Olympiacos Piraeus

Calcio

Citação de: Faliro em 20 de Fevereiro de 2018, 20:22
Citação de: Calcio em 20 de Fevereiro de 2018, 20:12
I thought the playoff system was scrapped?

Fuck, you are right. The one year we need those stupid things.. the one year they are scrapped.

:crazy2:
Spoiler
:rir:
[fechar]

T1n0_SLB

I think both PAOK and AEK should have gone for at least 40k stadium, but i totally understand the reason they want to stay in the same place.

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 21 de Fevereiro de 2018, 00:25
I think both PAOK and AEK should have gone for at least 40k stadium, but i totally understand the reason they want to stay in the same place.

Yea it is weird one. Me, I would go for the bigger stadium - make a statement. Greeks..  they are creatures of habit. They work the same job 50 years, they reminisce all the time. They love the tradition and spirit of places. Toumba, Karaiskaki and Nea Filadelfeia are so key to PAOK, OSFP and AEK respectively - the fans can not even contemplate leaving.

I spose that is one thing that perhaps has not changed since ancient times. Greeks are always very few. Never had massive populations like the Italians for example. In all wars - the Greek army is always small and having to fight extra hard. Every Greek casualty - is massive.  When a Greek dies.. it is a massive thing. Every Greek is important - of not only that he is a Greek and has a mother and father and there are not many Greeks.

If anyone is capable of making a 30k stadium feel like a 50k apocalyptic volcano - it is Greeks. They bring the same banners for years, they buy their flares in the same shops. I spose that is why they refer to these famous stadiums in Athens and Salonika as temples and churches when talking about them casually.  There is memory in the heart of many Greeks. Memory of tradition, suffering and joy - and these stadia and the land they are built on - the fans feel all the energy and emotion of all the years spent there - is still in the soil. Even PAO amateur proposed a new stadium directly over Leoforos - (of course demolishing properties around the stadium to make it 40k!   :crazy2: Was actually a very cool stadium.)

T1n0_SLB

But PAO had a plan for 50k stadium.

I think PAOK, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos and AEK all could afford 40-50k stadium like clubs in here or in Turkey.
But maybe they just went Juventus style, smaller stadium so they can alwas fill them.

T1n0_SLB

Do you think in case of not wining the league Olympiacos will invest massively to try regain the dominant position?

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 21 de Fevereiro de 2018, 00:58
But PAO had a plan for 50k stadium.

Indeed - but that was the plan by the then owner and the stadium would be in Votanikos (industrial district) where there is plenty of room. The amateur fans however - who actually own Leoforos stadium waned the new stadium in Leoforos on the same site. They are the ones that made the plans for Leoforos I posted above and the most seats they could squeeze into the site with demolitions was 40k.

CitaçãoI think PAOK, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos and AEK all could afford 40-50k stadium like clubs in here or in Turkey.
But maybe they just went Juventus style, smaller stadium so they can alwas fill them.

It is party that, but also that the sites are tiny. The plot at Nea Filadefiea that AEK are currently building on is tiny. There is no other way to put it. The council was against the stadium from day one. Demis Nikolaidis - ex president of AEK and Euro 2004 striker - wanted the stadium in Ano Liosia (50k arena) and the fans went ballistic. Demis explained that logistically - any architect or engineer would struggle to get more than 30k on the NF site but the fans didn't give a shit. Toumba and Karaiskaki are also both on small plots, not as small as AEK's, but small. When the fans realised they would all have small stadia - they said 'well at least they will always look full... look how many fans went to see us play Levadiakos... blah blah blah..' Greeks simply dont mind if the stadium is small. No one gives a shit. And the owners too realise most the money comes from TV - so just concentrate on making the stadia as modern and TV friendly as possible.

The AEK plot is so small, that they will overhang the tiers. The stadium will be exceptionally compact.

This video shot today gives an excellent idea of the size:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iUXGI6jkFQ

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 21 de Fevereiro de 2018, 01:35
SO maybe their stadium will be something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umnJ0dhguz0&list=PLpz27y3foGigqKpZGynw-eUrUkFhD-d3L&index=2&t=90s

Very similar but with wrap around stands - no internal corners or breaks in seating.

The stadium you posted reminded me a lot of one I went to in Brazil - the Estádio Independência - if they finished that final stand - I would say it is one of the best stadiums anywhere. I guess América will no longer have to share it with Atletico soon..

T1n0_SLB

The stadium i posted is one of the best stadium in Portugal imo, it was built stand by stand when Boavista had better teams than Benfica and fighting for the league.

T1n0_SLB

Is it thos stadium thap PAOK will be playing in until New Toumba is completed?

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 21 de Fevereiro de 2018, 21:49
Is it thos stadium thap PAOK will be playing in until New Toumba is completed?

PAOK will be paying in the Kaftanzoglio from next summer until the New Toumba is built:

It is the stadium Iraklis use - who were relagated last year from the Super League due to debts.. again. It is a unique case that Iraklis have never finished in a relegation spot but have been relegated twice.  Once for forgery and once for debts.  :rir: The stadium even used to be painted in their colours before it was refurbished:

These guys used to have tonnes of fans. Even to other sports like Volleyball..  :crazy2:

T1n0_SLB

Yes i remember the stadium with that color, i think that 5/6 years ago their fans were protesting against the league/government about somerhing.
The stadium is really close to Toumba, the will fill it.

I my previous post i was refering to this stadium, i just forgot to paste the link.

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 22 de Fevereiro de 2018, 01:54
Yes i remember the stadium with that color, i think that 5/6 years ago their fans were protesting against the league/government about somerhing.
The stadium is really close to Toumba, the will fill it.

I my previous post i was refering to this stadium, i just forgot to paste the link.

The PAOK game is a sell out online. However a few tickets left if you queue at the stadium tomorrow morning. The demand is so high for the game - this was the picture outside the stadium tonight..

PAOK will have the largest football stadium in Greece - I don't think that is in doubt. Apparently they want to copy the Juve stadium. They could easily built a 40k and still sell out lots of games. They are a highly popular club. They have plenty of fans all over Macedonia - not only in Saloniki.

T1n0_SLB

In terms of fabs how do you rank the top5?

I know Olympiacos has more fans, but i' m not sure who comes next.

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 22 de Fevereiro de 2018, 02:16
In terms of fabs how do you rank the top5?

I know Olympiacos has more fans, but i' m not sure who comes next.

It goes OSFP... probably about 4 million fans at least.. PAO..losing fans daily.. PAOK and then AEK. Aris is last and has about a quarter of a million fans.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/article344370.ece

Olympiacos has many fans on the islands and countless fans in the Peloponnese. PAOK has colossal support across Macedonia and the north in general. PAO has many fans still. Around 30% of all fans still support PAO. AEK is very Athens based but still has support on some islands and Greeks in the south who have connections with Poli.