Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Faliro

Not a bad game.

Good first goal, nice movement. Second goal, suicide keeper. Luisao was slightly offside.

Concerning Samaris, it seems he has been instructed to play the destroyer and not join in with the attacks like Perez. He had quite a few physical battles and seemed to do OK. Nothing to get that crazy about imo. He plays mostly the safe the pass to keep the ball moving. He does not seem very relaxed and still a bit mechanical. Can see his confidence is not very big atm. At least he has nice boots.

Cloughie

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Novembro de 2014, 18:51
Not a bad game.

Good first goal, nice movement. Second goal, suicide keeper. Luisao was slightly offside.

Concerning Samaris, it seems he has been instructed to play the destroyer and not join in with the attacks like Perez. He had quite a few physical battles and seemed to do OK. Nothing to get that crazy about imo. He plays mostly the safe the pass to keep the ball moving. He does not seem very relaxed and still a bit mechanical. Can see his confidence is not very big atm. At least he has nice boots.

Always looking to bright side of life. :2funny:

Maxi_14

Faliro did you see JJ and Samaris??   :D
For a moment I had pity of him. The things JJ said  ::)

Faliro

I saw two incidents with JJ and Samaris. One I think he was screaming at him. The second they were discussing something. Would love a translation.

JJ seemed pissed off when Luisao scored, does this guy always has a lemon in his mouth?

Samaris was lucky he was not injured, very hard tackle on him at the end, his scream was very loud.

Some nice crowd violence. Good to see. Helped with the entertainment.

All in all, easy game for Benfica who were superior.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Novembro de 2014, 19:58
I saw two incidents with JJ and Samaris. One I think he was screaming at him. The second they were discussing something. Would love a translation.

JJ seemed pissed off when Luisao scored, does this guy always has a lemon in his mouth?

Samaris was lucky he was not injured, very hard tackle on him at the end, his scream was very loud.

Some nice crowd violence. Good to see. Helped with the entertainment.

All in all, easy game for Benfica who were superior.
Jesus is weird. When we're winning or playing better than the opponent he never shuts up and never sits down. When we're losing or playing worse... he just stays there silent.

Maxi_14

Faliro

You still havent told me what JJ was saying to Samaris.. ::)

Lycaon

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Novembro de 2014, 22:39

I didn't get much but I think I heard something like a very agressive "não estás a perceber, caralho?" which translates roughly to "are you not fucking understanding?!!!!".

To be fair, sometimes not even portuguese players understand Jesus so it's quite obvious Samaris was just nodding and pretending to be concentrated on something else.  ;D

Maxi_14

Nico10

Faliro please tell me that Samaris is able to do better  :-X

I know he's playing on a different position and it can be hard dealing with Jesus lol, but he has to show something more.

By the way, what do you think about Fejsa, it seems that the greeks didn't like him that much. But I miss him so badly...

Faliro

Fejsa was mostly injured, so we gave up on him, he is made of glass.

As for samaris, yes he can play better than tonight. However, he has been shit since after the WC. I have no idea why. He seems slower, stupid, makes mistakes, lost. No idea what happened to this player.

I watched him closely today. I did not see all the misplaced passes I was reading about in Geral forum. However I did see a player playing at half capacity and giving away fouls in silly areas. On the plus he was very psychical - not used to seeing this in him.

I would give him 6/7 out of 10 today.  I think he needs more games to get used to playing as the last man in front of the defense. 

The first goal of Benfica impressed me today, especially the pass by Perez. Samaris played in that sort of position at olympiakos and had some similar assists. He was far more attacking in those days. I don't think Michel thought he was suited to play at 6. Check out the assist at 0.59:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGR07b4aSI&t=0m59s

PsychoFan

He's telling Samaris how to put the supports (feet) when it is pressed. Something basic, that Samaris should already totally dominate.

Faliro

Citação de: PsychoFan em 01 de Dezembro de 2014, 01:25
He's telling Samaris how to put the supports (feet) when it is pressed. Something basic, that Samaris should already totally dominate.

You mean how to stand up??

PsychoFan

Citação de: Faliro em 01 de Dezembro de 2014, 01:33
Citação de: PsychoFan em 01 de Dezembro de 2014, 01:25

You mean how to stand up??
No. Have you seen the video?

Faliro

Yea but i just saw bizarre hand movements. I could not work out what the hell they were discussing.