Olympiacos Piraeus

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Agosto de 2014, 22:01
Citação de: fyure em 25 de Agosto de 2014, 21:53
I agree with you Faliro. The only thing I don't understand is how Olympiacos can sell lower that sporting lisbon... They are a trully peace shit, but they can sell a player for more than 10 million. In that case, the league makes an impact, although I don't think that the portuguese league is so much bigger that the greek one. The fact is that the european resuts of the portuguese teams in recent years had a huge impact.

Yes, not just your success in Europe, but also more importantly, how you are perceived. Portugal.. ones thinks of Eusabio, Christiano Ronaldo, Nani, Figo... selling big players to Chelsea, Man U, etc etc...

People think of Greece,, they think of Souvlaki, holidays, Georgios Samaras at Celtic dancing around the pitch...a 2004 victory that destroyed football and debt.

That is the key.  Olympiakos tries to destroy this image... PAO and PAOK encourage it..
How did the Euro 2004 victory destroy football? Are you talking about the game as a whole or just in Greece?

Faliro

In the UK, most the media either said Greece won by luck or destroying football and playing 'ugly.' 99.9% of the UK wanted Portugal to win.

Many UK pundits, including Gary Lineker in the World Cup were openly saying on TV they hoped Greece would lose to the Ivory Coast and Costa Rica for the 'good of Football.'

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 25 de Agosto de 2014, 22:48
In the UK, most the media either said Greece won by luck or destroying football and playing 'ugly.' 99.9% of the UK wanted Portugal to win.
Oh in that way.

Most people thought Greece played boring, yes. And many people in this country to this day still think that you did not deserve to win Euro 2004.

KBMASTER

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Agosto de 2014, 19:43
EXCELLENT ^^^  :amigo: You watching?  ;D

Citação de: KBMASTER em 19 de Agosto de 2014, 01:40
Regarding Kasami, believe me, he is going to be a breakthrough O0

just scored on his debut just now... Once again, the Benfica fans prove they know their stuff concerning football.  :metal: :metal:
I told you  O0 and Diamantakos scored, as well.

Faliro

Manolas just sold to Roma, New record for Greek football: €15,500,000

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Olympiakos/symfwnia_me_roma_gia_manwla_me_poso_rekor.2990616.html

Goodbye Manolas, you are the best Greek CB I have seen (Kyriakos Papadopoulos also when not injured) and one of the fastest.. bye and thanks for the great performances..

The last time as an Olympiakos player, watching the game against Volou..

KBMASTER

Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 00:30

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Olympiakos/symfwnia_me_roma_gia_manwla_me_poso_rekor.2990616.html

Goodbye Manolas, you are the best Greek CB I have seen (Kyriakos Papadopoulos also when not injured) and one of the fastest.. bye and thanks for the great performances..

Well sold. I think it is a fair price. No % on future transfers of the player?

PsychoFan

Roma became a very competent club. This year, they are the favorites to win the title in my opinion, due to Juve have hired Allegri. Manolas is an excellent sign.

KBMASTER

He is an excelent replacement of Benatia. He is a great prospect and I like his style better than Benatia's. Although, he has to keep improving.

Faliro

Citação de: KBMASTER em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 01:09
Citação de: Faliro em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 00:30

Well sold. I think it is a fair price. No % on future transfers of the player?

No idea. No details, only the price.

Godescalco

Thrylos has been selling about a third of the starting eleven since January. Marinakis doesn't want the team to improve in the European competitions?

Faliro

I would like to say it is for money the club needs... but this is not the case..

I think.. if the price is good.... Greeks simply can't resist selling...

Just as Jews have the stereotype of saving money... Greeks tend to sell at any opportunity... they are also big spenders..

We have weakened our team immensely selling Weiss, Mitroglou, Samaris, Manolas... and we will still walk the Greek League...

Godescalco

Walking the Greek league has been a given for the past few years. At least, if and until PAO or PAOK can step up their acts. What I personally think should be a priority to Olympiakos is to build a team good enough to win, say, an Europa League.

GTtdi_SLB

who you replacing the position with now that manoulas left?

Faliro

Citação de: Gottschalk em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 01:47
Walking the Greek league has been a given for the past few years. At least, if and until PAO or PAOK can step up their acts. What I personally think should be a priority to Olympiakos is to build a team good enough to win, say, an Europa League.

But sadly, we seem to make it to the last 16 of the CL... I think our team is good enough for a Europa Semi...

Faliro

Citação de: GTtdi_SLB em 26 de Agosto de 2014, 01:49
who you replacing the position with now that manoulas left?

An inferior Spaniard called Botia we picked up from Sevilla for €2 million...
Siovas (good player - always injured)
Avraam (finished as a footballer)
Abidal