Hellas futebol

Festivus

Citação de: Trapattoni em 23 de Março de 2014, 00:08
Citação de: pcssousa em 22 de Março de 2014, 12:39
Don't mind Trap. Even youngsters listen to fado.
I only used to listen one music, nothing much ;D
You don't listen to "Ser Benfiquista" anymore?

Godescalco

You disappoint me, mr. Trap.

pcssousa

I consider Carlos do Carmo to be The Voice.
I love him since I was 17 or 18.
Ok, I prefer Fado de Coimbra rather than the conventional Fado de Lisboa. Always have, but one day I became student in Coimbra and that preference became stronger.

Actually, my favorite style of music is much more alternative and heavy.

Trapattoni

Citação de: pcssousa em 24 de Março de 2014, 18:05
I consider Carlos do Carmo to be The Voice.
I love him since I was 17 or 18.
Ok, I prefer Fado de Coimbra rather than the conventional Fado de Lisboa. Always have, but one day I became student in Coimbra and that preference became stronger.

Actually, my favorite style of music is much more alternative and heavy.
Meanwhile me, well...I only listened to Marisa
In my case i dont have lots of musical types so i dont stick just to one because i like music of all kinds, some more others less
I know this is gonna sound a litle bit strange but when i was like 10 to 12 years old i loved listening to old classic music like U2,Michael Jackson, Paul Maccartney, Queen or Beetles because my unkle lived here at my house and he had lots of those CDs, sometimes i would pass great amount of days just listening to it, but when time passed i started to listen to diferent kinds of music and lost interest on those

pcssousa

Well, since you're talking about music, I have to say my favorite band, by far, is from Athens.
Athens, GA, not Athens Greece. R.E.M.

:D

Festivus

Citação de: pcssousa em 24 de Março de 2014, 23:01
Well, since you're talking about music, I have to say my favorite band, by far, is from Athens.

I enjoy a couple of Greek bands: Rotting Christ and Septic Flesh. Good extreme metal.

Godescalco

Good Greek music is Rebetiko and Laiko.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 25 de Março de 2014, 00:21

I enjoy a couple of Greek bands: Rotting Christ and Septic Flesh. Good extreme metal.

I know this may sound strange, but most Greeks I know adore thrash metal/ extreme metal.. I have no explanation as to why. Greeks are simply infatuated with metal.  :crazy2:

There was a survey a few years back that showed that more Greeks watch MTV per head than any other eu nation. Now I don't think anyone there cares about MTV, but they love music of all cultures especially Brazil/

Interestingly, a former president of Greece,  Andreas Papandreou, comes to mind. He married his mistress - who was an airline hostess and in the end, she was running the country as his health faded. I heard from a few people, he would spend hours listening to fado in his office..  ::)

Myself I don't listen to Greek music much as it has too much emotion invested in it and I find it quite heavy. I listen to most music - rock- pop - classic - dance...still listen to a lot Bosa Nova.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Março de 2014, 18:03
Citação de: Festivus em 25 de Março de 2014, 00:21

I know this may sound strange, but most Greeks I know adore thrash metal/ extreme metal.. I have no explanation as to why. Greeks are simply infatuated with metal.  :crazy2:

There was a survey a few years back that showed that more Greeks watch MTV per head than any other eu nation. Now I don't think anyone there cares about MTV, but they love music of all cultures especially Brazil/

Interestingly, a former president of Greece,  Andreas Papandreou, comes to mind. He married his mistress - who was an airline hostess and in the end, she was running the country as his health faded. I heard from a few people, he would spend hours listening to fado in his office..  ::)

Myself I don't listen to Greek music much as it has too much emotion invested in it and I find it quite heavy. I listen to most music - rock- pop - classic - dance...still listen to a lot Bosa Nova.
Had no idea there was such a big Metal scene in Greece, to be honest.

No idea if MTV is popular here or not. I personally don't watch it. I'd guess that most people would rather listen to music on youtube or just download it instead.

I listen a lot to rock and classical music as well.

Trapattoni

MTV is getting worser here, one of the guys who actualy made a program with them was on my school and he was such an ass...Even people from there hated him
A bunch of guys who think a lot of themselves because they like being Swaged, and then when he could would always come to botther me, problem was, i reacted once, after that the guy never had a single word with me, i guess he got the lesson
Its much better watching music from youtube or download it then to watch some pitty ass songs from MTV

Godescalco

Festivus

Hasn't MTV pretty much turned into a reality TV network?

josantiago

Even Greece has a Heavy Metal festival dedicated to the old school sound:

http://www.up-the-hammers.gr/

:dance:

Festivus

Citação de: josantiago em 26 de Março de 2014, 01:01
Even Greece has a Heavy Metal festival dedicated to the old school sound:

http://www.up-the-hammers.gr/

:dance:
Always good to discover new Metal bands.  :metal:

Godescalco

I used to be very much into heavy and thrash metal in my teens and early twenties. Even death metal.

But I'm basically over it now. I can listen to something every now and then but it's not the same as before.