Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Could very well be. The only thing that makes me suspicious that this is not a hoax is that the people who said it was are Anonymous - a far left organisation. In Latin America the far left groups have deep roots with organised crime. From the article I posted:

CitaçãoThe kidnapping of an international footballer attracted worldwide attention and again cast attention on insecurity in Mexico, and especially Tamaulipas, which has been consumed by organized crime over the past six years, as warring drug cartels dispute a territory coveted for the carrying of contraband to the US.

Tamaulipas leads the country in kidnapping, according to federal government statistics. The online news organization Animal Político reported that the incidence of abduction in the city has increased 360% between 2010 and 2015.

"The little news [on security] that comes out of Victoria and other crime-ridden cities in Tamaulipas is very watered down, since criminal groups have muzzled the press," said Jorge Kawas, a security analyst based in Monterrey.

Kawas said official statistics were low, as most kidnappings remained unreported and families expressed fears that police are sometimes complicit. An annual victimization survey from the Mexican statistics survey Inegi estimated the number of kidnappings nationwide in 2014 at between 83,000 and 116,000.

avc10

Well, i don´t have the knowledge to make an informated opinion. Seems like a lot of Mexicans thinks it was staged for political gain, but i don´t have a clue. The important thing is that Alan is safe.

Faliro

Def it is interesting to investigate those who think it was staged. This was one of the major instigators of the hoax claim.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4lplx1/mexicans_of_reddit_is_there_anyone_else_who/

I tend to agree with this guy who comments on the above thread..

CitaçãoI'm not from mexico, but I used to go down there a lot for business, manly in Sonora, in the heart of cartel country It's not unusual for the cartels to have kidnap and extortion squads. But they are opportunists not planners. They will not particularly seek out a certain victim, BUT if they know the whereabouts or schedules of one, they will try and take advantage of the situation.
In this case, I hink it was more an opportunity than a plan, especially if he is from that area.
As for police involvement? YES. Most likely some corrupt officers eitherknew something or were paid to look the other way. Politically inspired. NO. Very little of a wining situation to be involved in this, bad or good (like it turned out) I suspect we will no more in a few days.

MiguelPalma92

What a clusterfuck that Pulido situation is... If it was staged I don't really know what to say..

Anyway, a player who has their closest family in those places the first thing he should do with the money is get them out of there. It's safety 101

OclassicoNº10

This symbol is so beautiful.

Faliro

Symbol?

Was another very successful season for us as a multi-sport club. First column is the league, second the Cup. From the top, football, female football, basketball, female basketball, vollyball, female vollyball, Water polo, female water polo.

Cloughie

I believe he's talking about the Olympiakos badge.

lost_paradise

Marco Silva is giving an interview right now in a portuguese TV show.

If something interesting or of note is said,I will mention to you.

So far from what i`ve seen.

toughest losses for Marco Silva: He said Arsenal at home, both with Anderlecht and cup final with AEK.

Faliro

Citação de: lost_paradise em 31 de Maio de 2016, 23:19
Marco Silva is giving an interview right now in a portuguese TV show.

If something interesting or of note is said,I will mention to you.

So far from what i`ve seen.

toughest losses for Marco Silva: He said Arsenal at home, both with Anderlecht and cup final with AEK.

Keep me updated. he may say things he never said in Greece.

Faliro

Schweisen Tiger

Marco just stated that till now, he hasn't received interesting offers, so he's going to stay at Olympiakos for the next season. However, he also stated that he has a strong desire to win portuguese league...he seems destined to manage Benfica after greek adventure.

Also stated that greek league is inferior to portuguese one, and that people at Greece were impressed with Mitroglou's performance, saying that he looked slimmer. Marco said to them, that he looked that way, because otherwise he wouldn't play at Benfica. He thinks greek players need to have different experiences in order to develop as players, because greek league level doesn't allow them to fulfill all their potential.

Faliro

Citação de: Schweisen Tiger em 31 de Maio de 2016, 23:47
Marco just stated that till now, he hasn't received interesting offers, so he's going to stay at Olympiakos for the next season. However, he also stated that he has a strong desire to win portuguese league...he seems destined to manage Benfica after greek adventure.

Also stated that greek league is inferior to portuguese one, and that people at Greece were impressed with Mitroglou's performance, saying that he looked slimmer. Marco said to them, that he looked that way, because otherwise he wouldn't play at Benfica. He thinks greek players need to have different experiences in order to develop as players, because greek league level doesn't allow them to fulfill all their potential.

Thanks and all true by Marco there.

KamikazeSLB

I think this is also interesting: "Olympiacos should impose their interests". About the cup controversy.

Faliro

Citação de: KamikazeSLB em 31 de Maio de 2016, 23:54
I think this is also interesting: "Olympiacos should impose their interests". About the cup controversy.

We were severely bullied and didn't stand a chance in that final because we hadn't played a game within a month. He is correct. I even thought the fiasco would push Marco out of Greece. Basically PAOK, PAO, AEK and the government all damaged Olympiacos this season behind the scenes.

Schweisen Tiger

He stated the cup final was the biitter moment of that season. Even worse than Arsenal home defeat and Anderlecht elimination. And all because that, in his opinios, club's rights weren't defended. One day players were booking vacations because no cup was going to be held, the other, they had to cancel everything. The final was played 1 month after league end and that is something you don't see anywhere else.