Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Thanks for the support ^^

Siovas got injured yesterday so is out also.

Marco made a big mistake in my very humble opinion. He has started the young Serb who was sent off last game over Kasami. For me, away from home, you start the most experienced players.

lost_paradise

Mate...Roberto happened. I know that feeling.  :disgust:

Olympiacos with more posession in opponent`s half, but you clearly need more creativity in the last third. Very few plays where your players won 1v1 and lack of decisive passing in the last third. Your team was able to attack with many players but lacked that.

Who are your top creative players? Fortounis and Pardo? If so, you missed Pardo badly. Without even saying that you would need more good players up front in this stage of the competition to have more chances to score goals. But, it is what it is.

Not the best result, but at home  with the crowd on your back, it`s very likely that you can score at least two goals. Just can`t have more individual defensive mistakes like that.

The window is still very open.

Faliro

Super post ^^.

Roberto cost us tonight 100%.

As for the attacking players, most are substandard - Durmaz & Seba are nothing players. Fortounis can have a good game.. Dominguez should start every game when fit, Pardo is injured.. and that is that. We are famous for super wingers - Castillo, Galletti, Mirallas etc but now we have none.

Game went as expected. Anderlect have a bigger budget than us and have not lost at home in 11 months..

lost_paradise

Citação de: Faliro em 18 de Fevereiro de 2016, 20:13
Super post ^^.

As for the attacking players, most are substandard - Durmaz & Seba are nothing players. Fortounis can have a good game.. Dominguez should start every game when fit, Pardo is injured.. and that is that. We are famous for super wingers - Castillo, Galletti, Mirallas etc but now we have none.

Game went as expected. Anderlect have a bigger budget than us and have not lost at home in 11 months..
Is Pardo going to be available next week?

Still, I have a feeling Anderlecht is mutch more strong at home than away. They won at Monaco in group stage, but Monaco started the season real bad with a lot of youth players.

You can`t conceed goals in the second game. No rush to score from the get go. Pacience when attacking is needed.  Only in the last 30 minutes you should go to an all out attack mode.

Cloughie

Faliro

Citação de: lost_paradise em 18 de Fevereiro de 2016, 20:29
Citação de: Faliro em 18 de Fevereiro de 2016, 20:13
Super post ^^.

Is Pardo going to be available next week?

Still, I have a feeling Anderlecht is mutch more strong at home than away. They won at Monaco in group stage, but Monaco started the season real bad with a lot of youth players.

You can`t conceed goals in the second game. No rush to score from the get go. Pacience when attacking is needed.  Only in the last 30 minutes you should go to an all out attack mode.

Pardo out for 3 weeks.. :estrelas:

KamikazeSLB

Roberto did shit. Typical when he defends Benfica goal. Olympiacos not deserve to lose in my opinion.

Howsoever, Olympiacos was without important players. It's different when the team is at full strenght.

Next week in Piraeus will be different.

CFC

Geez, you can win in February, it's surreal. Amazing job of Marco. He transformed a probable result in an almost perfect result

Saveloy

Really can't see the hype with Maco Silva's work, if he fails in Europe Olympiacos seems set for another average year by their standards.

Faliro

Good 4-0 win today against atromitos.

Let's see what happens.

Bryan.

Citação de: Saveloy em 21 de Fevereiro de 2016, 17:43
Really can't see the hype with Maco Silva's work, if he fails in Europe Olympiacos seems set for another average year by their standards.

Well, beating winning records, scoring an absurdly high number of goals, being crowned champions in February...

You are blaming him from what exactly? He can't finish higher than 1st.

Saveloy

Citação de: Bryan. em 21 de Fevereiro de 2016, 20:43
Citação de: Saveloy em 21 de Fevereiro de 2016, 17:43

Well, beating winning records, scoring an absurdly high number of goals, being crowned champions in February...

You are blaming him from what exactly? He can't finish higher than 1st.

As I said, poor european campaign, the first place is a given, records are nice but ultimately meaningless.

Bryan.

So you want him to win the Europa League, doing what no greek club ever did, when greek football is at the lowest point of it's history?

We was in a group with Bayern and Arsenal and almost got through. He dignified the club and greek football.

Demanding him to do more than that is hypocritical.

European competition for a club like Olympiacos is circunstantial. Rui Vitória going through to the CL QF doesn't make him a good manager. He wouldn't do it without the draw he got.

Faliro

Marco would be better judged in a Belgian club or somewhere more professional.

I can tell you in Greece he has done well and made a few mistakes, but basically done well. But doing well at Olympiacos is like doing amazing in a dream and then hoping to replicate it when you wake up.

Europe games is where he should be judged and he has done well there. Is he the next coach sensation from Portugal? Not sure.but he is a serious person and prefer him to Vitor.

Saveloy

Citação de: Bryan. em 21 de Fevereiro de 2016, 21:42
So you want him to win the Europa League, doing what no greek club ever did, when greek football is at the lowest point of it's history?

We was in a group with Bayern and Arsenal and almost got through. He dignified the club and greek football.

Demanding him to do more than that is hypocritical.

European competition for a club like Olympiacos is circunstantial. Rui Vitória going through to the CL QF doesn't make him a good manager. He wouldn't do it without the draw he got.

I never mentioned winning, which goes to show how you're lacking solid arguments. What he did in CL was normal, but then why laud him as spectacular?

This fantastic season everyone here is praising seems a lot like every other Olympiacos season, maybe a longer unbeaten run then normal, but far from something that sets him apart from the previous managers.

The big test is Europe, and if Olympiacos gets eliminated this round I can't see how could anyone say he passed it.

Praise him for what he did with Estoril, that was really interesting, but winning the title with Olympiacos? Not that impressive.