Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Julho de 2019, 12:01
Greek elections today?

Yes and big chance the Trotskyists who gave away the name 'Macedonia,' weakened Greek borders with Turkey, built a mega mosque in central Athens and championed refugees are going to be booted. Despite the media and state media (ERT) desperately pleading with Greeks to re-elect Syriza, seems they are finished. A pro EU globalist (like Syriza) centrist government will most likely replace them. Same bullshit but not so extreme left like Syriza.  Remember, around 75% of the population of Greece were against Tsipras giving away the name Macedonia. Tsipras called them (75%  of the country..) - 'fascists.'

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 07 de Julho de 2019, 13:09
Greek elections today?

Yes and big chance the Trotskyists who gave away the name 'Macedonia,' weakened Greek borders with Turkey, built a mega mosque in central Athens and championed refugees are going to be booted. Despite the media and state media (ERT) desperately pleading with Greeks to re-elect Syriza, seems they are finished. A pro EU globalist (like Syriza) centrist government will most likely replace them. Same bullshit but no so extreme left like Syriza.  Remember, around 75% of the population of Greece were against Tsipras giving away the name Macedonia. Tsipras called them (75%  of the country..) - 'fascists.'
I can really feel your frustration with your homeland. You remind me of a lot of Portuguese people. We love to complain about our country as well haha. But in all seriousness, it's hard not to be cynical and negative here. Our country disappoints us constantly. Being Portuguese is very frustrating, lemme tell you.

Hard to take pride in something so flawed, plus a lot of elements of Portuguese culture, if not most, are unappealing to me or things I'm not very familiar with. Could be because I've lived in Lisbon my whole life, but all of those traditions from smaller towns and rural areas mean nothing to me. I also don't care for festivities nor am I religious.

That being said, I'm not fond of the idea of our country becoming more and more americanised. Fortunately, Portugal is not one of the most americanised nations out there yet. The mentality of a lot of young Brits, Dutch, Irish, Germans and Scandinavians I've met seems scarily close to the mentality of Americans in some points. Portuguese culture might not be glamorous or interesting for outsiders, but it has a lot of simplicity about it, and it's also not pretentious or in your face.

Back to economics and such, I feel like the 2007-2008 crash changed the world forever. Let's face it, the bubble days of the 80s-90s prosperity are long gone. Eventually there will be another global recession and countries like yours and mine will be the ones getting hit the hardest yet again.

Some people say our current government is good, but I don't see it. I think the Gerigonça has enjoyed more popularity in the past. People are getting tired of them now. We're also gonna have legislative elections in about a couple of months. Let's see how they go. Even if the current government wins, it won't be a landslide and they won't get the majority of votes, I feel.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Julho de 2019, 19:26
Greek elections today?

Yes and big chance the Trotskyists who gave away the name 'Macedonia,' weakened Greek borders with Turkey, built a mega mosque in central Athens and championed refugees are going to be booted. Despite the media and state media (ERT) desperately pleading with Greeks to re-elect Syriza, seems they are finished. A pro EU globalist (like Syriza) centrist government will most likely replace them. Same bullshit but no so extreme left like Syriza.  Remember, around 75% of the population of Greece were against Tsipras giving away the name Macedonia. Tsipras called them (75%  of the country..) - 'fascists.'
I can really feel your frustration with your homeland. You remind me of a lot of Portuguese people. We love to complain about our country as well haha. But in all seriousness, it's hard not to be cynical and negative here. Our country disappoints us constantly. Being Portuguese is very frustrating, lemme tell you.

Hard to take pride in something so flawed, plus a lot of elements of Portuguese culture, if not most, are unappealing to me or things I'm not very familiar with. Could be because I've lived in Lisbon my whole life, but all of those traditions from smaller towns and rural areas mean nothing to me. I also don't care for festivities nor am I religious.

That being said, I'm not fond of the idea of our country becoming more and more americanised. Fortunately, Portugal is not one of the most americanised nations out there yet. The mentality of a lot of young Brits, Dutch, Irish, Germans and Scandinavians I've met seems scarily close to the mentality of Americans in some points. Portuguese culture might not be glamorous or interesting for outsiders, but it has a lot of simplicity about it, and it's also not pretentious or in your face.

Back to economics and such, I feel like the 2007-2008 crash changed the world forever. Let's face it, the bubble days of the 80s-90s prosperity are long gone. Eventually there will be another global recession and countries like yours and mine will be the ones getting hit the hardest yet again.

Some people say our current government is good, but I don't see it. I think the Gerigonça has enjoyed more popularity in the past. People are getting tired of them now. We're also gonna have legislative elections in about a couple of months. Let's see how they go. Even if the current government wins, it won't be a landslide and they won't get the majority of votes, I feel.

The American thing - the USA in many ways is the child of the UK and to a lesser extent the Germans and Dutch. It is easy for those countries to promote and even enjoy americanism. I myself am fairly pro american.. hard not to be when they made things like this.. :coolsmiley:

Covenant

Citação de: Festivus em 07 de Julho de 2019, 19:26
Greek elections today?

PSD and CDS are very weak, that's Why the Geringonça do what they feel like it.

Faliro

Syriza and Tsipras booted out. So ends the most anti-Greek, anti-Olympiacos Government the nation has ever seen. Olympiacos media celebrates:

Faliro

Citação de: Chelas em 09 de Julho de 2019, 15:06

He joins another Serb, who has looked very very good in the friendlies, Lazar Ranđelović:

Faliro

https://www.to10.gr/podosfero/superleague/676594/telos-o-drosos-apo-tin-ert/?fbclid=IwAR2oHPsSig-UfMyoG5uqBkfgu83UMafBcPuFsgUhLPRc_eGeCwGxN3l1QHc

Use google translate ^^

Syriza's useful idiots at ERT dropping like flies. This was the man that gave away millions of taxpayer's money to PAOK for TV rights.

Faliro

Faliro

Seems we are after Fransérgio from Braga.

Any good?

We are also after Youssef Ait Bennasser, Rémi Walter and Judilson Mamadu Tuncará Gomes.

Schweisen Tiger

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Julho de 2019, 19:09

Any good?

We are also after Youssef Ait Bennasser, Rémi Walter and Judilson Mamadu Tuncará Gomes.

Fransergio is a very good midfielder. Not so long ago he was considered to Porto. His problem is that he showed up at this level, to late to be considered as a serious option to portuguese biggest clubs. A little bit like Dyego Sousa.

He can play both defensive and atacking role. Very confortable on the ball, can also score goals.

Red Eyes

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 10 de Julho de 2019, 20:02
Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Julho de 2019, 19:09

Any good?

Fransergio is a very good midfielder. Not so long ago he was considered to Porto. His problem is that he showed up at this level, to late to be considered as a serious option to portuguese biggest clubs. A little bit like Dyego Sousa.

He can play both defensive and atacking role. Very confortable on the ball, can also score goals.
You know nothing, paper tiger!

Godescalco

Fransérgio would be a legitimate boost to Olympiacos.

An accomplished all-rounder in the centre of the pitch.

Faliro

Citação de: Gottschalk em 11 de Julho de 2019, 21:12
Fransérgio would be a legitimate boost to Olympiacos.

An accomplished all-rounder in the centre of the pitch.

Seems Oly wants Bennasser but if that doesn't fly, Fransérgio.

Faliro

Fortounis out for 6 months after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee vs Hamburg in friendly yesterday!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Our whole system is based around him. No natural replacement. Valbuena, Podence, Bruno - perhaps Masouras to replace him but none are natural 10s - maybe Bruno...

When we thought Fortounis may leave 2 months ago, it was revealed we already agreed we would acquire João Carvalho as a replacement. Now his subject has come back to the desk of Olympiacos. Problem is he is injured until August!