Sport Lisboa e Benfica

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Agosto de 2014, 17:19
Well I think he has played against olympiakos a few times, looked invisible. I saw a couple of other Europa games with Benfica, can't remember which, it was only to pass the time. But I did notice he was rubbish.

That is not to say he is rubbish in his 7 years or he is not a legend to you. It's just every time I have seen him play I have been thankful he never came to Greece, not that he ever would because no one could afford him anyway.

BTW, is it true you sniffing around Mitroglou?

He played against Olympiacos twice, in Lisbon he scored one goal and Roberto denied one goal froma a free kick, in Pireaus Roberto denied one goal at 3minutos.

Witch more games did you watch? last seaosn he was not good from December until now.
In 2012/2013 he wass terrif in the uropa League, did you watch one of these games? Fenerbache(h), Bordeux(a), Chelsea(final), Leverkusen ?

Faliro

Sorry man, I don't remember the games. In fact, if you go through my post history, maybe I have posted some games I saw him. As I said, I just remember him being a poor. Its just my opinion, who am I? I thought ninis was going to be the next big thing and he is cleaning toilets now at Parma, shows how much I know...

Faliro

So it seems you have a Greek at Benfica again.. I suppose there will have to be some of this in his contract to keep him happy:

Festivus

Are those gyros on the first image? They remind me of Pita Schwarmas, or whatever, from those middle eastern themed food places.

Faliro

Yes,

Gyros:

with pita:

Souvlaki:

with Pita

Most Greeks live on Souvlaki with pita for the last 3000 years.

H

I could live with gyros for the next 3000 years...

By the way, on my Inter Rail last year, I witnessed how much the balkanic countries like gyros, there were greek restaurants all over Croatia, Serbia, etc.

Faliro

Wow I didn't know this.

When I was younger I assumed Greece had picked up all these eastern foods and customs when Greece was under the ottoman Empire. But the more I studied, I realised things we take for granted as eastern, Souvlaki with pita, Turkish deserts like baklava, etc were all Byzantine, ancient Greek foods adopted by the East. Its kinda similar in London. If you buy a Pizza to order, it is going to made and sold by an arab to the point that if you didnt know Pizza was Italian, you would assume it is an arab dish...

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2014, 13:08
Wow I didn't know this.

When I was younger I assumed Greece had picked up all these eastern foods and customs when Greece was under the ottoman Empire. But the more I studied, I realised things we take for granted as eastern, Souvlaki with pita, Turkish deserts like baklava, etc were all Byzantine, ancient Greek foods adopted by the East. Its kinda similar in London. If you buy a Pizza to order, it is going to made and sold by an arab to the point that if you didnt know Pizza was Italian, you would assume it is an arab dish...
Italian pizza are the simple ones such as Margheritta, Quatro Staggioni, etc. I think. The pizzas we grew up eating from Pizza Hut and other places are American made ones from NYC and Chicago.

A Swede once told me they have a lot of place that serve Pizza Kebab in Sweden. Sounds like a tasty invention.

Faliro

Yea but the point is, 99% of those selling Pizza in the UK are arabs. Give it another 100 years like this and people will associate Pizza with the east. The italians recently got an  EU designation on Pizza to avoid this happening, as the Greeks did with Feta and Greek Yogurt.

However it is too late for Souvlaki and Gyros. Most people think that is an eastern thing now, but if they ever bother to read Homer, they will find the Argives eating souvlaki in the Odyssey.  :tonge:

Lm27

Nice, but italian food is better

pcssousa

Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2014, 13:43
Yea but the point is, 99% of those selling Pizza in the UK are arabs. Give it another 100 years like this and people will associate Pizza with the east. The italians recently got an  EU designation on Pizza to avoid this happening, as the Greeks did with Feta and Greek Yogurt.

However it is too late for Souvlaki and Gyros. Most people think that is an eastern thing now, but if they ever bother to read Homer, they will find the Argives eating souvlaki in the Odyssey.  :tonge:
I read it.

H

Citação de: Lm27 em 13 de Agosto de 2014, 21:37
Nice, but italian food is better

Well, I definitely could live for the rest of my life with gyros, lasagna, cannelloni, pizza, tortellini and ravioli on my lunches and dinners. Italian food is some of the best in the world, to me!

Faliro

Yea I could not only live with one..

My favorites are Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, Brazilian, Greek, Japanese,...

Festivus

Citação de: pcssousa em 13 de Agosto de 2014, 22:32
Citação de: Faliro em 13 de Agosto de 2014, 13:43

I read it.
I haven't gotten the balls to read it yet.

Lm27

All these dishes are good but sometimes I just feel the need to go to McDonalds/Burger king and fill my belly :drool: