Olympiacos Piraeus

Festivus

That reminds me of the Braga vs. Guimarães rivalry. Braga fans call Guimarães fans "espanhóis" which means "spaniards", and naturally, that infuriates the latter.

It also reminds me of Benfica and Porto rivalry. Here in Lisboa, most people don't hate the city of Porto at all. But if you go to Porto, you'll find several people there(FC Porto fans, mostly) who really dislike Lisboa.

diableimage

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Abril de 2014, 22:57
Well firstly they have a complex about where they live. The Athenian sides mock Salonika and call PAOK fans Bulgarians and Turks - which severely annoys them. Even Aris, the other Salonika team calls PAOK 'Turkoi.' That is because PAOK is made up and founded by Greeks who were exiled from Turkey.

The best one I heard this year is how an olympiakos fan described them a month ago. He called PAOK 'Toumbaspor.' A mixture of a Turkish ending (most Turkish teams end in Spor for some reason..) on top of their stadium name - Toumba.

PAOK fans also have a complex that Athens is the capital and Salonika is the second city. Most Athenians don't give two shits about about Salonika - but everyone from up there tries to act like it is better than Athens.. cleaner etc...

There is a massive game with them tomorrow.. cup semi final second leg. We only have 2-1 lead and PAOK feel the ref shafted them and will come out with all guns blazing. Going to be a cracker..maybe on bet365 if you fancy seeing some violence.. :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:

Interesting, so do we ;D

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 15 de Abril de 2014, 23:02
That reminds me of the Braga vs. Guimarães rivalry. Braga fans call Guimarães fans "espanhóis" which means "spaniards", and naturally, that infuriates the latter.

It also reminds me of Benfica and Porto rivalry. Here in Lisboa, most people don't hate the city of Porto at all. But if you go to Porto, you'll find several people there(FC Porto fans, mostly) who really dislike Lisboa.

hahahaha.. i love how football does that  :2funny: :2funny: When football fans start attacking rival cities in depth simply because they hate a team from up there, I laugh so much..  :2funny: Another ridiculous thing is that most of Macedonia and Thrace support PAOK regardless and when someone from up there supports another team besides everyone calls them a traitor - as if we are back in the civil war or something. PAOK fans simply can't understand why someone from their region should not support PAOK. Needless to say Olympiakos have taken a few players from up there and they are immediately brandished traitors by PAOK fans..  ::bater::

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Abril de 2014, 23:09
hahahaha.. i love how football does that  :2funny: :2funny: When football fans start attacking rival cities in depth simply because they hate a team from up there, I laugh so much..  :2funny: Another ridiculous thing is that most of Macedonia and Thrace support PAOK regardless and when someone from up there supports another team besides everyone calls them a traitor - as if we are back in the civil war or something. PAOK fans simply can't understand why someone from their region should not support PAOK. Needless to say Olympiakos have taken a few players from up there and they are immediately brandished traitors by PAOK fans..  ::bater::
Yeah, same happens in Porto if you happen to be a Benfica fan. Here in Lisboa, no one really cares much if you're a Porto fan. The funny thing is, there are way more Benfica fans in Porto than Porto fans in Lisboa.

Faliro

Another classic I have heard with my own ears three separate times.

Whenever I meet a Real Madrid fan, I am always fascinated. I find them totally stupid, but I never say anything. I always just listen to what they have to say. Three separate Meringues said exactly this to me:

Me: Have you ever even been to Barcelona?
Madrid fan: Oh yes of course, I have been.. years ago..
Me: Did you like it?
Madrid fan: Err... We didn't stop.
Me: ?
Madrid fan: Well we were in the car,, and didn't need to stop - so we just.. drove through the city and didn't get out the car...

Each time I was like WTF??

:confused: :confused: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 15 de Abril de 2014, 23:26
Another classic I have heard with my own ears three separate times.

Whenever I meet a Real Madrid fan, I am always fascinated. I find them totally stupid, but I never say anything. I always just listen to what they have to say. Three separate Meringues said exactly this to me:

Me: Have you ever even been to Barcelona?
Madrid fan: Oh yes of course, I have been.. years ago..
Me: Did you like it?
Madrid fan: Err... We didn't stop.
Me: ?
Madrid fan: Well we were in the car,, and didn't need to stop - so we just.. drove through the city and didn't get out the car...

Each time I was like WTF??

:confused: :confused: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

You know whose fans I tend to find stupid and also insane? Sporting fans. They're so out of touch and stuck in their own world that it's just sad.

T1n0_SLB

I saw that game in Oiares and the refere was on side, expecialy whem a paok player was sent out for the same thing that a Olympiacos player did and only receive a yellow card.

Faliro

Wow, impressed you caught that game!

The referee was extremely stupid to send off Stoch - it seems the 4th official or linesman told him Stoch should see red.

I was annoyed because it ruined a very good game up until that point. I was in a cafe and some PAOK fans almost got into a fight with some Oly fans after the red. It was not a red and the ref really fucked up. 

here is the incident for those who are curious, stupid incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WAD6U8gfos

PAOK are favorites in the second leg (1-2 agg).  Stoch already served his ban and will play. It is going to be a very good game to watch as will PAO vs OFI. (0-1 agg) Game is 6pm GMT.

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Abril de 2014, 00:16
Here on Serbenfiquista.com we're all a bunch of football geeks. You'll find experts on football of pretty much every country here.  :coolsmiley:

Faliro

The Benfica fans on this forum, easily the most intelligent concerning global football I have met on any forum. That is why I stayed.

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Abril de 2014, 00:16

I watch many games from your league.
I've greek friends who suport PAOK, so they made me a PAOK fan and since then when we became friends i've been following your league.

Tomorow before our game i'll watch your semis, PAO - OFI 16:00, PAOK- Oly 18:00.

Jotenko

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Abril de 2014, 00:42
The Benfica fans on this forum, easily the most intelligent concerning global football I have met on any forum. That is why I stayed.

That's what I call a great decision!

Faliro

Very impressed!

In a crazy way, I will be almost more interested in the PAO vs OFI game because the slim chance OFI can go through gives me so much pleasure. OFI have a better midfield than PAO with Dudu and Makris. So I will try and watch both too.

The PAOK Oly game should be a good one.  :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:

T1n0_SLB

Faliro, why almost all greek stadiuns only have 3 stands?

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 16 de Abril de 2014, 01:16
Very impressed!

In a crazy way, I will be almost more interested in the PAO vs OFI game because the slim chance OFI can go through gives me so much pleasure. OFI have a better midfield than PAO with Dudu and Makris. So I will try and watch both too.

The PAOK Oly game should be a good one.  :bandeiraslb2: :bandeiraslb2:

Who the hell is Dudu? Zeka is the best midfield in greek footaball, Zeca an Mendes da Silva( cape-verdian as me).