Olympiacos Piraeus

Calcio

Talking about PAOK, whats your view on Lucescu?

I rate him pretty highly.

Faliro

Citação de: Calcio em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 21:03

Extremely clever manager (had his players finished their chances he may have knocked out Benfica even..) but also a far leftist (like many Romanians) - anything he doesn't like - anything at all - a decision, an incident etc - he associates with 'Hitler's Germany.'  :crazy2:  He has already been fined this year in Greece for doing this. Savvidis too is a far leftist. Stated yesterday he wants to see an end to fascist banners in Greece - no mention of communist banners though..

Limnios - the half Greek, half Brazilian makes it 2-0...
Watching PAOK and their fans - I don't think anyone will be able to stop this Ork army..

T1n0_SLB

Atromitos next round maybe?

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 00:08

I really hope so. Atromitos and PAOK are the last two sides left who are yet to lose after PAO were hammered tonight. Atromitos has that excellent coach.. Damir Canadi and some very good defenders like Risvanis.

Atromitos are at home so I hope for something. Hopefully they have a sell out too (unlikely). PAOK are running away with this..

T1n0_SLB

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 00:24
I

I really hope so. Atromitos and PAOK are the last two sides left who are yet to lose after PAO were hammered tonight. Atromitos has that excellent coach.. Damir Canadi and some very good defenders like Risvanis.

Atromitos are at home so I hope for something. Hopefully they have a sell out too (unlikely). PAOK are running away with this..

For what i saw they had a easy run until now, they will have to face the big guys in the next rounds.
Am i correct?
Also there is some game betwen the big guys yet to be played.

Faliro

Citação de: T1n0_SLB em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 00:28
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 00:24
I

For what i saw they had a easy run until now, they will have to face the big guys in the next rounds.
Am i correct?
Also there is some game betwen the big guys yet to be played.

True. Have not played any of the big boys yet and most their games have been at home. Their next 3 games are PAOK, AEK and Olympiacos.. :buck2:

They are very good at defending however and have the top scorer in the league - Koulouris (ironically on loan from PAOK).

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 29 de Outubro de 2018, 21:16

Extremely clever manager (had his players finished their chances he may have knocked out Benfica even..) but also a far leftist (like many Romanians) - anything he doesn't like - anything at all - a decision, an incident etc - he associates with 'Hitler's Germany.'  :crazy2:  He has already been fined this year in Greece for doing this. Savvidis too is a far leftist. Stated yesterday he wants to see an end to fascist banners in Greece - no mention of communist banners though..

Watching PAOK and their fans - I don't think anyone will be able to stop this Ork army..
I had no idea Romania had so many far leftists.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 02:59

Well considering it was under communist rule up until 89 - the imagination does not need to be stretched too much I dont think.. if a country like the US had the same problem - that would be more  interesting perhaps.

Incidently here is the PAOK manager's one he got fined for last week..

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/greek-club-coach-lucescu-fined-for-hitler-blast/

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 03:20

Well considering it was under communist rule up until 89 - the imagination does not need to be stretched too much I dont think.. if a country like the US had the same problem - that would be more  interesting perhaps.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/greek-club-coach-lucescu-fined-for-hitler-blast/
So did a lot of countries in Europe but, if anything, most of thrm prefer right wing parties nowadays due to their past trauma.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 03:26

So did a lot of countries in Europe but, if anything, most of thrm prefer right wing parties nowadays due to their past trauma.

Former soviet nations bounce from the left to the right just like South American nations. The diffetence is that former Soviet nations have a resident population of far leftists who are accepted in society. The UK, Switzerland, US, Japan etc dont. One of the main reasons for example Fascist = bad and Communist = meh..  is that the monsters of the Soviet gulags never faced their own world broadcasted Nuremberg Trials the way the monsters of the Nazi death camps famously did. In fact more innocents have died under communist orders than fascist orders - but to even consider this - one has to read history and that is not a popular hobby in Eurasia.  :whistle2: So in general - far leftists get a pass. Those on the right.. they have to tread lightly because of 'Hitler's Germany.'

Two thirds of young Romanians think life was better under communism..

https://www.worldcrunch.com/world-affairs/missing-ceaucescu-meet-the-young-romanians-nostalgic-for-communism

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 03:37

Former soviet nations bounce from the left to the right just like South American nations. The diffetence is that former Soviet nations have a resident population of far leftists who are accepted in society. The UK, Switzerland, US, Japan etc dont. One of the main reasons for example Fascist = bad and Communist = meh..  is that the monsters of the Soviet gulags never faced their own world broadcasted Nuremberg Trials the was the monsters of the Nazi death camps did. In fact more innocents have died under communist orders than fascist orders - but to even consider this - one has to read history and that is not a popular hobby in Eurasia.  :whistle2: So in general - far leftists get a pass. Those on the right.. they have to tread lightly because of 'Hitler's Germany.'

https://www.worldcrunch.com/world-affairs/missing-ceaucescu-meet-the-young-romanians-nostalgic-for-communism
I see. Tbh nostalgia for dictatorships is a common thing in many countries. There's people who miss Salazar in Portugal and people in Spain who miss Franco, for example.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 03:51

Former soviet nations bounce from the left to the right just like South American nations. The diffetence is that former Soviet nations have a resident population of far leftists who are accepted in society. The UK, Switzerland, US, Japan etc dont. One of the main reasons for example Fascist = bad and Communist = meh..  is that the monsters of the Soviet gulags never faced their own world broadcasted Nuremberg Trials the was the monsters of the Nazi death camps did. In fact more innocents have died under communist orders than fascist orders - but to even consider this - one has to read history and that is not a popular hobby in Eurasia.  :whistle2: So in general - far leftists get a pass. Those on the right.. they have to tread lightly because of 'Hitler's Germany.'

I see. Tbh nostalgia for dictatorships is a common thing in many countries. There's people who miss Salazar in Portugal and people in Spain who miss Franco, for example.

I know Spain pretty well. Those who reminisce Franco are mostly Castillian and mostly old. You get a few young fanatics but this cannot be compared to two thirds of young Romanians missing a communist dictator they never knew. And these massive figures can be found throughout former soviet nations. The chances of PAOK's manager comparing PAOK's points deduction to Stalin's Russia were always going to be zero I am afraid. The far left have their villains and Stalin, Ceaușescu, Mao etc are not in that number. Lucescu's language although bizarre for someone born outside the Eastern block, is not rare for someone born within it. You must also remember, there are plenty of rather strange histories being taught in these schools in Eastern Europe. Historical revisionism is second to none in nations like Albania, Fyrom, Romania, Hungary etc

Festivus

Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 04:00

I know Spain pretty well. Those who reminisce Franco are mostly Castillian and mostly old. You get a few young fanatics but this cannot be compared to two thirds of young Romanians missing a communist dictator they never knew. And these massive figures can be found throughout former soviet nations. The chances of PAOK's manager comparing PAOK's points deduction to Stalin's Russia were always going to be zero I am afraid. The far left have their villains and Stalin, Ceaușescu, Mao etc are not in that number. Lucescu's language although bizarre for someone born outside the Eastern block, is not rare for someone born within it. You must also remember, there are plenty of rather strange histories being taught in these schools in Eastern Europe. Historical revisionism is second to none in nations like Albania, Fyrom, Romania, Hungary etc
Oh yeah, a lot of bad blood and nationalism in those countries. I used to tlak to this Romanian of Hungarian ancestry who said the only good part of Romania was Transylvannia and that his friends, mostly of 100% Romanian stock, would jokingly call him ethnic slurs for Hungarians. It was all done for shits and giggles and he obviously found them funny as well but it's there ;D

What's Greece's relationship with all of those countries btw? I mean, Greece was the only non-communist country(well and Cyprus and Turkey lol) east of Germany. Did you guys guard your borders well? Did you get a lot of illegal immigrants form the Balkans in the 70s-80s? How were Greek and Yugoslav relations?

All I know is that Greece has alright relations with Russia, better than most Western nations.

Faliro

Citação de: Festivus em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 04:30
Citação de: Faliro em 30 de Outubro de 2018, 04:00

What's Greece's relationship with all of those countries btw? I mean, Greece was the only non-communist country(well and Cyprus and Turkey lol) east of Germany. Did you guys guard your borders well? Did you get a lot of illegal immigrants form the Balkans in the 70s-80s? How were Greek and Yugoslav relations?

All I know is that Greece has alright relations with Russia, better than most Western nations.

Well Greece was inline to become a communist state. Immediately after WW2 the Greek communists started murdering key WW2 resistance fighters who were leftists.. but not leftist enough.. like this poor hero - murdered for not being hard left enough:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitrios_Psarros

Once they had cleansed the 'soft left' they (Greek communists) started a civil war in Greece with the aim of joining Greece to the Soviet Union.  :crazy2: They lost after much bloodshed but were allowed to remain in Greece and thus sowed the seeds of the modern Greek communists/anarchists who are so vocal today. However the Greek communists began their work long before WW2. The most important Greek King of the modern era was assassinated (George I) in a newly liberated Salonika in 1913 by.. you guessed it.. a Greek communist.

The Greek communists believe patriotism in Greek history is 'fascist' and that greeks have no connection with their past - that Greeks are a modern people with no connection to ancient Greece and just a bunch of Christian slavs, Albanians and others..

What further saved Greece from communism besides Greeks giving their lives to fight Greek communists in the civil war? The Greek Junta. Before the Greek Junta took over - their were communist/anarchist bombs going off in Athens every day. Mass strikes. Disorder. The minute the Junta came in - the far left was silenced and all the dreams the Greek communists had of joining the soviet union died once again - until the fall of the Junta in 74 I believe.

However the main reason Greeks never became communist and had enough people against it is that Greeks are not a slavic race. They are Hellenic. Different DNA, different history, different language (totally non-slav), different customs. Many slavic nations over lap with each other. Greeks have nothing in common with these people as Greeks are the original residents of the Hellenic peninsular and even the Black sea and coastal Turkey. Slavs are meaningless to Greeks and rightly so. Sadly when Albania collapsed the socialist Greek Govt allowed over a million Albanians into Greece.. :crazy2: but besides that Greece has kept its borders fairly well simply because all the other nations would not allow their citizens to leave.

Greeks have a soft spot for Russians (the third Rome - the successors to Byzantium) and Serbs - defenders against Ottomanism historically. The rest of the slavs and their nations are meaningless to Greeks despite Romania, Ukraine and Bulgaria once having large Greek cities filled with Greeks up until the 20th Century. Romania is interesting because Greeks were placed in Romania by the Ottomans to govern Romania..  :crazy2: Specifically these Greeks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phanariotes

So to sum up - Greece has zero relationship or connections culturally, linguistically or genetically with nations like Slovenia, Slovakia, Croatia, Belarus etc.. For me Greeks have far more in common with Lebanese Christians for example than any Slavic nation. The closest peoples to Greeks genetically and culturally are southern Italians - who only stopped speaking Greek as their lingua franca around the 1500s - when Italian was pushed more in their schools and administration. Up until that time they were still pure Greeks almost.

Faliro

Sa is our number one keeper now..

Just thought I would put that out there.,