance could be fullfiled. But the way things work, it won't be possible. We will win more, but not in 19 leagues in 20 years base.

Clearly your league is also more competitive than the Greek equivalent was for the last 20 years. However, the one trump card Benfica has is that successive titles do have a psychological snowball effect on your domestic rivals. I watched the highlights of the Porto game, I think since I joined this forum, I have never seen Porto so lost. Seems even their fans are becoming confused. It was the same recipe for Olympiacos in the 96-87 season. We never looked back afterwards. We were just consistent, the other teams destroyed themselves.

I remember those Olympiakos days, watching Georgatos and Giannakoupoulos destroying Porto in CL.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:05
I'm not sure if Abel's move to PAOK was a good career choice. He'll fight for the league, for sure...but the team, I don't think it's better than Braga and, in the end, he'll end up playing Europa League.

Correct. He actually - I will admit this - impressed me since he has been a PAOK. Dare I say he is too good for them? He seems a very clever gentleman.

We are one striker away from making sure PAOK don't win a second competitive championship. We have to wait and see if Marinakis now spends that 10 million he earned tonight with our passage to the next round.

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:54

Don't even know if it's possible (haven't looked at the seedings yet), but would be cool to play against Olympiacos and Crvena Zvezda in the group stages. Plenty of red  ^-^

Easy job for Olympiacos tonight. Told you it was very likely that you'd win both games against Basaksehir. Krasnodar will be a bigger challenge.

You described the Turks perfectly before the games happened. I too believe the Russians will be tough. Martins does not play defensive tactics at Olympiacos since he arrived. I wonder if we have enough firepower to hurt the Russians in their home the way Porto did. The only thing I admire about the Russians is their stadium, beautiful arena.
Only watched part of your first game against Plzen, but looking just at the numbers the fact you haven't conceded goals yet is a good sign because you'll score goals against Krasnodar, certainly at home. But they're tricky on the counter attack. Honestly think it's a 50/50.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:07

I remember those Olympiakos days, watching Georgatos and Giannakoupoulos destroying Porto in CL.

Golden period file mou. We used to called Georgatos 'Trelos Karaflos.' Lit: 'The Crazy bald.' Mad man, but great to watch.

As for Porto, a goal that still make me have goose bumps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ZfQyAh24k

Faliro

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:13
Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2019, 23:54

Only watched part of your first game against Plzen, but looking just at the numbers the fact you haven't conceded goals yet is a good sign because you'll score goals against Krasnodar, certainly at home. But they're tricky on the counter attack. Honestly think it's a 50/50.

I think the same. I actually fear Russian sides quite a bit. This one is the hardest game so far for us this season.

Schweisen Tiger

Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:14

Golden period file mou. We used to called Georgatos 'Trelos Karaflos.' Lit: 'The Crazy bald.' Mad man, but great to watch.

As for Porto, a goal that still make me goose bumps..

I clearly remember this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke53y9XVWzk

Olympiakos drawed within 5 or 10 minutes to finish the game, thanks to a magnificent performance of a man that even nowadays, gives us big smiles when we remember him: Ivica Kralj.

StellaRojas

Now watching the replay.. Looks like Lazar did well, for the time he played.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:24
Citação de: Faliro em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:14

As for Porto, a goal that still make me goose bumps..

I clearly remember this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke53y9XVWzk

Olympiakos drawed within 5 or 10 minutes to finish the game, thanks to a magnificent performance of a man that even nowadays, gives us big smiles when we remember him: Ivica Kralj.

I remember we bought Zahovic off them the following the year. What a brat he was, but a fine talent nonetheless.

Incidently the much loved, completely mad Olympiacos keeper was in that game, Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos. Insanely good shot blocker, penalty saver. Insanely bad mistakes throughout his career. I bumped into him in Athens Airport and got his autograph when I was a teenager - Karembeu was there and I got his also. I had no paper so they both signed inside my passport that i only found out later was illegal. Dimitri was reading one of the trash Olympiacos sports papers - maybe Fos? I posted an article about Eletherpoulos a while ago. Came from very humble beginnings - literal poverty in Piraeus. But the guy had a massive heart. A fascinating insight.

https://www.contra.gr/synentefxeis/o-dimitris-eleytheropoylos-den-anikei-se-kanenan-pia.7443696.html

However, I laugh when I remember him signing my passport. Such a friendly guy. So much kindness. And his name - the way he wrote it. Completely illegible.  :rir:

Faliro

Citação de: StellaRojas em 14 de Agosto de 2019, 00:38
Now watching the replay.. Looks like Lazar did well, for the time he played.

He has looked good in every single game he has played for us. One of the best in our friendlies last month. Not sure what his history is, but there seems some talent there.

mramalhadas

Krasnodar has a intersting team but in defense they are weak, but still enough to defeat the all mighty Oporto.