Jota

Avançado, 25 anos,
Portugal
Equipa Principal: 2 épocas (2018-2020), 34 jogos (695 minutos), 2 golos

Equipa B: 3 épocas, 47 jogos, 9 golos

Títulos: Campeonato Nacional (1), Supertaça (1)

Celticfan

I'm not sure :( I typed quick response and put it in English and it came up that way when I posted.

Labo411

Hi Celtic, i support all big clubs outside UK/GER/Spain/ITA.
Clubs like Celtic, Olympiakos etc and Benfica are in the same boat.

As an unofficial partner against european $£, i give you an advice.
Lot of users here was saying Jota is pretentious and have a bad haircut...so  you probably shouldn't sign him.

Celticfan

Labo411

Citação de: Celticfan em 14 de Fevereiro de 2022, 18:10
Celtic fans compare him to a 1980's George Michael   :)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7871185/jota-celtic-george-michael-lookalike-faith-postecoglou/

Once you see it you cannot unsee the resemblance.

ahah
Im sure lot of experts from our forum are happy to see confirmation their analyse about haircut was right.
And when they say Jota have a lot of opportunity here and never could take them because he is nothing more than a pretentious overated teenager, they are probably right..you really shouldn't sign him

BENFICA76

Citação de: Celticfan em 14 de Fevereiro de 2022, 16:28
Spoiler
Hi there. Celtic fan here. Apologies for not speaking Portuguese. Have a lot of respect for Benfica and Lisbon is a city that will forever be loved by our fans and most treat it as a pilgrimage to see the Estádio Nacional. I enjoyed the games against us in 2007 and 2008 (less so the games in Lisbon :D ) and loved seeing the Eagle fly around the stadium

Our team was a disaster last season and we had similar hatred to our board as you guys seem to have with Rui Costa etc. We seem to have extremely lucked out on our new manager who we brought in from Japan. He loves to play all out attacking football and so far just about every signing he has made has been great during a massive rebuild and for relatively little in transfer fees. He's also got the best from existing players and we look a lot fitter.

Jota is a fan favourite at the moment along with Kyogo and Hatate is fast becoming one. As part of our new managers style we are high intensity but towards the end of December players started getting hamstring injuries as we did not have the squad depth to rotate players. We seem to have that depth now.

Jota took a few games to get back into the swing of things and had a pretty quiet game against Rangers. Admittedly he was well marked which freed up players like Hatate to cause havoc. He's really in form just now though and he appears to be enjoying himself-

https://twitter.com/_EAMONFLYNN/status/1487475212962738182

https://twitter.com/CelticTV/status/1491703196926029828?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1491704283213008897%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

Celtic fans really want him to stay, he really suits the managers style and if he keeps up this progression could go to the very top. I think there is a worry he goes back to Benfica as many thought he would have signed in January but there is still time.

Has there been any talk in Portugal of what he is thinking? Him and Cameron Carter-Vickers are players on loan that every fan is desperate to sign. The winner of the Scottish league goes directly into the champions league group stages next year, so there may be that hope that it attracts him.

Would love to see him at Celtic for another season or two. Most understand that eventually players want to move down to England but I think Celtic are building a good thing at the moment. I can understand moves to bigger English clubs but with the way TV money has went I still find it a little hard to take seeing players move to teams like Brentford, Crystal Palace etc that wouldn't have been dreamed of 20 years ago especially if it is over Champions League football.

https://twitter.com/BarryMcGonigle/status/1491526440193601546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1491526440193601546%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
[fechar]
We have a bhoy in the house, welcome!  :drunk:

Been keeping an eye on Jota performance at Celtic, very happy all is going well with him and ofc with Celtic.
Congrats on the recent lead of the league, grab that title!

BENFICA76

Internacionalização do SB  :metal:

:coolsmiley:   :cool2:

Cob92

Citação de: BENFICA76 em 15 de Fevereiro de 2022, 05:58

Nisso è que somos bons.

Internationalizar a marca Benfica ao vender tudo aquilo que è bom à direita e à esquerda

BENFICA76

Citação de: Cob92 em 15 de Fevereiro de 2022, 14:17

Nisso è que somos bons.

Internationalizar a marca Benfica ao vender tudo aquilo que è bom à direita e à esquerda
O Almeidinhos continua cá  :tomates:

Celticfan

Celtic fans are pretty obsessive about their players. They call Glasgow a gold fish bowl as Celtic and Rangers players are treated like huge celebrities but also closely scrutinized by what they are doing on the field. I know it's a cliche but the 'more than a club' stuff is pretty relevant for both fanbases as both  fanbases are really invested but also for historical/societal reasons related to politics, religion etc. It sometimes takes foreign players by surprise if they don't know a lot about Scottish football. Some players don't realize the sheer size of the clubs till they join. When a player does well they are absolutely loved. Ex players like Henrik Larsson are living gods along with players from the 60's and 70's who won or went far in the Euopean cup during that decade. Jorge Cadete said his biggest regret was leaving Celtic too soon. He chased the money elsewhere. Cadete is well regarded by fans but he could have been a legend if he had stayed longer, especially if he had been part of the 1997-98 title winning team.

PS. It's highly likely if someone claims to be 'in the know' on this forum and says Jota is signing for Celtic or staying at Benfica that it will be picked up by the Scottish sports media as an exclusive citing 'close sources'. The Scottish sports media are super lazy. Would probably blow up Celtic twitter and forums if it's remotely credible. You'll make the newspapers but won't be credited by them  :huh:

The Scottish media steal transfer rumours from Celtic forums all the time.

st. michel

Citação de: Celticfan em 14 de Fevereiro de 2022, 16:28
Hi there. Celtic fan here. Apologies for not speaking Portuguese. Have a lot of respect for Benfica and Lisbon is a city that will forever be loved by our fans and most treat it as a pilgrimage to see the Estádio Nacional. I enjoyed the games against us in 2007 and 2008 (less so the games in Lisbon :D ) and loved seeing the Eagle fly around the stadium

Our team was a disaster last season and we had similar hatred to our board as you guys seem to have with Rui Costa etc. We seem to have extremely lucked out on our new manager who we brought in from Japan. He loves to play all out attacking football and so far just about every signing he has made has been great during a massive rebuild and for relatively little in transfer fees. He's also got the best from existing players and we look a lot fitter.

Jota is a fan favourite at the moment along with Kyogo and Hatate is fast becoming one. As part of our new managers style we are high intensity but towards the end of December players started getting hamstring injuries as we did not have the squad depth to rotate players. We seem to have that depth now.

Jota took a few games to get back into the swing of things and had a pretty quiet game against Rangers. Admittedly he was well marked which freed up players like Hatate to cause havoc. He's really in form just now though and he appears to be enjoying himself-

https://twitter.com/_EAMONFLYNN/status/1487475212962738182

https://twitter.com/CelticTV/status/1491703196926029828?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1491704283213008897%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

Celtic fans really want him to stay, he really suits the managers style and if he keeps up this progression could go to the very top. I think there is a worry he goes back to Benfica as many thought he would have signed in January but there is still time.

Has there been any talk in Portugal of what he is thinking? Him and Cameron Carter-Vickers are players on loan that every fan is desperate to sign. The winner of the Scottish league goes directly into the champions league group stages next year, so there may be that hope that it attracts him.

Would love to see him at Celtic for another season or two. Most understand that eventually players want to move down to England but I think Celtic are building a good thing at the moment. I can understand moves to bigger English clubs but with the way TV money has went I still find it a little hard to take seeing players move to teams like Brentford, Crystal Palace etc that wouldn't have been dreamed of 20 years ago especially if it is over Champions League football.

https://twitter.com/BarryMcGonigle/status/1491526440193601546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1491526440193601546%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Hey Celtic fan

Welcome to the forum. We're glad Jota is doing well. To your question, there are always rumors floating around here but I don't think anyone has said anything credible yet.

In terms of opinions, I think the average person around here thinks he is not coming back. Benfica is a bit of a dumpster fire right now and no one is very confident of having a credible project in place by next season. If you guys win the league with direct access to group stage and overall doing well, why would he come back? To an uncertain conjuncture, unclear project at best, unclear place in starting 11 and playing the pre-group stage elimination rounds?

Now, say that it's May and a Roma type club acting through some shady agent, comes to Benfica and says " I'll pay you 20 million for Jota; those guys at Celtic run their business well and they won't sell him for less than 30. If you get him back and sell it to me for 20 we'll even throw in 2 million to members of Benfica board payable in the Cayman Islands".

In that scenario, I'm pretty sure the Mafia that runs our club would pay Jota and his manager a good 3 or 4 million of "intermediation fees" to convince him to come back, cash their 2 million in the Cayman Isles and tell to supporters this was an amazing deal for 15 million to Benfica rather than the paltry 7.5 Celtic has  as a clause.

Welcome to Portugal!

Kyoto

Citação de: Atlas1 em 13 de Fevereiro de 2022, 23:42
Gostava de ver o Jota na esquerda, o Di Maria na direita, e o Gonçalo e o Gakpo no meio.

Depois acordo...
para mim Jota, Everton, Umaro e Di Maria seria show para as alas

MickaelSousa

Citação de: Kyoto em 15 de Fevereiro de 2022, 21:58
Gostava de ver o Jota na esquerda, o Di Maria na direita, e o Gonçalo e o Gakpo no meio.

Depois acordo...
o Conduto se apanhasse no mesmo jogo Umaro e Di Maria até se engasgava

AndreCruz11SLB

Depois acordo...

Sendo a realidade tão ma, vale sempre a pena sonhar

af10

Imaginem o que é ir a um fórum do Benfica ver os comentários sobre um jogador, e copiar um comentário do benfiquistade1a ;D

EusebioRei

Depois acordo...

Concordo sem o Everton, nessa lista :)