Hellas futebol

DoubleJ

Oly somehow finished above PAO :rir:

DoubleJ

Hopefully Aris wins the cup! Fucking PAOK winning the league...

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 19 de Maio de 2024, 20:10Oly somehow finished above PAO :rir:

We played better than them and if it wasn't for a fan punishment where the league deducted us points, we would have most likely been even further ahead.

What is hilarious is now, if Aris beat them in the Cup Final, a final PAO made sure no fans would attend.. PAO lose Europe!

Also, Alafouzos, the most disgusting Greek there is, who PAO fans protest daily, is not only selling is crap TV station SKAI to the Turks, reports are, he may even sell PAO to the same Turk! A Turk who is a massive fan of Erdogan!

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 19 de Maio de 2024, 20:11Hopefully Aris wins the cup! Fucking PAOK winning the league...

PAOK deserves it.

If it wasn't for our point deduction, we may have won it ourselves.

Let's hope Aris win the cup, most of Greece will probably want them to win.

Faliro

Faliro

DoubleJ

Faliro

Citação de: DoubleJ em 26 de Maio de 2024, 15:48Aris...  :disgust:

I am not a misogynist but the female referee lost control of the game in the first 5 minutes.

However Aris managed to be 0-0 in the 50th minute with PAO correctly down to 10 men.

For me  then Mantzios, the Aris coach, fucked up. He left on the 3 Aris players with yellow cards. One got sent off with a second yellow then a straight red for the Aris midfielder and it was over. Aris 9 men..

He should have brought on Fetfa and Birger Verstraete the minute Kotsiras got sent off. This defeat is 100% on Mantzios.

Faliro

PAO desperately scrambling for a new coach after another humiliating season resulting in them sacking Terim.

On the list, Italiano, Sarri and Rudi Garcia.

Festivus

I never read/hear news from Greece nowadays. Not even during the pandemic did I remember Greece struggling as much with the virus as many other countries did.

I guess things are long back to normal nowadays? They do say "no news is good news".

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 06 de Junho de 2024, 19:34I never read/hear news from Greece nowadays. Not even during the pandemic did I remember Greece struggling as much with the virus as many other countries did.

I guess things are long back to normal nowadays? They do say "no news is good news".

They have quietly rebuilt the country from the economic crisis. You are right, they are quiet because they are doing well. Everything is rising in quality..  except their car market.. too many citreons being forced on the country by macron.. :2funny:

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Junho de 2024, 22:38
Citação de: Festivus em 06 de Junho de 2024, 19:34I never read/hear news from Greece nowadays. Not even during the pandemic did I remember Greece struggling as much with the virus as many other countries did.

They have quietly rebuilt the country from the economic crisis. You are right, they are quiet because they are doing well. Everything is rising in quality..  except their car market.. too many citreons being forced on the country by macron.. :2funny:
I can't drive, so I don't get that joke. Are Citroens bad cars or something?

Anyway, economic growth doesn't necessarily mean things are getting better for a country's own citizens. The Portuguese economy has been growing since 2015 or so with the exception of the pandemic years, obviously, and recently the country also reduced its public debt a bit. Yet, Portuguese people aren't feeling such positive economic effects in their wallets. Public services also seem to be deteriorating and there's a big housing crisis with people unable to afford rent in Lisbon.

Faliro

Yes the housing issue is a global problem I think. Millions priced out. I also agree that GDP rising doesn't mean peopleare living better, especially with strong inflation.

I feel Greeks have weathered the storm somewhat. Tax system still stupid and taxes too high. But people living more within their means now then before when everyone had 17 loans..

The problem is deindustrialisation has wrecked most Western nations. Instead of evolving industries, we simply allowed China to take over and many European leftists like the fact China took over..

As for French technology.. I am not such a big fan. Greeks used to buy more Japanese and I preferred that.

Faliro

PAO get Diego Alonso as new manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiger leaves the presidency of AEK. He also sold the club!

The new president and owner, Marios Iliopoulos.

No price was disclosed for the transaction but a Greek sports website said the club changed hands for €90m ($96.7m).

Iliopoulos is a well-known owner of passenger ships operating under the Seajets brand.

He was one of the few players daring enough to buy cruise ships during the Covid crisis and has made considerable profits from flipping some of them after the pandemic.

A former rally race driver who is active in charity, Iliopoulos is not free from the controversy caused by the fraudulent sinking of the 150,000-dwt Brillante Virtuoso (built 1992) — a ship he owned.

The case gave rise to a prominent book by two Bloomberg journalists and also sparked initiatives to turn it into a TV film.

Faliro

Panionios asking the fans to pick from two new emblems.

https://www.facebook.com/pgssfootball/posts/1055802469672088?ref=embed_post

Shame, missed opportunity to just go with the orginal emblem, one of the best i have seen: