Hellas futebol

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:10
Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:06
I wonder why PAO have been better than Olympiacos in Europeam competitions, always.
Reminds me of Turkey. Galatasaray have always been better than Fenerbahçe in Europe.

But the diference betwen them is not that big.

Festivus

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:13
I wonder why PAO have been better than Olympiacos in Europeam competitions, always.
Reminds me of Turkey. Galatasaray have always been better than Fenerbahçe in Europe.

But the diference betwen them is not that big.
Liceu has 2 things that Fenerbahçe doesn't, though.   :smokin:

Godescalco

Fener has reached the semis of the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup and also the Quarter-finals of the Champions League. They also won the Balkans Cup back in 67.

Galatasaray have been better in Europe overall, that's true, but perhaps due to being a more European minded club.

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:13
Citação de: Gottschalk em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:10
Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:03In fact, Juventus record is only 3 in a row.

It's 5 in a row actually. Juve, Toro and Inter have all won 5 in a row.
Really? I could have sworn that I've read somewhere that 3 Scudettos in a row was a record for Juventus. Checking it right now on the wikipedia it was back in the 30s. I don't think Juventus was linked to corruption back then.

There has always been corruption in Italian football, even back in the 30's, although the sport was purer in those days. It's unfair to constantly single Juventus out, IMO.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:17

Fener has reached the semis of the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup and also the Quarter-finals of the Champions League. They also won the Balkans Cup back in 67.

Galatasaray have been better in Europe overall, that's true, but perhaps due to being a more European minded club.
I remember them winning the UEFA Cup. Some were predicting that Turkish football was gonna grow a lot in the next few years... and it didn't.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:18
Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:03In fact, Juventus record is only 3 in a row.

Really? I could have sworn that I've read somewhere that 3 Scudettos in a row was a record for Juventus. Checking it right now on the wikipedia it was back in the 30s. I don't think Juventus was linked to corruption back then.

There has always been corruption in Italian football, even back in the 30's, although the sport was purer in those days. It's unfair to constantly single Juventus out, IMO.
Yea, Juventus are no saints, but no one really is in Italy. I'm honestly surprised that they get the worst reputation in Italy when it comes to corruption, though. How are they more corrupt than AC Milan, Berlusconi's club? Surely a man who has been prime-minister of Italy like 3 times, owner of AC Milan and RAI network(don't quote me on this, I'm not 100% sure) could have corrupted with a lot more ease than Juventus that had different presidents/owners/chairmen in the last 20-30 years, right? Or was he too busy banging whores and drinking wine as PM of Italy?

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:18

I remember them winning the UEFA Cup. Some were predicting that Turkish football was gonna grow a lot in the next few years... and it didn't.

That was a fantastic achievement for a Turkish club.

Yes, the league didn't grow as much as expected but it's better nowadays. It's a long process.

It has nothing to do with the 80's and the 70's for instance.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:22
Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:18

That was a fantastic achievement for a Turkish club.

Yes, the league didn't grow as much as expected but it's better nowadays. It's a long process.

It has nothing to do with the 80's and the 70's for instance.
It's not one of the worst leagues, and it has potential. It's on the same tier as ours, Russia's and Eredivisie, imo.

josantiago

Portuguese fans speaking in english with each other

Festivus

Citação de: josantiago em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:24
It stops being awkward after a couple of minutes.

T1n0_SLB

But you can't compare PAO vs Oly with Fener vs Gala.

Since 96 PAO won only 2 league.

And AEK was also stolen.

Festivus

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:25
But you can't compare PAO vs Oly with Fener vs Gala.

Since 96 PAO won only 2 league.

And AEK was also stolen.
Indeed, the Turkish league has more parity. The Greek league is a walkover for Olympiacos most of the time.

josantiago

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:25
And it didn't feel awkward after I mentioned it?

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:22
Citação de: Gottschalk em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:18

Yea, Juventus are no saints, but no one really is in Italy. I'm honestly surprised that they get the worst reputation in Italy when it comes to corruption, though. How are they more corrupt than AC Milan, Berlusconi's club? Surely a man who has been prime-minister of Italy like 3 times, owner of AC Milan and RAI network(don't quote me on this, I'm not 100% sure) could have corrupted with a lot more ease than Juventus that had different presidents/owners/chairmen in the last 20-30 years, right? Or was he too busy banging whores and drinking wine as PM of Italy?

Berlusconi was more into football in the 80's when he bought the club and the 90's. After his political career got in its tracks, he basically left the running of the football club to Galliani and Braida.

Moratti is also a very powerful oil tycoon. And we all know about the Agnelli family and FIAT. All of the big three have enough power to check each others out.

Festivus

Citação de: josantiago em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:27
Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:25
And it didn't feel awkward after I mentioned it?
No. Not to me, at least.