Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Faliro

And Pelkas scored!  :2funny:

Covenant

He have some goals already. Not a bad player, but not yet a starter.

Faliro

He would be rotting in Greece if he stayed..

Cloughie

Biggest game of the season tommorow.

Faliro

Samaris to be the first Greek to win the Primeira Liga since Fyssas in 2005.

HJDK

Our manager seems very pleased with him. His performances are getting better and better.

Maxi_14

We lost.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I won't be seen around here for sometime. I have to heal myself.

Festivus

Cloughie

Citação de: LMFPC em 26 de Janeiro de 2015, 01:19
Biggest game of the season tommorow.

And we shitted in the pants.
So typical of JJ's.

Faliro

Unfortunate result but still top.

Covenant

Everything happened to us this night. After the missed penalty, The team was always nervous.

Lycaon

Citação de: Faliro em 27 de Janeiro de 2015, 00:44
Unfortunate result but still top.

People are pissed because a 9 points lead with 15 games to play would be historic in the last decades.

The 6 point advantage we have instead, we've had that before and we still lost. To Vitor Pereira, actually.

And in two weeks time we face Sporting, so people are afraid Porto will cut the lead to 3 points and heal their wounds.

Basically, this is Liga Portuguesa. It's so rare to see Benfica and Porto losing points that everytime it happens there's a huge shitstorm and supposed changes in momentum between sides. Now this forum apparently believes Porto are stronger, though two days ago they were shit and were at the exact same distance.

It's a rollercoaster in the supporters minds everytime anything happens.  ;D No result is taken lightly.

Faliro

I know the atmosphere well - Michel got sacked this month because he only beat Platanias 2-1.... instaed of 4-0...

I saw a bit of the game today. Still shocked to see Samaris playing in front of the CBs..he can help with the attack far better the higher up he is.. but if that is his role, that is his role..

Lycaon

No, it's not like that.

In Olympiacos it's the habit of winning that made the supporters arrogant and made winning not satisfying enough.

In Benfica it's actually the opposite, it's the fear of losing. Only 4 titles in 20 years against 13 from Porto, it takes a toll. We are starting to turn it around but any stone in the way feels like it can sink the ship.

Believe me, 99% of Benfica supporters would take boring, boring, boring 1-0 wins until the end of the championship.  ;D

Festivus

Citação de: Lycaon em 27 de Janeiro de 2015, 01:03
No, it's not like that.

In Olympiacos it's the habit of winning that made the supporters arrogant and made winning not satisfying enough.

In Benfica it's actually the opposite, it's the fear of losing. Only 4 titles in 20 years against 13 from Porto, it takes a toll. We are starting to turn it around but any stone in the way feels like it can sink the ship.

Believe me, 99% of Benfica supporters would take boring, boring, boring 1-0 wins until the end of the championship.  ;D
Yet, our fans wanted Trapattoni gone for playing boring football.