Hellas futebol

Faliro

Proof is the chilling speech of Tassos Bakaseta before the national team set foot on the grass of the emblematic English stadium: "We know very well what a team we are and what we have achieved to get here. We have nothing to fear from anyone and we are going to show it from the first minute. We know the peculiarity of the game, many of us know what George means.

George has always been an example for the team, giving his soul, putting the team above all and even sacrificing his physical integrity. Today in the game will be our example. Each of us will sacrifice ourselves to honor him as he deserves. Let's all be ready."

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DA9WWept2u4/?igsh=MXYzYmtseGk5c3MzaQ==

AlexGR

George was a player that everyone liked. It is very sad.

AlexGR

Citação de: Zarathustra em 10 de Outubro de 2024, 22:00@Faliro, what happened in the life of Sotiris Ninis? Don't even know where he is right now but I remember believing he was going to be Greece's brightest star, I even bought him for Benfica in Football Manager 2008.

His career peaked at 19. He had a good 1 year at Panthainikos around 2010 (the last time we had money and a decent team :D ). The highlight was the 2-3 win at Roma (he made 1 goal and 2 assists to Cisse).

He was supposed to be the next big thing. Then ACL inury. He was never the same after that., I don't know if it was just the injury, but it also appeared that he wasn't really trying hard enough after that, He managed to get transfer to Parma, but only played a few minutes.
After that he bounced between greek clubs, small european clubs and no clubs without anything good to report. He is 34 now with no club.

Covenant

Faliro

Citação de: Zarathustra em 10 de Outubro de 2024, 22:00@Faliro, what happened in the life of Sotiris Ninis? Don't even know where he is right now but I remember believing he was going to be Greece's brightest star, I even bought him for Benfica in Football Manager 2008.

I actually believe talent wise he was least at Deco's level and had he been raised in Portugal he would have had a better career. Chelsea closely monitored him for years.

Injuries and lack of ambition, naivety and silly decisions held him back. It also didn't help that the just as the Greek media idolises average players like Bakasetas, Alexandros Tziolis and Stafylidis, they usually turn aggressively on small playmakers like Fetfatzidis, Ninis and Neri Castillo -players who can actually change a game. Ninis never stood a chance in Greece. He should have signed for Betis when they offered him a contract early in his career.

Faliro