Hellas futebol

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 02 de Agosto de 2018, 00:27
Panionios. As usual - will aim to sneak into Europe. Always a good passing side with some good movement. They seem to have brought 4 frenchmen into the team this summer. Their scouting depart is perhaps one of the best in the entire Balkans. Always nobodies who end up being MVPs. Very clever side.

ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΟΛΕ!

Faliro

Wow, PAOK has no knocked Basel and Spartak out of the CL in 2 weeks!
AEK just knocked Celtic out the CL too.

:rir:

Godescalco

We'll have another Benfica-PAOK duel.

We've knocked out the legendary Dikefalos Aetos tou Vorra twice in the past. 4 games, 3 wins, 1 defeat. 7-3 in goals.

It shouldn't be much different this time, I reckon. Are PAOK stronger than last year, Faliro?

Faliro

Citação de: Gottschalk em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:13

We've knocked out the legendary Dikefalos Aetos tou Vorra twice in the past. 4 games, 3 wins, 1 defeat. 7-3 in goals.

It shouldn't be much different this time, I reckon. Are PAOK stronger than last year, Faliro?

Perhaps a little stronger.  Where as AEK (the Dikéfalos Aetós..) are designed to stifle their opponent and sneak goals - PAOK are built last season and this to outscore their opponent.  Benfica should be able to handle their rage. Toumba may be a little intense  though..

Godescalco

Sure.

Benfica just manhandled Fenerbahçe, though. Our midfield this season is particularly better with the explosion of Gédson.

PAOK will have to pull off a very good defensive performance if they are to going to be able to challenge us.

Rei

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:23

Perhaps a little stronger.  Where as AEK (the Dikéfalos Aetós..) are designed to stifle their opponent and sneak goals - PAOK are built last season and this to outscore their opponent.  Benfica should be able to handle their rage. Toumba may be a little intense  though..

Would you say their star player is Pelkas?

Faliro

Citação de: Rei em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:27
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:23

Would you say their star player is Pelkas?

I would actually. He is everywhere if you watch their European games this summer.  A dynamo of attack. So many times he seems to find himself in one on ones with the opposition keeper from no where. Very fast. There is some magic there.

Prijović holds the line well and attracts defenders who often lose position to mark him.

Canas and Mauricio are clever and streetwise in the middle.

Vieirinha seems to think he is Achilles these days. He must actually believe he is Greek. Fans adore him and he gives everything for PAOK.

Matos is dangerous in a attacking sense.

Biseswar is actually one of my favourite players of PAOK - just because of his languid style. Seems like some rasta has just come off the beach to give everyone a lesson in football. I like the way he plays but he will probably be a sub.

Limnios is an interesting one. The brazilo-greek 20 year old has potential. He improves every game. Useful winger. Could be more.

PAOK keeper can have good or bad games - but he has talent - and of course - he is a monster.

PAOK are head and shoulders above a team like AEK at this point in time. 

Toalhete

Where are you from, Faliro bro?

Faliro

Citação de: Toalhete em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:40

London. Of English, Greek, Catalan and Austrian descent from each grandparent respectively. Also bits of Irish, Scottish and even some Cuban/ Mexican if you include great great grandparents. Was raised and Christened Greek however and been going there since birth.  :crazy2: 

Toalhete

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:43

London. Of English, Greek, Catalan and Austrian descent from each grandparent respectively. Also bits of Irish, Scottish and even some Cuban/ Mexican if you include great great grandparents. Was raised and Christened Greek however.  :crazy2:

And you have connections to Greece above the rest? Where, Athens?

ZICKLER

Faliro, Benfica vs PAOK

60/40 ?

Faliro

Citação de: Toalhete em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:44
Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:43

London. Of English, Greek, Catalan and Austrian descent from each grandparent respectively. Also bits of Irish, Scottish and even some Cuban/ Mexican if you include great great grandparents. Was raised and Christened Greek however.  :crazy2:

And you have connections to Greece above the rest? Where, Athens?

Yes, I see myself as a Greek guy I suppose. Being going there since birth. Used to go to central Greece, Viotias etc as a boy and the vast beaches facing Atalantonisi - but knew Athens well because my cousins are there so knew Athens back to front very young. My Grandfather was actually from Leonidio in the South and lately I go there a few days every year - and of course spend most my summer holidays in the Cyclades - which I adore.  O0

Faliro

Citação de: ZICKLER em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:44
Faliro, Benfica vs PAOK

60/40 ?

Yes. As a betting man - exactly that before either leg has been played. Of course the tie will evolve and the odds change. As it is now before a ball is kicked - 60% chance of Benfica passing - maybe more.

In PAOK's favour is they now have games under their belt and they are very well drilled with plenty of options.  And of course they have the hottest seat in Europe - the Stadio Toumba.. :D

ZICKLER

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:50
Citação de: ZICKLER em 15 de Agosto de 2018, 00:44
Faliro, Benfica vs PAOK

60/40 ?

Yes. As a betting man - exactly that before either leg has been played. Of course the tie will evolve and the odds change. As it is now before a ball is kicked - 60% chance of Benfica passing - maybe more.

In PAOK's favour is they now have games under their belt and they are very well drilled with plenty of options.  And of course they have the hottest seat in Europe - the Stadio Toumba.. :D

yes, I did not forget the first time I saw Benfica play in the toumba .... incredible! what an atmosphere!

ZICKLER

the paok outside the house how does it behave? Do you think you can keep the tie alive for the second game?