Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Festivus

Faliro, since you live in England(London, I believe?) do you have any English club you particularly like or follow?

Also, how do you feel about Brexit and British politics as of late? And how do you feel about Margaret Thatcher and her legacy?

Random, I know, but you seem to enjoy talking about your political and historic opinions/views, so I'm curious :)

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 27 de Junho de 2019, 23:35
Faliro, since you live in England(London, I believe?) do you have any English club you particularly like or follow?

Never really took to a club here. When I was young I liked Brian McClair and supported Man U. In my first proper school I was told to support a club local to me instead so sort of went with Chelsea who were still bad back back then and had not yet become Russian money central. One of my first bosses gave me some VIP tickets a Chelsea and I also went to many away games for them. However - it was never true love - for any of them.

CitaçãoAlso, how do you feel about Brexit and British politics as of late? And how do you feel about Margaret Thatcher and her legacy?

I voted Brexit, I am not enamoured with German politics - which sets the agenda for the rest of the EU and indeed I do not admire Germany, Holland, Belgium the same way I do Hellas and the south in general. I never want to be a nation where a German bureaucrat sets my tax or decides on product standards. I don't mind if our domestic politicians are bad - as long as they can be voted out by us. It is about independence. One day the world will be totally globalised. I don't mind slowing that down by a few years.

My own politics can be described by others as of the right but that is exclusively by people whose politics are of the left. I didn't care either way about Thatcher but her legacy has been very divisive. However this turmoil was always on the cards as our economy inevitably switched from a industrial one to a service based one. I dislike low IQed narcissists like Heseltine immensely - a type of politician of which the Tories contain many. I have not really been blown away by any PM in my life. Major and May seem identical to me even though they probably are not. Even Hunt seems the same as the above 3.

CitaçãoRandom, I know, but you seem to enjoy talking about your political and historic opinions/views, so I'm curious :)

Yes, I enjoy politics.  :)

Faliro

Porto...

CitaçãoDue to Olympiacos' high placement in UEFA's Club Coefficient Ranking (35th), the Reds will be "seeded" for both the second and third qualifying round draws, leading to theoretically easier opponents. However, if they advance to the qualifying playoffs, they will be "unseeded" in the draw and will have a theoretically tougher opponent.

In the four-team second qualifying round, Olympiacos will either be drawn with PSV Eindhoven (NED) or Viktoria Plzen (CZE, who are both unseeded for the draw.

If Olympiacos advance to the third qualifying round their possible opponents will consist of the unseeded teams: Basaksehir (TUR), Krasnodar (RUS), Club Brugge (BEL), and LASK Linz (AUT).

If Olympiacos advance to the Champions League playoffs, they will be unseeded for the draw. Possible opponents include the teams mentioned above plus FC Porto (POR) and Dynamo Kyiv (UKR).

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 28 de Junho de 2019, 10:09

Never really took to a club here. When I was young I liked Brian McClair and supported Man U. In my first proper school I was told to support a club local to me instead so sort of went with Chelsea who were still bad back back then and had not yet become Russian money central. One of my first bosses gave me some VIP tickets a Chelsea and I also went to many away games for them. However - it was never true love - for any of them.

CitaçãoAlso, how do you feel about Brexit and British politics as of late? And how do you feel about Margaret Thatcher and her legacy?

I voted Brexit, I am not enamoured with German politics - which sets the agenda for the rest of the EU and indeed I do not admire Germany, Holland, Belgium the same way I do Hellas and the south in general. I never want to be a nation where a German bureaucrat sets my tax or decides on product standards. I don't mind if our domestic politicians are bad - as long as they can be voted out by us. It is about independence. One day the world will be totally globalised. I don't mind slowing that down by a few years.

My own politics can be described by others as of the right but that is exclusively by people whose politics are of the left. I didn't care either way about Thatcher but her legacy has been very divisive. However this turmoil was always on the cards as our economy inevitably switched from a industrial one to a service based one. I dislike low IQed narcissists like Heseltine immensely - a type of politician of which the Tories contain many. I have not really been blown away by any PM in my life. Major and May seem identical to me even though they probably are not. Even Hunt seems the same as the above 3.

CitaçãoRandom, I know, but you seem to enjoy talking about your political and historic opinions/views, so I'm curious :)

I feel like the economic switches from industry to services are always controversial decision. The industry always suffers. I guess that was also inevitable once China opened to the world...

Countries like Germany and Japan still remain nations with strong industries. But even USA's industry has suffered in the 70s-80s or so. Didn't Japan buy a lot of American companies around that time?

Btw, did you know EDP, Portugal's electricity company, has Chinese owners nowadays?

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 28 de Junho de 2019, 22:01

I feel like the economic switches from industry to services are always controversial decision. The industry always suffers. I guess that was also inevitable once China opened to the world...

Countries like Germany and Japan still remain nations with strong industries. But even USA's industry has suffered in the 70s-80s or so. Didn't Japan buy a lot of American companies around that time?

Btw, did you know EDP, Portugal's electricity company, has Chinese owners nowadays?

They really getting their feet under the carpet..

As for Germany, its industry is failing. Many of its cars are now built in Austria, Spain, Czech Republic, Mexico etc. China one day will also see an industrial decline. It is the way of things.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 28 de Junho de 2019, 22:13

As for Germany, its industry is failing. Many of its cars are now built in Austria, Spain, Czech Republic, Mexico etc. China one day will also see an industrial decline. It is the way of things.
China has Europe by the balls. They've been buying and investing in a lot of estate in former Estern Bloc countries like Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, etc, for example. China is basically a big bully no one has the balls or the safeguard to go against. Even Americans are scared shitless of angering China. Because if China doesn't do business with you or bellies up, the world economy will suffer.

The rich politicians and business folk will find a way around and only the regular people like you and I will feel the consequences.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 28 de Junho de 2019, 22:23
Citação de: Faliro em 28 de Junho de 2019, 22:13

China has Europe by the balls. They've been buying and investing in a lot of estate in former Estern Bloc countries like Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, etc, for example. China is basically a big bully no one has the balls or the safeguard to go against. Even Americans are scared shitless of angering China. Because if China doesn't do business with you or bellies up, the world economy will suffer.

The rich politicians and business folk will find a way around and only the regular people like you and I will feel the consequences.

Well we deserve to be fucked by China - that is what happens when you let leftists dictate policy. In the UK - when the Chinese PM visited, he was treated like a God visiting his people. Smiles all round. When trump visited the UK there were mass protests, London Islamic Mayor attacked him before he even got off the plane.. media savaged him. EU is not so different. Trump/USA bad - China/Communism good.

So at the end of the day, if you dress like this...

Don't be shocked if you attract suitors..

European westernism is a dying concept. The EU and UK have helped the managed decline.

Festivus

Faliro, many years ago you talked with Jotenko about national flags and the ones you liked and dislike and their meaning. What about club crests? I find Olympiacos' crest very classy. You can look at it and just tell that it's a Greek sports club. I also like AEK's and PAOK's crests. They also look very Greek.

Ofc I love Benfica's. I'm biased, though ;D

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 01 de Julho de 2019, 22:54
Faliro, many years ago you talked with Jotenko about national flags and the ones you liked and dislike and their meaning. What about club crests? I find Olympiacos' crest very classy. You can look at it and just tell that it's a Greek sports club. I also like AEK's and PAOK's crests. They also look very Greek.

Ofc I love Benfica's. I'm biased, though ;D

I like Benfica's badge and colours. Super fans too. Very civilised and funny too.

Olympiacos has the best crest in Greece imo. As a result some teams have copied us - like Olympiakos Volos.

The badge is a representation of Ancient Olympic values - these values reflect honour and victory (laurel) - rather than the modern Olympic values - trying hard, multi-culturalism, honouring others, bla bla bla..

And the name of the club itself is beautiful: Oλυμπιακός Σύνδεσμος Φιλάθλων Πειραιώς; Olympiakós Sýndesmos Filáthlon Peiraiós, "Olympic Club Fans of Piraeus." The club is about the fans - even in the name from the beginning.

AEK fixed their badge by putting the cross on the globe on the right because I said the globe without the cross looked stupid for over a decade. ((Just a theory of mine, I really attacked them about it and when Tiger took over a few years ago he altered the emblem adding the cross - now the club has the exact emblem of the Byzantine Empire.)) There are many classical Greek badges - Panaitolikos (with Titormus on the badge), PAS (The crest depicts an ancient bull with an oak wreath, as appeared in an ancient coin (238–168 BC) of the Epirote League plus the word "ΑΠΕΙΡΩΤΑΝ" meaning "people of Epirus"), Aris with Ares on their crest... etc etc. All very classy.  My favourite outside Olympiacos is one not really used anymore. It is Panionios's old crest. They were founded in 1890... in Smyrna - now Izmir and when the Greeks were removed from there in 1922 - the Greeks took their famous club to Athens. The name: Πανιώνιος Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Σμύρνης, Panionios Gymnastikos Syllogos Smyrnis, literally: the Pan-Ionian Gymnastics Club of Smyrna. The original badge was an image of the goddess Nike. A slightly later one was a gem - the initials of this name Panionios Smyna against each other:

And perhaps one of the best looking logos of a team I have ever seen. Simple and instantly iconic:

Recoba wearing a shirt that honoured that old emblem that they now rarely use:

Other badges I like - Barcelona (I am biased..  ;D), Corinthians, Cruzeiro, Cruz Azul, etc. National badges? Portugal, Brazil, Hellas, Turkey (actually a Greek symbol*), Russia, England etc

* The flag of Constantinople before the Turks conquered it and adopted the symbols of the city:

Faliro

Derbies*:

3η αγωνιστική (14-16 Σεπ) & 16η αγωνιστική (21-23 Δεκ): Άρης - Παναθηναϊκός

4η αγωνιστική (21-23 Σεπ) & 17η αγωνιστική (4-6 Ιαν): Παναθηναϊκός - Ολυμπιακός & ΠΑΟΚ - Άρης

5η αγωνιστική (28-30 Σεπ) & 18η αγωνιστική (11-13 Ιαν): ΑΕΚ - ΠΑΟΚ

6η αγωνιστική (5-6 Οκτ) & 19η αγωνιστική (18-19 Ιαν): Άρης - Ολυμπιακός

8η αγωνιστική (26-28 Οκτ) & 21η αγωνιστική (25-27 Ιαν): Ολυμπιακός - ΑΕΚ

9η αγωνιστική (2-4 Νοε) & 22η αγωνιστική (1-3 Φεβρ): ΠΑΟΚ - Παναθηναϊκός

10η αγωνιστική (9-10 Νοε) & 23η αγωνστική (8-10 Φεβρ): Παναθηναϊκός - ΑΕΚ

11η αγωνιστική (23-25 Νοε) & 24η αγωνιστική (16-17 Φεβρ): ΑΕΚ - Άρης

12η αγωνιστική (30 Νοε - 2 Δεκ) & 25 αγωνιστική (22-24 Φεβρ): Ολυμπιακός - ΠΑΟΚ

Complete Schedule*:

1η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
24-26 Αυγούστου

ΑΕΚ - Ξάνθη

Άρης - ΟΦΗ

Ατρόμητος - ΑΕΛ

Ολυμπιακός - Αστέρας

Πανιώνιος - Βόλος

ΠΑΟΚ - Παναιτωλικός

Λαμία - Παναθηναϊκός

2η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
31 Αυγούστου - 01/02 Σεπτεμβρίου

ΑΕΛ - Ολυμπιακός

Αστέρας - ΑΕΚ

Βόλος - Άρης

Παναθηναϊκός - ΟΦΗ

Παναιτωλικός - Ξάνθη

ΠΑΟΚ - Πανιώνιος

Λαμία - Ατρόμητος

3η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
14-16 Σεπτεμβρίου

ΑΕΚ - Λαμία

Ξάνθη - Αστέρας

Άρης - Παναθηναϊκός

Ατρόμητος - ΠΑΟΚ

Ολυμπιακός - Βόλος

ΟΦΗ - Παναιτωλικός

Πανιώνιος - ΑΕΚ

4η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
21-23 Σεπτεμβρίου

ΑΕΛ - Ξάνθη

Αστέρας - Ατρόμητος

Βόλος - ΟΦΗ

Παναθηναϊκός - Ολυμπιακός

Παναιτωλικός - ΑΕΚ

ΠΑΟΚ - Άρης

Λαμία - Πανιώνιος

5η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
28-30 Σεπτεμβρίου

ΑΕΚ - ΠΑΟΚ

Ξάνθη - Βόλος

Άρης - ΑΕΛ

Ατρόμητος - Παναιτωλικός

Ολυμπιακός - Λαμία

ΟΦΗ - Αστέρας

Πανιώνιος - Παναθηναϊκός

6η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
05-07 Οκτωβρίου

ΑΕΛ - ΑΕΚ

Άρης - Ολυμπιακός

Αστέρας - ΠΑΟΚ

Βόλος - Ατρόμητος

ΟΦΗ - Πανιώνιος

Παναθηναϊκός - Ξάνθη

Λαμία - Παναιτωλικός

7η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
19-21 Οκτωβρίου

ΑΕΚ - Βόλος

Ξάνθη - Άρης

Ατρόμητος - Παναθηναϊκός

Ολυμπιακός - ΟΦΗ

Παναιτωλικός - ΑΕΛ

Πανιώνιος - Αστέρας

ΠΑΟΚ - Λαμία

8η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
26-28 Οκτωβρίου

Άρης - Παναιτωλικός

Αστέρας - Λαμία

Ατρόμητος - Πανιώνιος

Βόλος - ΠΑΟΚ

Ολυμπιακός - ΑΕΚ

ΟΦΗ - Ξάνθη

Παναθηναϊκός - ΑΕΛ

9η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
2-4 Νοεμβρίου

ΑΕΚ - Ατρόμητος

ΑΕΛ - ΟΦΗ

Ξάνθη - Ολυμπιακός

Παναιτωλικός - Αστέρας

Πανιώνιος - Άρης

ΠΑΟΚ - Παναθηναϊκός

Λαμία - Βόλος

10η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
9 -11 Νοεμβρίου

ΑΕΛ - Λαμία

Ξάνθη - Πανιώνιος

Άρης - Αστέρας

Βόλος - Παναιτωλικός

Ολυμπιακός - Ατρόμητος

ΟΦΗ - ΠΑΟΚ

Παναθηναϊκός - ΑΕΚ

11η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
23-25 Νοεμβρίου

ΑΕΚ - Άρης

Αστέρας - Βόλος

Ατρόμητος - ΟΦΗ

Παναιτωλικός - Παναθηναϊκός

Πανιώνιος - Ολυμπιακός

ΠΑΟΚ - ΑΕΛ

Λαμία - Ξάνθη

12η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
30 Νοεμβρίου 1-2 Δεκεμβρίου

ΑΕΛ - Βόλος

Ξάνθη - Ατρόμητος

Άρης - Λαμία

Ολυμπιακός - ΠΑΟΚ

ΟΦΗ - ΑΕΚ

Παναθηναϊκός - Αστέρας

Πανιώνιος - Παναιτωλικός

13η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
7-9 Δεκεμβρίου

ΑΕΚ - Πανιώνιος

Αστέρας - ΑΕΛ

Ατρόμητος - Άρης

Βόλος - Παναθηναϊκός

Παναιτωλικός - Ολυμπιακός

ΠΑΟΚ - Ξάνθη

Λαμία - ΟΦΗ

14η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
14-15 Δεκεμβρίου

Ξάνθη - ΑΕΚ

ΟΦΗ - Άρης

ΑΕΛ - Ατρόμητος

Αστέρας - Ολυμπιακός

Βόλος - Πανιώνιος

Παναιτωλικός - ΠΑΟΚ

Παναθηναϊκός - Λαμία

15η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
18-19 Δεκεμβρίου

Ολυμπιακός - ΑΕΛ

ΑΕΚ - Αστέρας

Άρης - Βόλος

ΟΦΗ - Παναθηναϊκός

Ξάνθη - Παναιτωλικός

Πανιώνιος - ΠΑΟΚ

Ατρόμητος - Λαμία

16η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
21-23 Δεκεμβρίου

Λαμία - ΑΕΚ

Αστέρας - Ξάνθη

Παναθηναϊκός - Άρης

ΠΑΟΚ - Ατρόμητος

Βόλος - Ολυμπιακός

Παναιτωλικός - ΟΦΗ

ΑΕΚ - Πανιώνιος

17η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
04-06 Ιανουαρίου

Ξάνθη - ΑΕΛ

Ατρόμητος - Αστέρας

ΟΦΗ - Βόλος

Ολυμπιακός - Παναθηναϊκός

ΑΕΚ - Παναιτωλικός

Άρης - ΠΑΟΚ

Πανιώνιος - Λαμία

18η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
11-13 Ιανουαρίου

ΠΑΟΚ - ΑΕΚ

Βόλος - Ξάνθη

ΑΕΛ - Άρης

Παναιτωλικός - Ατρόμητος

Λαμία - Ολυμπιακός

Αστέρας - ΟΦΗ

Παναθηναϊκός - Πανιώνιος

19η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
18-19 Ιανουαρίου

ΑΕΚ - ΑΕΛ

Ολυμπιακός - Άρης

ΠΑΟΚ - Αστέρας

Ατρόμητος - Βόλος

Πανιώνιος - ΟΦΗ

Ξάνθη - Παναθηναϊκός

Παναιτωλικός - Λαμία

20η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
22-23 Ιανουαρίου

Βόλος - ΑΕΚ

Άρης - Ξάνθη

Παναθηναϊκός - Ατρόμητος

ΟΦΗ - Ολυμπιακός

ΑΕΛ - Παναιτωλικός

Αστέρας - Πανιώνιος

Λαμία - ΠΑΟΚ

21η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
25-27 Ιανουαρίου

Παναιτωλικός - Άρης

Λαμία - Αστέρας

Πανιώνιος  - Ατρόμητος

ΠΑΟΚ - Βόλος

ΑΕΚ - Ολυμπιακός

Ξάνθη - ΟΦΗ

ΑΕΛ - Παναθηναϊκός

22η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
01-03 Φεβρουαρίου

Ατρόμητος - ΑΕΚ

ΟΦΗ - ΑΕΛ

Ολυμπιακός  - Ξάνθη

Αστέρας - Παναιτωλικός

Άρης - Πανιώνιος

Παναθηναϊκός  - ΠΑΟΚ

Βόλος - Λαμία

23η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
08-10 Φεβρουαρίου

Λαμία - ΑΕΛ

Πανιώνιος  - Ξάνθη

Αστέρας - Άρης

Παναιτωλικός  - Βόλος

Ατρόμητος  - Ολυμπιακός

ΠΑΟΚ - ΟΦΗ

ΑΕΚ - Παναθηναϊκός

24η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
15-17 Φεβρουαρίου

Άρης - ΑΕΚ

Βόλος - Αστέρας

ΟΦΗ - Ατρόμητος

Παναθηναϊκός - Παναιτωλικός

Ολυμπιακός - Πανιώνιος

ΑΕΛ - ΠΑΟΚ

Λαμία - Ξάνθη

25η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
22-24 Φεβρουαρίου

Βόλος - ΑΕΛ

Ατρόμητος  - Ξάνθη

Λαμία - Άρης

ΠΑΟΚ - Ολυμπιακός

ΑΕΚ - ΟΦΗ

Αστέρας - Παναθηναϊκός

Παναιτωλικός  - Πανιώνιος

26η ΑΓΩΝΙΣΤΙΚΗ
01 Μαρτίου

Πανιώνιος - ΑΕΚ

ΑΕΛ - Αστέρας

Άρης  - Ατρόμητος

Παναθηναϊκός  - Βόλος

Ολυμπιακός - Παναιτωλικός

Ξάνθη - ΠΑΟΚ

ΟΦΗ  - Λαμία

*I think your Greek is good enough by now Benfiquistas to work out what is written.  :smokin:

Faliro

Faliro

Citação de: Chelas em 06 de Julho de 2019, 10:40

Was not blown away. Curious if he has anything to offer.

Festivus

Greek elections today?