Olympiacos Piraeus

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 23 de Janeiro de 2017, 15:02
I think he is overrated.
Yeah, from what I saw he isn't anything special.

Faliro

Yea.. he a has a Serb surname though.. so that adds a couple of million right there and makes people who don't know him imagine he is a 'hard worker'..

I think it is important for Olympiacos to hang on to and further develop this set of young players Bento is giving time to: Manthatis, Adroutsos, Retsos etc There is potential there.

Faliro

1-1 against Aris in the 1st Leg of the Cup play-off today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6LjwW6_Nx8

Faliro

Very young side against Veria, live now.

Godescalco

How's Bento managing the young talent, Faliro?

Faliro

Citação de: Gottschalk em 29 de Janeiro de 2017, 17:45

Superbly.

As a consequence, he has added massive value to the club. Viana (21), Retsos (18), Adroutsos (19), Nikolaou (18) (all playing today - right now - you made miss a goal typing this.. :buck2:) and Manthatis (19) (often starts). We are basically playing a partial youth team every game. And not just that, these young players are outshining their older piers.

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Janeiro de 2017, 18:10

Superbly.

As a consequence, he has added massive value to the club. Viana (21), Retsos (18), Adroutsos (19), Nikolaou (18) (all playing today - right now - you made miss a goal typing this.. :buck2:) and Manthatis (19) (often starts). We are basically playing a partial youth team every game. And not just that, these young players are outshining their older piers.

I told you back in August this was going to happen.

I'm glad it's working out. Bento is a hard working coach. He deserves success.

Faliro

Citação de: Gottschalk em 29 de Janeiro de 2017, 18:16

Superbly.

Never seen a coach at Olympiacos - so successfully developing talent. In fact it is rare in Greece. Only coaches who come close are Lemonis, Víctor Muñoz and Tsiolis.

Godescalco

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Janeiro de 2017, 18:19

Superbly.

Never seen a coach at Olympiacos - so successfully developing talent. In fact it is rare in Greece. Only coaches who come close are Lemonis, Víctor Muñoz and Tsiolis.

It's a step forward for Olympiacos and for Greek football at large.

The days when you spent big money on European and South American players is gone. For the good of the whole league, you have to look at young talent. And develop it.

Faliro

Citação de: Gottschalk em 29 de Janeiro de 2017, 18:23

Superbly.

The days when you spent big money on European and South American players is gone. For the good of the whole league, you have to look at young talent. And develop it.

100% correct and clearly Olympiacos is taking that lead with Bento. The problem is - will Greece learn? I watched Panathinaikos vs Levadiakos today. Ended 0-0. They have moved from expensive older South Americans like Gilberto Silva - to average aged crappy South Americans like Vilafanez and Moledo. They just don't seem to learn. There is talent in their youth, but they scrap it - like they did with Risvanis (now MVP at Panionios).

The other road block is the National Team. It is all beautiful and good Retsos, Manthatis, Androutsos starting SL games - but how do you think they feel when they don't make the NT over a player like Tziolis - who has not kicked a football in 7 months?  :estrelas: At least on Olympiacos's part - we are heading in the right direction.

Faliro

Easy 1-2.

BTW the Olympiacos milf translator some of you like posted some yoga pictures on instagram - which former coach Michel liked:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPyEEuFDjdV/

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Janeiro de 2017, 18:32

Superbly.

100% correct and clearly Olympiacos is taking that lead with Bento. The problem is - will Greece learn? I watched Panathinaikos vs Levadiakos today. Ended 0-0. They have moved from expensive older South Americans like Gilberto Silva - to average aged crappy South Americans like Vilafanez and Moledo. They just don't seem to learn. There is talent in their youth, but they scrap it - like they did with Risvanis (now MVP at Panionios).

The other road block is the National Team. It is all beautiful and good Retsos, Manthatis, Androutsos starting SL games - but how do you think they feel when they don't make the NT over a player like Tziolis - who has not kicked a football in 7 months?  :estrelas: At least on Olympiacos's part - we are heading in the right direction.
Panathinaikos still spend money in expensive finished players. Samba, Leto, Ledesma, Essien, etc... Happy that they released the most part of them.

Faliro

Citação de: Covenant em 30 de Janeiro de 2017, 14:53

Superbly.

Panathinaikos still spend money in expensive finished players. Samba, Leto, Ledesma, Essien, etc... Happy that they released the most part of them.

They have stopped that habit according to this winter period. Also I think Leto is far from finished. He is probably one of their best players.

Covenant

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Janeiro de 2017, 17:35
Citação de: Covenant em 30 de Janeiro de 2017, 14:53

Superbly.

They have stopped that habit according to this winter period. Also I think Leto is far from finished. He is probably one of their best players.
Too many injuries, isn't the same player that arrived in Greece years ago. But the level of football is also lower...

Faliro