Olympiacos Piraeus

Faliro

Maniatis gone. Happy about this.

Now he is back - false rumour..

Queimaxo

Just to reformulate my opinion: after checking sporting squad under Paulo Bento, I have to say his job was quite good, indeed.

http://www.zerozero.pt/equipa.php?id=16&epoca_id=138

The defence was quite average with flops like Grimi, Pedro Silva, Caneira and the "amazing" Ronny who had a powerful shot but couldnt hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

The miedfield was not bad: Veloso and Moutinho were more than enough for the portuguese league level, but they had useless players like Vukcevic who just wanted to drible everyone, Romagnoli, Rochemback the fatso, and the eternal crippled Izmailov.

In the attack: apart from Liedson who was actually a class player on his peak, players like Postiga, a veteran Derlei, and useless players like Djaló or Rodrigo Rui (he was such a clumsy player for a brasilian) were not helping either.

We had a much better team that year, but our manager was Quique Flores and that should explain everything. In fact, our squad was good enough to compete for the title.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 15:29
Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 15:11
But the signing of Ouzounidis  and Paulo bento was depending on your opinion?

I wish!  :rir: We would have Bielsa now if I had any power!
Bielsa is overrated.

Theroux

Citação de: Gottschalk em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 17:31
Faliro,

Land me a job at Olympiacos. Much appreciated.
Citação de: Bryan. em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 18:10
Put me on the waiting list.
Citação de: RodriE em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 19:30
x2
Citação de: Cloughie em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 19:47
Sorry guys.
But I was the first to ask for a job. :rir:

Irony? It's like wanting to work for porto (at the height of their "power").

The club is corrupt to the bone, deserve to end up in the last division.

The most recent corruption escapade involves powerful businessman and owner of Olympiacos FC, Evangelos Marinakis, who has been associated with a criminal organization suspected of serious crimes including match fixing, extortion, bribery of officials and violating laws governing the use of explosives.

Despite recorded telephone conversations implicating Marinakis and others in plans to bribe and extort police officers, judges and politicians, to serve their own interests and fix matches by securing loyal referees
, the revelations have received little coverage in the Greek media, and indictments against Marinakis and others have yet to be issued.

____

In January 2012, Kouridis and Stathopoulos following Marinakis orders, secretly met referee Petros Konstantineas, currently a member of the Hellenic Parliament and a key participant in the fight against football corruption,[11] and demanded from him to favour Olympiakos against Xanthi at their 22 January 2012 clash.[12] Konstantineas refused and Olympiakos were defeated by Xanthi.[13] A month later, according to the prosecutor, Marinakis allegedly ordered unknown people to bomb Konstantineas' bakery, which led to bakery's demolition on 23 February 2012,[14] an incident that "established Olympiakos' president domination on Greek football".

Spoiler
[fechar]
_____

In June 2015, Marinakis was banned from all football activity after being bailed for €200,000 over five charges.

· Establishing and directing a criminal organisation
· Fraud
· Attempted extortion
· Bribery with the aim of fixing matches and
· Instigating an explosion endangering human life

Just the tip of the iceberg. In Greece they call it... "The System".

Faliro

We seem to be looking at players from Portugal now.

Josué Pesqueira
Hugo Vieira

and

Nemanja Nikolić

Faliro

Citação de: Theroux em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 12:46
Citação de: Gottschalk em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 17:31
Faliro,

Land me a job at Olympiacos. Much appreciated.
Citação de: RodriE em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 19:30
x2
Citação de: Cloughie em 09 de Agosto de 2016, 19:47
Sorry guys.
But I was the first to ask for a job. :rir:

Irony? It's like wanting to work for porto (at the height of their "power").

The club is corrupt to the bone, deserve to end up in the last division.

The most recent corruption escapade involves powerful businessman and owner of Olympiacos FC, Evangelos Marinakis, who has been associated with a criminal organization suspected of serious crimes including match fixing, extortion, bribery of officials and violating laws governing the use of explosives.

Despite recorded telephone conversations implicating Marinakis and others in plans to bribe and extort police officers, judges and politicians, to serve their own interests and fix matches by securing loyal referees
, the revelations have received little coverage in the Greek media, and indictments against Marinakis and others have yet to be issued.

____

In January 2012, Kouridis and Stathopoulos following Marinakis orders, secretly met referee Petros Konstantineas, currently a member of the Hellenic Parliament and a key participant in the fight against football corruption,[11] and demanded from him to favour Olympiakos against Xanthi at their 22 January 2012 clash.[12] Konstantineas refused and Olympiakos were defeated by Xanthi.[13] A month later, according to the prosecutor, Marinakis allegedly ordered unknown people to bomb Konstantineas' bakery, which led to bakery's demolition on 23 February 2012,[14] an incident that "established Olympiakos' president domination on Greek football".

Spoiler
[fechar]
_____

In June 2015, Marinakis was banned from all football activity after being bailed for €200,000 over five charges.

· Establishing and directing a criminal organisation
· Fraud
· Attempted extortion
· Bribery with the aim of fixing matches and
· Instigating an explosion endangering human life

Just the tip of the iceberg. In Greece they call it... "The System".

It is not really the reality of the situation because the Greek judicial system works differently to most other countries. There is no tape of Marinakis fixing any games. The most there is a conversation of him offering Olympiacos hooligans to game in Corinth.  :)

How the Greek judicial system works is you can get charged over anything - with no evidence - you then have the court case hanging over you for decades - a court case which never happens. Marinakis has tried very hard to get to court to have his trial, but every time there is a delay. However in the UK - they are aware that this situation in Greece can be created from nothing - with no evidence etc - no trial..no sentencing etc and that is why he was not blocked from buying Nottingham Forest (you have to have a clean record to buy a club there). Marinakis still has a clean record, he has not be sentenced or convicted of anything. To give you an example, I got into a big fight on an island in Greece in around 1999. I was defending two women who were being beaten up by two drunk guys. The trial is still waiting to happen and I don't think they will see court in their lives. They know the system. To be honest I never wanted to take it to court so I don't care, but that is how Greece is.

For example I could now start a case against you and you would get charged. You may require a bail with extra conditions the way Marinakis did depending on who bribed your judge. You have no trial (keeps getting delayed) and I have not shown my evidence. This can go on for decades and does in Greece. Some other judges saw Marinakis' ban two years ago and threw the ban out immediately. It just depends what judges you get in the interim before a trial has even taken place. You have to add to this - Alafouzos owns most the media in Greece, Ekathimerini, SKAI, Sport-FM, SDNA etc. So every day he is selling stories to the world on how corrupt Marinakis is and of course you can guess how corrupt he is! Look at this from today: http://www.parapolitika.gr/article/374175/desmeyetai-i-perioysia-toy-gianni-alafoyzoy

Olympiacos is not the club beating up innocent refs with crow bars in the street, that is AEK. The whole country is a mess, but to single out Olympiacos is ridiculous. We don't buy leagues. We don't need to, we spend 5 times the amount of everyone else because we are e a CL club and create twice as many chances.  :cool2:

As for Konstantineas claims given to ... SKAI...., it is his theory and claims and no one else. It is obvious who is bankrolling his story. For example it was obvious Tiger has ordered attacks on refs - genuine attacks - not invented and the refs are petrified of him. You should read some of his methods..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitris_Melissanidis#Controversy

Theroux

They did nothing because they can't. The Championship regulations don't cover people that have been charged, but not convicted. Even if they all agreed to block the purchase, they couldn't.

There is no bar to those on police bail accused of such offences taking over Football League clubs since they have not yet been convicted.

Olympiacos is not the club beating up innocent refs with crow bars in the street, that is AEK. The whole country is a mess, but to single out Olympiacos is ridiculous. We don't buy leagues. We don't need to, we spend 5 times the amount of everyone else because we are e a CL club and create twice as many chances. 

Portuguese people know this logic by heart.

When the porto corruption scandal broke they listened to conversations that took place during the season when they won the Champions League. They were, literally, the best team in Europe.

Not only that, but they had the best manager in the planet, and a fantastic team with players like Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha, Vítor Baía, etc. We've actually heard that, and the other arguments presented, thousands of times over the years, from porto fans and management.

Faliro

Citação de: Theroux em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 13:26
They did nothing because they can't. The Championship regulations don't cover people that have been charged, but not convicted. Even if they all agreed to block the purchase, they couldn't.

Most countries are the same and that is fair. Innocent until proved guilty? We have the charges, but no proof and no trial and no sentence. We just have media stories only originating with SKAI (Alafouzos owned) - Marinakis owns no media in Greece. Again Marinakis wants the trial to take place to rid himself of the charges. There are literally millions of Greeks waiting for trial.

CitaçãoPortuguese people know this logic by heart.

When the porto corruption scandal broke they listened to conversations that took place during the season when they won the Champions League. They were, literally, the best team in Europe.

Not only that, but they had the best manager in the planet, and a fantastic team with players like Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Maniche, Costinha, Vítor Baía, etc. We've actually heard that, and the other arguments presented, thousands of times over the years, from porto fans and management.

So do Greeks. If there is a tape produced that shows Marinakis fixing games, the Olympiacos fans would abandon him. Things move very fast at Olympiacos. The fans booed Kokkalis and he was gone two days later. Most of Greece will abandon Olympiacos. But there is no tape with Marinakis fixing games  :confused:. All there is are people repeating 'claims' from the Alafouzos media. Claims from newspapers don't convict - hard evidence does. If I heard Marinakis fixing games in the Super League for example - he would no-longer have my support. Greeks are like that. For example - Panionios fans knew Ouzounidis was talking with Olympiacos to take over as manager - even the fact that he thought about abandoning Panionios - meant he was booted out of Panionios this week.

Benfiquistas on here saw PAO visit Estoril and saw how shit they were. They saw Benfica  destroy PAOK in 2014. They also saw how much superior Olympiacos was in our games together. Now all those games PAOK and PAO lost against the Portuguese would be in Greece - because of refs and marinakis,, in Europe? Bad luck.. :2funny: It is not rocket science. PAOK lose against Panthrakikos - regularly. The PAOK manager Tudor last season said Olympiacos has a better team than PAOK - he was sacked on the monday afterwards just for saying that by Savvidis. PAOK were losing against village teams - like PAO - not because of the ref, but because of poor management at the top level of the club. You can watch the games, the ref is not fixing the game - many times the ref is actually favouring PAOK and PAO with imaginary calls and they still lose!

And why are you afraid to talk about claims from non-Olympiacos sources of Tiger beating up refs as he does? We have a ref last season saying Tiger directly threatened his family in the tunnel before the game. We have the PAO basketball owner banned for two years because he was sentenced doing the same. It stinks a little focusing just on Olympiacos for the defence of Alafouzos. We have owners actually sentenced in Greece - like Beos - who saw prison - for fixing games. Kavala and Volou were demoted for match fixing. If the evidence is there.. if not.. delayed trials..

Carolina Barata

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 12:51

Josué Pesqueira
Hugo Vieira

and

Nemanja Nikolić

Josué is top quality, great foot! He can put the ball where he wants plus dribble.

Hugo Vieira, is a fast movement forward.

Olympiakos loaned Tasos to my hometown club, Feirense

Faliro

Citação de: Carolina Barata em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 16:58
Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 12:51

Josué Pesqueira
Hugo Vieira

and

Nemanja Nikolić

Josué is top quality, great foot! He can put the ball where he wants plus dribble.

Hugo Vieira, is a fast movement forward.

Olympiakos loaned Tasos to my hometown club, Feirense

Thanks for the updates, will be interesting to see what Tasos can do. Michel thought he was one of the best players in Greece.

Faliro

Salvador Agra of Nacional is also being linked.

Josué deal looks like it will be a loan for around €1 million.

We are playing Aris early saturday morning in a friendly where Bento can see what needs to be done.

Carolina Barata

Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 17:32

We are playing Aris early saturday morning in a friendly where Bento can see what needs to be done.

Salvador Agra is nothing special. As a sub he can make a difference because he is fast but misses a lot of goals.

Josué is the most underated talent in Portugal. But Paulo Bento likes him a lot, with Bento, Josué used to be a starter in the portuguese national team. Josue took part in the Paços Ferreira team that qualified for the champions league playoff. Paços is like a Xanthi or something like that in Greece

Faliro

Citação de: Carolina Barata em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 17:41
Citação de: Faliro em 10 de Agosto de 2016, 17:32

Salvador Agra is nothing special. As a sub he can make a difference because he is fast but misses a lot of goals.

Josué is the most underated talent in Portugal. But Paulo Bento likes him a lot, with Bento, Josué used to be a starter in the portuguese national team. Josue took part in the Paços Ferreira team that qualified for the champions league playoff. Paços is like a Xanthi or something like that in Greece

Is it true Bento likes to champion younger players that may have been overlooked?

Are his sides generally fast?

Faliro

What are your thoughts on Hernani as a player, who we used to have a loan?

tiago_alexx

Paulo Bento started his coaching career at Sporting's youth team. I think that he feels more comfortable around young players , to be honest. No sure if it's related with his coaching career path or because he feels like getting more respect from young players ( taking into consideration that he's still young). Anyway, talking about his football style...so far it's quite boring. I don't know if the football shown by his teams is the one he really wants to play or the one he was able to play with such players.