Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Eddie_

Cup match against Moreirense (at home).

A first league squad we won at home with some difficulty at fifth journey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYJYWmuXtjY

They play well and they are very agressive and coordinated in defending.
But we can't expect nothing different than pass to next round.

Cloughie

Citação de: Faliro em 21 de Novembro de 2014, 16:50
Thoughts on the weekend and current situation?

Looks like Benfica and Porto are now allies.
I think I'm gonna throw up...

Eddie_

Citação de: LMFPC em 21 de Novembro de 2014, 17:40

Don't believe in everything you see on newspapers

Cloughie

Citação de: Eddie_ em 21 de Novembro de 2014, 17:45
Citação de: LMFPC em 21 de Novembro de 2014, 17:40

Don't believe in everything you see on newspapers

I believe in "The man of thrust". :2funny:

Maxi_14

Benfica 4 - 1 Moreirense

The team today played better. The first 30 minutes of the first half... OMG  :drool: :drool: :drool:

sbremoved_28408

Portuguese cup,last 32 round. We have beaten Moreirense at home by 4-1,while Sporting defeated a third division team,Espinho,by 0-5. Porto were knocked out in the last round by Sporting and today there is the big Minho derby between Guimarães and Braga.

Off the pitch,as usual,big problems.The league is bankruped and they are asking the clubs to help paying the debt.The problem is that most clubs are almost bankruped and have problems to even pay the wages to their players.

Don't think Benfica and Porto are allies. Both boards are just trying to find some agreements  together with the other clubs to solve this situation because,if they don't, professional competition (match organisation,payments to referees,sponsors) could be in danger. But this "alliance" won't last long,since most clubs (including Porto) want the TV rights to be centralized while Benfica wants to continue with the BenficaTV project,broadcasting our own home league matches.

Faliro

KBMASTER

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Novembro de 2014, 22:25
How was Samaris?
He was average. Failed some passes, he was booked early in the game, which unabled him to play more aggressively. On the bright side, he made some good interceptions. Overall, he wasn't too bad, but he wasn't good either.

Cloughie

How was Samaris?

For the public radio station, Antena 1, he was the best player of Benfica in the game.

cipri_slb

Citação de: LMFPC em 27 de Novembro de 2014, 13:45
How was Samaris?

For the public radio station, Antena 1, he was the best player of Benfica in the game.

Almeida was much better than Samaris

Eddie_

How was Samaris?

imho he is improving from game to game. He still misses some easy passes that can do terrible damage with dangerous counter attacks.
So, still not in the level we need for sure but much better than when he arrive. I hope he will get there.

Anyway he's playing more as defensive midfielder and i think he would be better as box to box midfielder. But against Enzo he have no chance.

sbremoved_28408

Samaris was the worst player on the pitch in the first half. Second half was much better.

I won't judge him in this position (playing as a holding midfielder). It just doesn't suit him.He has to play further forward. But right now,with Fejsa and Ruben Amorim injured and with Cristante still getting used to how we play,we have no other choice but to play him there.

He'll prove to be a very good player for us

PsychoFan

It was his best game with Benfica, but still with many mistakes. We'll see...

Faliro

Going to be watching this one!

Almeida and Samaris the only two Europeans in the 11. Everyone else South American.

Lets go benfica!!! :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:

Maxi_14

We are crazy with Samaris. He is failing so much  :buck2: