Hellas futebol

Faliro

Faliro

PAOK have been deducted 3 points in the play offs for their incitement of violence which means they may miss out on the CL next season. They will also start the new season with a two game home ban and -3 points.

PAO should get -3 points also for the Leoforo incidents, however, they are one of the most corrupt clubs and may avoid the punishment through bribery.

As for the Greece national coach, Bielsa was lost to Marseille. The focus now is on the unprofessional Lothar Matteus and the under experienced coach Tardelli.

MrCobb

Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Maio de 2014, 13:39
PAOK have been deducted 3 points in the play offs for their incitement of violence which means they miss out on the CL next season. They will also start the new season with a two game home ban and -3 points.

PAO should get -3 points also for the Leoforo incidents, however, they are one of the most corrupt clubs and may avoid the punishment through bribery.

As for the Greece national coach, Bielsa was lost to Marseille. The focus now is on the unprofessional Lothar Matteus and the under experienced coach Tardelli.
Matthaus,Tardelli? Greece deserve a more better coach than this 2 guys.

Faliro

Citação de: MrCobb em 06 de Maio de 2014, 13:52
Citação de: Faliro em 06 de Maio de 2014, 13:39
PAOK have been deducted 3 points in the play offs for their incitement of violence which means they miss out on the CL next season. They will also start the new season with a two game home ban and -3 points.

Matthaus,Tardelli? Greece deserve a more better coach than this 2 guys.

I know, many were just saying the EPO should give Bielsa whatever he wants. However, I recon they only offered €850,000.. so the result was obvious.. The EPO is an exceptionally corrupt organisation. They are very wealthy, but spend very very little money on the Greek NT or infrastructure. Instead they filter out the money into private accounts  most probably. They recently won a court ruling (last year) meaning they don't have to show their accounts - how much they make, spend or owe making them completely masked. They are a disgrace and no one talks about it because no one cares. Most Greeks support their team first, the national team is not respected. Most those who attend games in the World Cup will be Greeks from Germany, Australia, America etc. Greeks from Greece don't give a shit about the national team and rarely go to games.

Covenant

I see, in the home games the stadium, and they play in the Olympiakos stadium, don't even in the bigger OAKA. PAO is more corrupt than Olympiakos? I read that Olympiakos are corruptsin Greece. Even Cisse talked about that.

Faliro

They play in Faliro and most the time the stadium is empty. They even let school children in to make it look more full..

As for PAO, must has been said already. The simplest way I can put it is like me buying a Ferrari and you buying a 1970's skoda and racing down a road. When I win, you complain that my tires are illegal and that is why I won...

PAO have not spend money on their team/stadium/ or infrastructure but that is not why they lose to teams at the bottom of the league... of course not.. it is because the refs are paid by olympiakos..  :disgust:

Schweisen Tiger

Nothing against Olympiakos....but life taught me to always be suspicious when a team wins 15 campionships out of 17. I find pretty hard to believe that in 17 years, there was just more capacity, better players, higher investment that could justify such difference to the other competitors. I don't know greek sporting environment...but by my own portuguese experience, I'd say that it's almost impossible...but hey, since I've seen Greece winning an Euro Cup, everything can happen.

Faliro

I understand, but simply look at transfermarket.de. We outspent them massively every season the last 20 years except the year they bought Cisse with their new owner, Pateras, who left the year after. The year they spent more than us with Cisse they won the league...

They developed a culture of blaming Olympiakos for their owners under spending - even in Europe they would lose 5-0 non stop.. I remember one of their owners was distributing free dvd's showing how Olympiakos cheated before a game at Leorforos..  :crazy2:

If Olympiakos had not massively outspent PAO nearly every season, than yes, it would be suspicious.. but when we are spending 50 million euros more each year... it is like shooting fish in a barrel..

Festivus

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 07 de Maio de 2014, 00:43
Nothing against Olympiakos....but life taught me to always be suspicious when a team wins 15 campionships out of 17. I find pretty hard to believe that in 17 years, there was just more capacity, better players, higher investment that could justify such difference to the other competitors. I don't know greek sporting environment...but by my own portuguese experience, I'd say that it's almost impossible...but hey, since I've seen Greece winning an Euro Cup, everything can happen.
Rosenborg also won 13 championships in a row once. I wonder if corruption was involved or if they were just simply better and outspent their opponents by a wide margin.

Can't think of any other place outside of Norway and Greece where something similar to this happened. Sure, both Rangers and Celtic have won around 7 to 9 leagues in a row each, but that's quite balanced. That league is a two-horse race. And then there's Lyon in France that won 7 in a row once, but I've never heard of corruption suspicions from there.

It's not that simple, I guess. Juventus, Porto, Fenerbahçe and Milan have been linked to corruption scandals before and none of them has won 7 or 8 championships in a row. In fact, Juventus record is only 3 in a row. And Fenerbahçe have never won more than 2 in a row unlike Galatasaray, Besiktas and Trabzonspor have in the past.

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Maio de 2014, 00:33
They play in Faliro and most the time the stadium is empty. They even let school children in to make it look more full..

As for PAO, must has been said already. The simplest way I can put it is like me buying a Ferrari and you buying a 1970's skoda and racing down a road. When I win, you complain that my tires are illegal and that is why I won...

PAO have not spend money on their team/stadium/ or infrastructure but that is not why they lose to teams at the bottom of the league... of course not.. it is because the refs are paid by olympiakos..  :disgust:

Only these last two season.

About stadiuns you should be gratefull to your government.

T1n0_SLB

I wonder why PAO have been better than Olympiacos in Europeam competitions, always.

Festivus

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:06
I wonder why PAO have been better than Olympiacos in Europeam competitions, always.
Reminds me of Turkey. Galatasaray have always been better than Fenerbahçe in Europe.

Godescalco

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:03In fact, Juventus record is only 3 in a row.

It's 5 in a row actually. Juve, Toro and Inter have all won 5 in a row.

Festivus

Citação de: Gottschalk em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:10
Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Maio de 2014, 01:03In fact, Juventus record is only 3 in a row.

It's 5 in a row actually. Juve, Toro and Inter have all won 5 in a row.
Really? I could have sworn that I've read somewhere that 3 Scudettos in a row was a record for Juventus. Checking it right now on the wikipedia it was back in the 30s. I don't think Juventus was linked to corruption back then.