Faliro

Citação de: Cloughie em 17 de Julho de 2019, 14:19
Citação de: Faliro em 17 de Julho de 2019, 13:18
Citação de: Cloughie em 14 de Julho de 2019, 23:53

Forest's time in Piraeus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMC2GolHFpE

3-0...

Trashing?

Yes, was very easy. I think many Forest fans were shocked reading their forums. They probably thought all greek teams are simply shit. Understandable - Greek football does get bad press.

Red_Fraction

Basaksehir will be a difficult opponent for Oly, will be a very close tie.

They have very experienced players.

Faliro

Citação de: Red_Fraction em 22 de Julho de 2019, 13:00

It will a good one to watch no? Biggest team in Hellas vs Erdogan's own team.

We play Plzen on Tuesday. Our team should have enough to beat the Turks once we go through the Czechs I think. I have never seen these Turks play but I assume Olympiacos will have enough to see them off.

Red_Fraction

Citação de: Faliro em 22 de Julho de 2019, 13:09
Citação de: Red_Fraction em 22 de Julho de 2019, 13:00

It will a good one to watch no? Biggest team in Hellas vs Erdogan's own team.

We play Plzen on Tuesday. Our team should have enough to beat the Turks once we go through the Czechs I think. I have never seen these Turks play but I assume Olympiacos will have enough to see them off.

I think Olympiacos will be the favourite, but will be a very difficult eliminatory.

Covenant

Basaksehir have better players but I think that they don't have motivation anymore. They play in a club with money but without soul or supporters.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 22 de Julho de 2019, 13:23
Basaksehir have better players but I think that they don't have motivation anymore. They play in a club with money but without soul or supporters.

I think our team is worth a bit more and also younger than theirs no?

Covenant

Faliro

Faliro

sbremoved_28408

Basaksehir lost their head coach to Besiktas and replaced him with a nobody. Abdullah Avci was the biggest reason for Basaksehir being so competitive in recent years. It was a good draw for Olympiacos.

Good luck tonight. Hopefully we'll see you guys in the group stages  :)

Faliro

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 23 de Julho de 2019, 17:38
Basaksehir lost their head coach to Besiktas and replaced him with a nobody. Abdullah Avci was the biggest reason for Basaksehir being so competitive in recent years. It was a good draw for Olympiacos.

0-0

Was a surprisingly difficult game vs Plzen. The team looked a little rusty compared to the Czechs who already have started their league. We should be able to take care of them in Piraeus.

I am happy Basaksehir lost their coach.

Samedo looks superb and Ba looks serviceable. However Valbuena looks like a poor signing.

sbremoved_28408

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Julho de 2019, 20:11

0-0

Was a surprisingly difficult game vs Plzen. The team looked a little rusty compared to the Czechs who already have started their league. We should be able to take care of them in Piraeus.

Samedo looks superb and Ba looks serviceable. However Valbuena looks like a poor signing.

It's always a dangerous result.

Valbuena is finished. From time to time he can still show glimpses of his former brilliance, but he just doesn't have the agility he once had. And at Fenerbahce he looked a bit out of shape too. 

Faliro

Citação de: Benfiquista_de_1ª em 23 de Julho de 2019, 20:38
Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Julho de 2019, 20:11

0-0

It's always a dangerous result.

Valbuena is finished. From time to time he can still show glimpses of his former brilliance, but he just doesn't have the agility he once had. And at Fenerbahce he looked a bit out of shape too.

One of the weakest parts of Olympiacos' general strategy over the years is the club's constant habit of employing former stars in their 30s. Sometimes it works well because the player still has so much to give.. Ibagaza, Rivaldo, Cambiasso, Domínguez etc - sometimes it really doesn't.. Valbeuna, Cardozo, Valdez, Toure etc

I thought Valbuena was a major mistake immediately. Now we have lost Fortounis for 7 months... Valbuena is clearly not the answer. Martins needs to put some faith in Bruno as a 10 until we get someone else.